Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Smoke shack
PearlS4 12:51 PM 10-11-2012
Since I don't imbibe inside the house, I have a feeling it's going to get quite unpleasant here in WA State to be smoking outside. I do have a covered deck area in the front of that house, but it's still cold. Planning on picking up one of these greenhouses for a herf shack and sticking it on my back deck for the winter. Throw a few deck chairs in there and a small side table and be done with it. There is a power outlet out there as well as a propane hook-up I could utilize for heat, well vented, of course. Anyone here ever try a similar set up? Or have you manged to convince your SO to have a room in the house?

[Reply]
Ogre 01:09 PM 10-11-2012
I have a room in the house. That does look cool though.
[Reply]
ksknnr 01:13 PM 10-11-2012
I actually just cleared out my shed for the winter and put a small bar table and a few bar stools out their. It has electrcity so I am just going to put an fan in the window for an exhaust, and a small heater, and a small fridge for beers.
Better than standing in the snow.
[Reply]
pnoon 01:23 PM 10-11-2012
You should consider resizing your pictures prior to posting.

:-)
[Reply]
OLS 01:25 PM 10-11-2012
READ THE RULES!!

You cannot be a dude, especially not one with 6 posts, and then post a Smoke Shack pic of "you" brightening up
your new herfing digs with a Poinsettia. We were all thinking, 'hey, cute asian chick joined up, name's PEARL.
I need to PM her my astrological sign and send her some cigars before any of the other dudes get to her first.'

Turns out your name is James, you are not asian probably, you do not yet OWN said smoke shack and
MAYBE DO NOT EVEN OWN a poinsettia.

harumph.
[Reply]
363 01:27 PM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
READ THE RULES!!

You cannot be a dude, especially not one with 6 posts, and then post a Smoke Shack pic of "you" brightening up
your new herfing digs with a Poinsettia. We were all thinking, 'hey, cute asian chick joined up, name's PEARL.
I need to PM her my astrological sign and send her some cigars before any of the other dudes get to her first.'

Turns out your name is James, you are not asian probably, you do not yet OWN said smoke shack and

harumph.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
PearlS4 01:30 PM 10-11-2012
1200 x 1200 too big?, I was not aware, sorry bout that.
[Reply]
Zane 01:35 PM 10-11-2012
READ THE RULES!!

harumph.
:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 01:36 PM 10-11-2012
READ THE RULES!!

harumph.
Damn, that's rough!!!:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 01:38 PM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by PearlS4:
1200 x 1200 too big?, I was not aware, sorry bout that.
James, I try to keep pics under 400 x 400. :-)
[Reply]
jimdandy 01:47 PM 10-11-2012
Is she Asian :-)
Neat idea, I'd be interested in how effective it is.
[Reply]
PearlS4 01:54 PM 10-11-2012
I'll let you know how it works out. And in the future I'll scale the pic sizes down.
[Reply]
big pete 04:22 PM 10-11-2012
I think it won't offer much more than your covered deck. I think Sears has a few metal tool sheds for around $300 if you're on a budget.

I'm still planning on building a small shed in the backyard (8x8) to use as a smoking room. Should be big enough for a couch, tv, and table. It's going to be insulated with a exhaust fan and window. Prelim estimate will be around $7-900 (depending on materials).
[Reply]
Ogre 04:35 PM 10-11-2012
I built this for $1k. 12 x 16 with deck boards for flooring instead of plywood

[Reply]
Remo 04:39 PM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by Ogre:
I built this for $1k. 12 x 16 with deck boards for flooring instead of plywood

That's where Leigh makes him sleep :-) :-)
[Reply]
mkarnold1 05:46 PM 10-11-2012
This is my smoking shack:
Works pretty well. I just run an extension cord to a power strip and plug in an electric heater and a lamp for great smoking in inclement weather.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 05:49 PM 10-11-2012
I thought that was Ally's playhouse???:-)
[Reply]
EricF 05:54 PM 10-11-2012
Just move to South Florida! Year round smokin' weather! :-)
[Reply]
jimdandy 10:16 PM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by EricF:
Just move to South Florida! Year round smokin' weather! :-)
:-) Now that's some problem solving!
[Reply]
Up