Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Anyone have this Vino??
rennD 01:03 PM 06-14-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
With three doubles and two singles...how much space does that leave you for boxes?
The Oasis will be at the bottom and from my measurements, I can place 4 or 5 smaller boxes at the bottom next to the Oasis. I do not plan on emptying out any boxes for the trays with exception of singles. Then again, plans may change dependent on my storage needs. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:05 PM 06-14-2009
great..gives me something to start with. Thanks a ton Carl!!
[Reply]
rennD 01:20 PM 06-14-2009
No worries and GL brother
[Reply]
reggiebuckeye 02:11 PM 06-14-2009
Isn't it amazing when a group of BOTLs get together on a problem?
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:59 PM 06-14-2009
It is amazing...that is what makes CAs so special a place!!! I am so glad I am a member of this fine establishment!!
[Reply]
LeoM 03:25 PM 06-14-2009
I do believe that Scott (shilala) ran two of the compressor driven Frigidaire units you're looking at with great success. If you really want that one, you may want to drop him a PM and get the skinny.
[Reply]
shilala 05:59 PM 06-14-2009
I have three of the coolers you mentioned. Actually I only have two now. I sold one of the cigar ones to BooBar last week.
One I use for drinks on the back porch, the other sits by my desk full of cigars.
Here's the for sale thread from when I was selling them.
The whole back of the unit is the evaporator plate. I had to add fans to dry the plate when the compressor kicks on. I plugged the drain, added drawers, and 40 ounces of beads.
It stays at 70 degrees and 64% constantly.
The one I use for drinks I had to add fans, too. The back ices up and the fans circulate the cold. My drinks stay incredibly cold, right at the almost freezing point.
They are way bigger than vinos, by a longshot.
They require mods to make them work for you. If you're not handy with that sirta stuff, go for a vino or edgestar cause the brothers here make stuff to support those couple models.
If you're handy, you can use anything.
I'm gonna do a giant Mistic BevAir cooler next. :-)

I should mention there's threads at the old place that show all the pics of the mods I made, and how I built the drawers. I have to go plant flowers or I'd look them up for ya. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:05 PM 06-14-2009
Thanks Scott...I am really leaning towards the Edgestar and have Chasden make me some drawers for it. I will be hitting you up for some beads to keep it constant. They work AWESOME in my humi...keep it a constant 65% and 67-70 degrees.
[Reply]
shilala 06:09 PM 06-14-2009
You gotta search "Project of the Day : Winador Drawers" at the old place to see how I did the drawers.
Somewhere is how I did the fans and lights. Couldn't find that stuff. Sorry. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:11 PM 06-14-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Thanks Scott...I am really leaning towards the Edgestar and have Chasden make me some drawers for it. I will be hitting you up for some beads to keep it constant. They work AWESOME in my humi...keep it a constant 65% and 67-70 degrees.
That's the best advice you could give yourself. :-)
You HAVE to plug the drain.
It's non-negotiable. Otherwise all the beads in the world won't help. :-)
Chuck makes badass drawers.
I'd choose double deep with no glass top, but that's just me. :-)
The main thing, HAVE FUN!!!
You're gonna love putting it together. It's a blast. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:12 PM 06-14-2009
I'd get the oak or cherry stain, too. lol. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up