Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Got the go ahead on a wine Cooler!
kydsid 02:45 PM 09-01-2009
Well the drain sure is a lot easier to plug on an Edgestar. Just need an acorn nut. :-)
[Reply]
poriggity 09:26 PM 09-01-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I don't see how you can go wrong, Scott. There's BOTLs on the forum using both brands, so tips and help should be easy to come by. Congrats on the purchase.
Posted via Mobile Device
I am going to start doing a search now to see how people have set thiers up. Mine shipped today, and it should be on its way!
Scott
[Reply]
poriggity 02:40 PM 09-04-2009
Ok, so far, I am very impressed with Compactappliance.com Shipped the edgestar 4 hours after the order was placed, and it looked as though it would be at my doorstep on this coming Tuesday because of the holiday. I just got notice that it was delivered onto my deck just now. I wish I wasn't stuck at work! :-) :-)
Pics to follow, in a few hours after I get home.
Scott
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:45 PM 09-04-2009
Originally Posted by poriggity:
Ok, so far, I am very impressed with Compactappliance.com Shipped the edgestar 4 hours after the order was placed, and it looked as though it would be at my doorstep on this coming Tuesday because of the holiday. I just got notice that it was delivered onto my deck just now. I wish I wasn't stuck at work! :-) :-)
Pics to follow, in a few hours after I get home.
Scott
Scott, I hope it isn't dented up from the fast delivery!!!:-)
[Reply]
poriggity 02:51 PM 09-04-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Scott, I hope it isn't dented up from the fast delivery!!!:-)
hahahaha.. Me too! Unbeliveable service from www.compactappliance.com so far! Ordered it at 8am this last tuesday, got notice that it shipped at 12noon on the same day, and it arrived on my doorstep here in so cal from Texas today. 3 days! Not bad at all. Just wish there was a way for me to get home to see how it looked and get it inside the house!
Scott
[Reply]
kydsid 03:34 PM 09-04-2009
Ya they do pretty good. I got mine next day. Although it only had to make a 3 hour trip down I35.
[Reply]
poriggity 03:38 PM 09-04-2009
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Ya they do pretty good. I got mine next day. Although it only had to make a 3 hour trip down I35.
Usually when anything is shipped ground from another state, UPS takes the full 7 days to get it to me LOL... There are a few exceptions, but not very many!
Scott
[Reply]
poriggity 11:08 PM 09-04-2009
Here are some pics as I unpacked the Edgestar...

Double boxed, padded with styrofoam!

Out of the box, next to the beer fridge.. What a great combo.. Beer fridge and humidor side by side!

Side shot:

As I opened the door:

Without the shelves:

More to come as I document the conversion.. Surprisingly it didn't really smell too plastic like.. I let it air out for a couple hours, and have now thrown a few cigar boxes in there and shut the door.. We'll see how it does.. Its unplugged at the moment. I'll be leaving tommorow and probably won't be home again until Sunday night, so I will check it out then.. It should be good to go by then, and I can start seasoning it to get it up to temp. Hopefully I have enough beads! If not, I'll just have to order more!
Scott
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:58 AM 09-05-2009
Looking good Scott!!!

Can't wait to see cigars in it!!!
:-)
[Reply]
skyhigh340 09:02 AM 09-05-2009
Lookin good so far. This might be the final push I need to get into the winador game.:-)
[Reply]
captain53 09:21 AM 09-05-2009
Same experience I had with them, best price, best packing, fastest delivery, overall Great Shopping Experience!:-)
[Reply]
poriggity 08:19 PM 09-07-2009
Ok, here are a few more pictures. Got home from a long weekend with family, and opened up the wine-a-dor, and it was smelling plastic like. So, I took some mild palmolive soap, and warm water, and scrubbed it down, then let it air dry and dried it with a towel.

With the plastic smell out of it, I set up a few bowls of distilled water on the wine racks.

I threw in a few cigar boxes and my hygrometer, and the wine-a-dor is running now. I will let it sit for a couple of days while I let it setup. I have beads coming from Heartfelt, and once things are stabalized in there, I will put the cigars in there. I am hoping to have everything setup and up and running by mid week this week.

Scott
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 11:27 AM 09-09-2009
Looks great, be sure to keep us updated on your progress

Bart
[Reply]
poriggity 09:39 PM 09-09-2009
Got an entire writeup posted here:
http://www.cigarchoice.net/?p=230

:-)
Scott
[Reply]