Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Mexico
Hammer27 12:34 PM 10-21-2009
Im goin on a cruise next month and one of the stops is in Cozumel from the information i was able to find I should only be able to find CC fakes but everything i found was dated from about 2 years ago I was just wonderin if anybody knew where i could find some real CCs while i was there
[Reply]
Blindjimme 12:48 PM 10-21-2009
Hey friend. You should go to the new inmate processing area and post an introduction. Let everyone get to know you a little. Welcome to the Asylum!
[Reply]
BigCat 12:48 PM 10-21-2009
Figure out where the la casa del habanos is in Cozumel. Someone here can likely point you to it based on personal experience (assuming there is one). If you buy anywhere else, you run a large risk of getting fakes. Plan on spending some bucks.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:45 PM 10-21-2009
There is an LCDH in Playa del Carmen, which is a short (45 min.) ferry ride away from Cozumel.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 03:12 PM 10-21-2009
Don't know about the resort areas, but if you're in "inland" Mexico, Sanborn's Dept. Stores has a limited selection......

Rumor is the Sanborns in resort areas have fakes. Don't know for sure.....
[Reply]
Tarks 03:55 PM 10-21-2009
When in Mexico, do not buy from any place other than a LCDH. I repeat, do not buy from any place other than a LCDH. If you do, they will be fakes.
[Reply]
Playa Habana 06:18 PM 03-24-2010
Hey guys I'm new here but just to let you know the LCDH in Playa del Carmen is on 28th and the beach, just near to Mamitas.

I'm down there a lot of the time hopefully I'll see see one or two of you around
[Reply]
newlifetaxidermy 09:15 PM 03-24-2010
Make sure to get a glass top box of the Cohiba barber poles.
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 09:01 AM 03-25-2010
I think you can get those conveniently on the pier where the cruise ships dock.:-)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 10:11 PM 03-25-2010
Good evening, I live in Cancun and am over in Cozumel about once a week if I am in Mexico. There is going to be a LCDH in Cozumel soon, the owners of Cohiba Atmosphere Cancun will be opening it around Summer, they have a provisional site set up in a jewerly shop called "Touch of Gold". As the others say, do not buy Cuban cigars anywehere else, they are fakes for the most part.

There is a LCDH and a BDM in Playa but this is a chancy trip unless you take a mainland trip from your ship - either Tulum, Xcaret or Xel-ha and they will shoot you over on the ferry first thing in the morning and you will have an hour to do some shopping in Playa.

Safe travels.
[Reply]
Playa Habana 05:08 PM 03-27-2010
Hey,

I'm at the LCDH in Playa del Carmen, for sure come on over, have a chat and we'll sort sort you out with some tasty sticks...we've currently got the only smoking lounge in Playa as well so maybe if you've got time you can have a seat, chill out and maybe a mojito or two....

be good to see you
[Reply]
Caymus 09:30 PM 03-28-2010
There is a large open-walled restaurant near the town square right along the main road. I can't recall the name and cant' locate it online. I went to it while my wife and kids shopped and smoked a cigar at the bar. They had Havana Club rum. It was a great 45 minutes.
[Reply]
Playa Habana 03:49 PM 03-29-2010
La bodeguita del Cubano, I think it is. Ring a bell? Lots of Che and dark wood?
[Reply]
Caymus 11:15 AM 03-30-2010
I just looked that place up online, Playa Habana, and it looks great ! I wish I had known about it. That's not the place I was at though. It was modern and "touristy" but a great location and a place I could smoke a cigar, drink good drinks, and people watch.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 09:50 PM 03-30-2010
Bodeguita del Medio (LBDM) - playa habano I might try and swing by Thursday late afternoon on my way back from Cozumel.

Originally Posted by Caymus:
I just looked that place up online, Playa Habana, and it looks great ! I wish I had known about it. That's not the place I was at though. It was modern and "touristy" but a great location and a place I could smoke a cigar, drink good drinks, and people watch.

[Reply]
Playa Habana 05:15 PM 03-31-2010
@Texan, look forward to seeing you round here
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:06 AM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by newlifetaxidermy:
Make sure to get a glass top box of the Cohiba barber poles.
Grab two while you're at it. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Playa Habana 03:58 PM 04-03-2010
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
Bodeguita del Medio (LBDM) - playa habano I might try and swing by Thursday late afternoon on my way back from Cozumel.
Good to meet you the other day man, how was the stick?
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 04:09 PM 04-03-2010
El Rey del Mundo really hit the spot on the drive home, thanks! I did a thread about your place LCDH - Playa. Great meeting you and will visit again soon.
[Reply]
LaHarpe 12:25 PM 04-05-2010
How about buying Mexican cigars, such as Santa Clara or Te Amo, in Mexico? Are they a better deal there (than in the USA)?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up