Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Discussion>Do we want a 2010 CA pipe?
DrDubzz 05:20 PM 03-14-2010
Christos (Greekgodx) broached the topic to me. So if there's enough interest one or both of us will head that up.

Do you guys want a 2010 pipe? Do we want a Boswell again? Something perhaps slightly more... refined? Let me know in this thread. We'll go from there

Tim
[Reply]
GreekGodX 05:33 PM 03-14-2010
You know I'm in.

My thoughts are we don't want to make it too expensive, but something a little more higher end would be cool.
[Reply]
boom 05:47 PM 03-14-2010
I would be interested pending the costs....
[Reply]
WyGuy 05:50 PM 03-14-2010
Also interested, depending on the final price.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 05:59 PM 03-14-2010
well go ahead and post up what your max price would be

for me, I don't know since it will depend when they need to be paid for. I have little to no disposable income now, but will this summer after I graduate
[Reply]
BigFrank 06:13 PM 03-14-2010
I passed last year due to some financial issues. But I am more than game this year.
[Reply]
Nick 06:19 PM 03-14-2010
I really wanted to get in on that quagliata pipe on ICC but didn't have any idea of what my tax return would be, well now I know so I could be game depending on price and maker.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 06:33 PM 03-14-2010
Nick, I passed because I don't care for the pipe, plus I have one similar that I do care for.

I had higher hopes for the ICC pipe. But alas, we have some flexibility here.

As for ours, I would love to cap it at $100 so more people will be interested, but that really limits what we can do. But not everyone wants to shell out 150-200 bucks.

you guys just let me know, and we'll figure it out. We might be able to get RQ to do it, or the Boswells... maybe Jake Hackert, I could talk to him, but he doesn't do sandblasts that I know of. Throw out suggestions
[Reply]
Ranger_B 09:34 PM 03-14-2010
I was sorry I passed last year. I have been smoking my pipes more often lately and would be interested in this years for sure.
[Reply]
andrew 01:09 AM 03-15-2010
I am interested.

Also could someone post pictures of previous any previous ones?
[Reply]
Gary 04:51 AM 03-15-2010
i found some pictures:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...8&postcount=43

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...3&postcount=52

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...774&postcount=
Originally Posted by andrew:
I am interested.

Also could someone post pictures of previous any previous ones?

[Reply]
Curly Cut 09:24 AM 03-15-2010
i know spending over $100 isn't what people want to do with their money in most circumstances... but you're hamstringing yourself in choices by keeping the cost below $100. how many carvers out there make pipes, or would consider making a forum pipe of the year, that would come down to that price (other than Boswell and maybe a big company that does machine mades from europe)?

mark tinsky can get it done for barely over $125, if you want to keep the shape simple, the pipe in the smaller side (his size 4 or 5), and you get his "coral carved" finish.

another to possibly ask, ozarkmountainbriars.com's David Johnson, he's back making pipes, but i don't know how many he's making... he's famous for his "pokerdog" shape, and his prices are reasonable.

just an idea... i'm not taking part, but figured i'd throw that out there.
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:53 AM 03-15-2010
Originally Posted by Curly Cut:
(SNIP)...another to possibly ask, ozarkmountainbriars.com's David Johnson, he's back making pipes, but i don't know how many he's making... he's famous for his "pokerdog" shape, and his prices are reasonable.

just an idea... i'm not taking part, but figured i'd throw that out there.
I just went to his site, and I gotta say, he does pretty work! :-)
[Reply]
Slow Triathlete 12:33 PM 03-15-2010
I do like that pokerdog!
[Reply]
DrDubzz 01:04 PM 03-15-2010
I like the pokerdog as well. However, seeing as we did a poker last year, I would prefer something a little different. just my opinion.
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:24 PM 03-15-2010
Originally Posted by RX2010:
I like the pokerdog as well. However, seeing as we did a poker last year, I would prefer something a little different. just my opinion.
Like this Ozark Mountain Briars Bent Dublin with Sapele Inlay?
[Reply]
WyGuy 01:28 PM 03-15-2010
Any interest in a Canadian style pipe? Though I'd be down for anything really.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 01:33 PM 03-15-2010
I'd be down for a dublin shape, or a Lovat
[Reply]
DrDubzz 02:01 PM 03-15-2010
I'd be down for a dublin shape, or a Lovat
[Reply]
Curly Cut 03:29 PM 03-15-2010
ah, i wasn't in on last years pipe... you all did a boswell, if i remember... didn't know it was a poker.
either way, good luck with it all. i think i posted a link to something trevor talbert wrote about "fun with forum pipes"... it's a good quick read when embarking this journey, i've re-read it a few times.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up