Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Weekend Humidor Project
groogs 08:19 PM 09-10-2009
Well I didn't have much going on last weekend so I figured another humidor wouldn't hurt. In all honesty another humidor was a necessity. I have filled all my current humidors and coolers to the brim. I used an oak ice box end table. I had to replace the back and bottom, because they were both very flimsy.

Here is a picture of it before I refinished it.

I had some cedar in the shop for the cabinet I just started building, so I just had to run it through the jointer and planer and I was good to go.

Her it is refinished and re assembled. It took me about 6 days to complete it and I am happy with how it turned out. I decided to go with a darker finish, becasue there was a dark stain on the top that I couldn't sand it out. The dark stain covered it perfectly and I really like the color.

[Reply]
ahc4353 08:24 PM 09-10-2009
Great job! She's a beauty!
[Reply]
groogs 08:25 PM 09-10-2009
I decided to change out the original name plate with the Scorpion badge from my box of Camacho's. I was going to use the Camacho embelem also, but it didn't fit anywhere.

The inside is all Spanish cedar. I used the extra slats to cover the joints and I also figured they would help the air circulate better with all the boxes I am going to pack in there.

I was going to put a seal around the door, but it seals really well already, so it is seasoning right now and it will be full very soon.:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:51 PM 09-10-2009
Wow Grant!!! That looks fantastic!!!

BTW - Bruiser's tail made it into one of the photos!!!:-)
[Reply]
groogs 08:53 PM 09-10-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Wow Grant!!! That looks fantastic!!!

BTW - Bruiser's tail made it into one of the photos!!!:-)
What do you expect, that dog has to be in the middle of everything.:-)
[Reply]
Cyanide 08:57 PM 09-10-2009
Man that kicks @ss. I am going to have to start looking for old oak ice boxes now as well on ebay.

At that to the jewelry display cases, wine coolers and aquariums that I have been searching for, in the hopes of finding a cheap item I can convert to humi.
[Reply]
14holestogie 09:00 PM 09-10-2009
Looks very nice, Grant. :-)

I'll also have to keep my eye open for some reclamation projects for the winter.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 09:02 PM 09-10-2009
Damn Grant that's a kick ass project.
[Reply]
weak_link 09:02 PM 09-10-2009
Nice work Grant, looking good.:-)
[Reply]
poriggity 09:05 PM 09-10-2009
Thats awesome! My parents used to have an old icebox like that.. Wonder what happened to it... I need another humidor.
Scott
[Reply]
Darrell 09:06 PM 09-10-2009
You did a really nice job, my friend. Really nice. :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 09:08 PM 09-10-2009
Excellent work Grant, use it in good health.
[Reply]
Chompers 09:12 PM 09-10-2009
Looks good!

I really like that finish you put on it!
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 09:15 PM 09-10-2009
Dang that is freaking sweet! Good job grant!
[Reply]
Ratters 09:18 PM 09-10-2009
That looks awesome Grant. I have some Padilla Burberrey's for you to put in there. :-)
[Reply]
groogs 09:25 PM 09-10-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:
That looks awesome Grant. I have some Padilla Burberrey's for you to put in there. :-)
Is there a secret herf this weekend?:-)
[Reply]
groogs 09:30 PM 09-10-2009
Originally Posted by Cyanide:
Man that kicks @ss. I am going to have to start looking for old oak ice boxes now as well on ebay.

At that to the jewelry display cases, wine coolers and aquariums that I have been searching for, in the hopes of finding a cheap item I can convert to humi.
My mom said she has seen a few of these at yard sales, so that might be a good place to look as well. I told her to grab me a few more if she sees thed.

Originally Posted by poriggity:
Thats awesome! My parents used to have an old icebox like that.. Wonder what happened to it... I need another humidor.
Scott
I took this one from my parents. My mom had two more that she gave to my sister. I am going to have to see if she is using them.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 09:32 PM 09-10-2009
BABOTL auction?
[Reply]
Sailchaser 09:37 PM 09-10-2009
Very Nicely Done!!!
[Reply]
bobarian 09:38 PM 09-10-2009
That is a beauty Grant, well done.

Originally Posted by sonic_mike:
BABOTL auction?
Fortunately, I have a good supply of what Grant likes! If that ever comes to be!:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up