Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Butane Question
Ic3man08 02:23 AM 10-04-2009
So I have had my BluRhino torch lighter for about a month now, and between playing w the cool blue flame (ezily entertained :/) and lighting up my stogies, I ran out of fuel. The salesperson I bought the torch from gave me a tiny refill bottle when I bought the torch. Well my lighter ran out of fuel today and I decided to refill it. WHAT A MESS!!! I pretty much wasted the whole little bottle that looked like it would've lasted me 3 or 4 refills, just from trying to learn how to refill. Anyways, im down to barely nothing in the refill bottle, and I think I finally was able to get the darn lighter refilled (and my room now has a WONDERFUL odor thanks to the butane). So now I have to ask...

- How long did it take you guys to learn how to refill the lighter properly?
- Since I need to buy new butane for the next refill, which brand or type do you recommend? Any links? I know Ronson is a no-no and I should look for one that has been refined a few times. What else should I look for?
- Is there anywhere online I can pick it up for cheap that you would recommend? Or do i go to a hardware store, a walmart, or my local smoke shop to pick up the butane?

Thanks a lot for the advice guys, much appreciated.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:59 AM 10-04-2009
I had problems my first time as well. Here is a video that should help. Vector butane rocks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ttjmi4PK0A
[Reply]
bvilchez 03:08 AM 10-04-2009
Yea that video pretty much sums it up
[Reply]
Mark C 05:53 AM 10-04-2009
I bought a can of butane at Lowe's, near the cordless soldering irons and torches. Don't know the brand, but I haven't had any problems with it in the cheapo lighters I use.
[Reply]
dunng 06:05 AM 10-04-2009
I prefer Vector... Great video too - all I have to add is, give the lighter a shake in between purging. :-)
[Reply]
eber 07:22 AM 10-04-2009
I have been using Colibri butane since I started this hobby and I haven't had any problems.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 07:44 AM 10-04-2009
I used to buy the cheap butane until I used some Vector. I only use Vector now..

My lighters flame was some what dull, but Vector almost doubled the flame size.
[Reply]
captain53 07:48 AM 10-04-2009
I have tried many of the premiums and all worked fine but Local B&M told me Vector is as good or better refined as any and comes in larger containers at less $, that is all I have used for the past year and no problems.

And just like you it took me some time to figure out the process, even asked for help. Still waste some from time to time though.:-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:12 AM 10-04-2009
Vector is by far the best fuel.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 09:48 AM 10-04-2009
Vector and Lava are both great fuels to use and heres a tip; put your lighter in the freezer for a few minutes before fueling. Without getting technical, it helps draw the fuel into your lighter.:-)
[Reply]
Ic3man08 10:46 AM 10-04-2009
Thanks for all the info guys. I think I'm going to follow the crowd and go with the vector butane. Where can I pick some of this up or order it?
[Reply]
Paint 10:58 AM 10-04-2009
Vector & Colibri for me.
[Reply]
captain53 11:10 AM 10-04-2009
Originally Posted by Ic3man08:
Thanks for all the info guys. I think I'm going to follow the crowd and go with the vector butane. Where can I pick some of this up or order it?
Most B&M's carry it I think, you want find it at the grocery store or Walmart or the likes but a good smoke shop should have it. I am sure some of the online stores have it but many don't sell fuel because of shipping restrictions.
[Reply]
Up