Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 210 of 334
« First < 110160200208209210 211212220260310 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda,Chainsaw13 and Icehog3 II
bonjing 09:38 PM 12-15-2017
If you think it’s good then it is good :-):-)

Quick lap on the treadmill

Squats
Weighted squat jumps
Cos grove complexes
Overhead farmers carry
Calf raises
Lunges
Bench lunge/squat thingy one leg on the bench thing
Kettle bell swings.

Legs felt good but almost slide down the stairs leaving the gym :-)

Better stretch tonight or i know I’m going to cramp up. :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 09:52 PM 12-15-2017
That one leg thing is called Bulgarian split squat. I throw that in once or twice a week.

Squats @ 60% 5x6
Pause squats @ 50% 3x6 for 5 seconds each rep

Assault bike for 5 min

Flat bench 3x12
Seated Arnold presses 4x6

Finished off with some quick tris
[Reply]
mk05 10:12 PM 12-15-2017
I've changed up my life quite a bit in the last year. I have cut carbs and sugar out of my diet, and I pretty much just work with my body weight.

I basically do the same exercise daily, but different frequencies:
1000m row (~5 minutes)
1 min flat plank, 1 min side plank each
20 kettlebell swings
20 push-ups
10 pull-ups
5x

OR

2000m row (~10 minutes)
1 min flat plank, 1 min side plank each
40 kettlebell swings
40 push-ups
20 pull-ups
3x

OR

1000m row
planks
20 barbell thrusters
10 pull-ups
5x

I've become way more energetic (I know, it's scary), my sprint time is better, and I feel a lot healthier.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 10:31 PM 12-15-2017
Glad to see you around Marc. Good work, whatever works for you but with all your traveling, that must be hard to resist. Bread is life!
[Reply]
icehog3 01:04 AM 12-16-2017
Good stuff Greg, Huy, Marc.

Hershel Walker did almost everything with bodyweight. That's a pretty good testimonial right there.

Marc, you'll have to make an exception for some alcohol sugars at the Hog Herf. :-)

Now to get some sleep before I head in to work back tomorrow. Have hockey games the next 3 consecutive nights as well, I should be toast by Tuesday.

Sh!t, what a great name for a band..... Toast By Tuesday. Call the trademark office.
[Reply]
mk05 08:03 AM 12-16-2017
Well you know~~~alcohol sugars are apparently not recognized by the body as regular sugar! Allegedly! Don't tell me if I'm wrong! I need this excuse to keep drinking!

Surprisingly, it hasn't been hard to cut carbs out of my diet. I don't crave bread or carbs, at all. I also drink less (not really) because my body cannot handle as much alcohol without the carbs (by this I really mean that I get massive hangovers now).

I did make one exception, and that was the morning after the first day at the Festival. I had the symptoms described by the US intelligence reports regarding the sonic attacks in Havana, the slight speech impediment, memory loss, seeing colors, massive headaches. I took a taxi to Nacional, and ate 2 Cuban sandwiches with about a liter of coffee - sunglasses on, zero conversations. Some people came up to meet me for the first time, and I was like, "sorry, not right now. Come back later." Not my proudest moment, but a moment nonetheless.
[Reply]
bonjing 09:17 AM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Glad to see you around Marc. Good work, whatever works for you but with all your traveling, that must be hard to resist. Bread is life!
Sourdough is life :-)

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Good stuff Greg, Huy, Marc.

Hershel Walker did almost everything with bodyweight. That's a pretty good testimonial right there.

Marc, you'll have to make an exception for some alcohol sugars at the Hog Herf. :-)

Now to get some sleep before I head in to work back tomorrow. Have hockey games the next 3 consecutive nights as well, I should be toast by Tuesday.

Sh!t, what a great name for a band..... Toast By Tuesday. Call the trademark office.
Tom, the running back Hershel Walker? Wow I never new that.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:36 AM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by bonjing:

Tom, the running back Hershel Walker? Wow I never new that.
He did massive amounts of sit-ups, push ups, pull ups and sprints. Pretty amazing guy.

