Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 99
« First < 456 781656 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
s15driftking 02:46 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Wow. Way to show your ass, Bobby.

Greg is not going to blow smoke up your ass. It may do you some good to listen to him rather than getting your panties in a bunch and throwing a tantrum. Greg has been in this game probably longer than we have been alive.

:-)
Tantrum??? Merely proving a point.

What happened? I blacked out.

And Thrak, the Arabic dials were the original release, then came the batons and the split arabic. All style are available at any vendor for BNIB purchase in 2009 as long as thats the one they got in... and the one you want.

As my local Breitling authorized dealers stated.... They don't often know what they are gettign in new orders. apparently they just spend their designated purchase per month and stuff comes in. Do i neccesarrily believe that... No... Hence why they always try and sell you whats there at that point in time.... so they wont have to special order it in.

It is possible that vendors sell NOS if it didn't sell well initially and space-in-the-case is limited... But that isnt the case because the Super Avengers "fly off the shelves" and the case that they are in is HUGE. I will check my COSC when i get home though just to make sure.
[Reply]
s15driftking 02:55 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
:-) Its not even close. http://www.breitling.com/en/#/models...avenger-faces/

But I'm not a watch guy so what do I know. :-)
They are referring to the black face with black subdials, that was new for 2009.

The hour markings are known as "batons" and those were intro'd in 2006 IIRC. the arabics were intro'd on the original release of 2004, and the split arabic was late 2008 intro.
[Reply]
Darrell 02:56 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
You proved something alright, but it was not your point.

[Reply]
s15driftking 02:58 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
You proved something alright, but it was not your point.

come on now dude.
[Reply]
bobarian 03:02 PM 10-22-2009
Sure seems strange that the fakes on watchwoot look more like the one you showed than the ones on the actual Breitling site. :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 03:47 PM 10-22-2009
Current two :

Breitling SuperOcean

and Panerai 112

Gone but not forgotten. Ulysse Nardin Marine Diver and IWC Aquatimer Chrono.

[Reply]
s15driftking 09:06 PM 10-22-2009
diggin the IWC man!
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 09:51 PM 10-22-2009
I have always wanted a watch by IWC. They make some really sharp dress watches
[Reply]
Eleven 11:21 PM 10-22-2009
I dig watches but most of mine are old and don't work :-)

Only rolex I ever owned was an Air King, and I sold it for 300 bucks in the 80's cause I was a dumb kid.

I will get some pictures of mine and post em though...a couple of real cool oldies.
[Reply]
Parshooter 06:26 AM 10-23-2009
Originally Posted by wayner123:
OH MY!! :-):-)

TWO Daytona's!! That's nuts man.
Those are Folex's. My wife bought them for me, as a joke, on the mean streets of NYC. The silver one died and I keep the gold one incase I need some bling for a costume.
[Reply]
wayner123 06:41 AM 10-23-2009
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
Those are Folex's. My wife bought them for me, as a joke, on the mean streets of NYC. The silver one died and I keep the gold one incase I need some bling for a costume.
Oh... I kind of thought that, but wanted to give the benefit of the doubt. That blue subdial Daytona would easily be 30k if it was real.

Is the Omega Seamaster also a replica? That watch is a very nice. I had one at one time, but then went with the larger Planet Ocean.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:36 PM 10-23-2009
Not a big collector but this is my daily watch.

Omega Seamaster Automatic bought new in 2001. Only loses about 30 seconds a month and has yet to be opened up or serviced.
[Reply]
boom 11:27 PM 10-23-2009
Just got this for reaching 5yrs with my current employer, not to bad, and it fits...I usually have to get extra links....

[Reply]
str8edg 11:33 PM 10-23-2009
Originally Posted by boom:
Just got this for reaching 5yrs with my current employer, not to bad, and it fits...I usually have to get extra links....

I always have to get them removed... maybe we could work together!!

I love watches I have a few but nothing post worthy... give me some time!
[Reply]
streetglide 07:34 AM 10-24-2009
I've been wearing this watch for 4 years. Keeps good time. loses 2-3 seconds a day. The strap is just starting to tear at the clasp.
I have a few old pocket watches too. I'll try to put up pic's.

Image[/quote]
[Reply]
Wolfgang 10:44 AM 10-24-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
What it comes down to just like ISOMs is Trust your source.

thread jack - off :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 01:21 PM 10-24-2009
Just fell in love....

must resist!!
[Reply]
MikeyC 04:17 PM 10-24-2009
This is my everyday watch which I've been wearing for about 8 years now.

Breitling B1

Just got one of these last year as a wedding gift from my wife:

Breitling Montbrillant Legende

My grandfather always wore a Breitling and he was someone I had a lot of love for. Sadly he passed away many years ago and my older brother now wears his watch. To honor this wonderful man's memory in a small way I wear a Breitling everyday.
[Reply]
eber 02:40 PM 10-26-2009
heres mine:

[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:52 AM 10-27-2009
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
I have always wanted a watch by IWC.

IWC's are good watches. Ususally understated and no one is going to cut your hand off for one or ask if it's real. A watch for when someone wants a time piece, not a status symbol as no one outside of watch people would ever look twice at them.

I've had this watch since '98. Been serviced twice. The most recent service last year, I replaced the bearing on the swing mass. It some play want wasn't winding the watch correct. I also had the 15 minute indiactors, and hands done again with luminova. When the service was done, my watch was within a few seconds a day acurate in 5 positions. I have the ticker tape somewhere. Very impressive job my friend did on the service.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 99
« First < 456 781656 > Last »
Up