I'm pretty low in general on carbs, but do take in some simple sugars (berries, other fruit) early and a little complex carbs mid day if I have hockey, usually whole grains or the like. But I probably take in about 25% or less of the carbs I took in 10 years ago.

P.S....you're right about alcohol carbs, Marc.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:18 AM 12-16-2017
Want feeling it last night, so I took a day off. Back at it this morning. Since the hotel dumbbells max out at 50lbs, I'm adding reps where I can.

15 mins bike to warm up
Dumbbell bench press, 4x10-15
Dumbbell overhead press, 4x11-15
Dumbbell incline row, 4x13-20
Standing cable chest fly, 3x13-15
Close grip single arm row, 3x14-20
Cable lateral raise, 3x11-13

Ate breakfast to refuel, then went back to do another 30 mins on the bike.
[Reply]
mk05 05:02 PM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by icehog3:
He did massive amounts of sit-ups, push ups, pull ups and sprints. Pretty amazing guy.

I'm pretty low in general on carbs, but do take in some simple sugars (berries, other fruit) early and a little complex carbs mid day if I have hockey, usually whole grains or the like. But I probably take in about 25% or less of the carbs I took in 10 years ago.

P.S....you're right about alcohol carbs, Marc.
That's good to get confirmation haha. I remember my HS coach used to tell us that dark beer is great right after hockey LOL :-)

Bo Jackson also never lifted weights either, according to the documentary that I watched - he only used weights to strengthen his neck!

I like where I am now, but man...I have to be careful with alcohol. I'm already Asian, but anything more than 3 drinks, and it is game over for me
:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:34 AM 12-17-2017
Guinness is my beer of choice after hockey. If I can get my cheapskate teammates to buy it. :-)

Back yesterday. Heavy on bent over rows, moderate weight high reps on T-bars, heavy on one arm rows, volume on cable rows. Grip strength was shot afterwards, couldn't even make 30 seconds on dead hangs.

Off today (in the middle of 3 in 3 hockey stretch), I'll head in for arms and some shoulders tomorrow.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:32 AM 12-17-2017
Cardio day.

5 minute warmup on bike, followed by some dynamic stretching.
3x with a minute rest in between, 30 seconds each burpees, push-ups, mountain climber, leg lifts, jumping jack, Russian twists.
30 mins on bike.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:02 AM 12-18-2017
Nice work over the weekend guys.

Nothing for me, just Sunday league.

Taking tomorrow off bc I want to rather take the family to LEGOland than be in the gym.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:26 AM 12-18-2017
Heading in to the gym....lower back tweaked and sore. Another short bench last night, 10 guys, and looking like it maybe even be shorter tonight. Oy vey.
[Reply]
bonjing 08:50 PM 12-18-2017
Weight room closed for basketball game tonight, small price to pay for a free gym.

Jogged for about 2 miles around the school. Dang it was dark and scary.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 10:20 PM 12-18-2017
You big pussaay
[Reply]
bonjing 08:57 AM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
You big pussaay
IT"S DARK!!!! Can't see squat! That's what I notices about really nice areas, they are dark! I almost rolled my ankle on a piece of lifted sidewalk that I didn't see. And then there was some weird shadow that I was getting closer to, turned out to be a person but still; I couldn't tell what it was, IT'S DARK!!!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:05 AM 12-19-2017
One last workout before I board the plane home.

Superset, 4x15 ea, cable bicep curls/cable tri extensions
Alternating dumbbell curls, 4x15
Dips, 4x to failure
Russian twists, 3x to failure
Cable crunches, 3x15

Ordered me some BCAA and glutamine, should be delivered tomorrow.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:42 AM 12-19-2017
Good work, Greg and Bob. :-)

Short, heavy delts and bis workout yesterday, along with some moderate tris for reps. Got through my 5th hockey game in 7 nights without hurting my back much more. A day of rest today to see if I can get this back back to normal.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:06 PM 12-19-2017
Deads 5x4 @80%
Pause deads 3x6-8 @60%

Bent over single row using BB 5x8

Pull ups - assault bike @10 min
[Reply]
Page 210 of 334
« First < 110160200208209210 211212220260310 > Last »
Up