Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Leaving the country... CC question
xlc12rf 05:00 AM 09-15-2010
In about a month I am going to Paris for my Honeymoon. I have located a few shops I plan on stopping by. With that in mind, what are some 'definitive' CCs I need to try?

I will be purchasing a few, and smoking them at the Parisian cafes. I have no intention of smuggling any back.

Thanks in advance. My searches have not brought up a definitive list, and I feel overwhelmed!

Thanks!
[Reply]
Lumpold 05:21 AM 09-15-2010
That all depends on your tastes! Personally, I'd recommend:
Cuaba Divinos
Trinidad Fundadores and Reyes
Punch Punch
Partagas SdC#1
[Reply]
bigdix 05:24 AM 09-15-2010
You're bound to get a hundred answers here, of what I've had so far (which isn't too many) I like:
Bolivar PC and CE
Cohiba Siglo IV
Monte #4
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:27 AM 09-15-2010
See if you can buy an French Regional cigars. If you are at an outdoor cafe, you'll want to avoid churchills and double coronas. It would très magnifique to smoke a Quay d'Orsay in Paris, lol... Diplimaticos is also a big french brand for Habanos.
[Reply]
Big_Ern 05:33 AM 09-15-2010
Bolivar BBF
Trinidad Robusto T
Juan Lopez #2
San Cristobal de la Habana
"Murallas"
:-)
[Reply]
xlc12rf 05:41 AM 09-15-2010
Thanks for the help so far!

I'm still developing my tastes. I enjoyed the Oliva Serie V, Nub Habano, and Tat reserve that I've had, if that helps narrow down the endless choices!
[Reply]
HK3- 05:53 AM 09-15-2010
If I were you I would go for the Quai D'Orsay line. That line was developed to cater to the French taste and can be easily found in most B&Ms there.

Not an easily aquired brand elsewhere. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:07 AM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by xlc12rf:
Thanks for the help so far!

I'm still developing my tastes. I enjoyed the Oliva Serie V, Nub Habano, and Tat reserve that I've had, if that helps narrow down the endless choices!
Not really, you are talking apples and oranges when it comes to comparing nc to cc's.

I would ask the clerk what they think is smoking well right now and I also would look for the French Regionals. Try a Partagas 898 or H Upmann #2.

[Reply]
CigarNut 06:17 AM 09-15-2010
Try whatever you can find. It's difficult to say what CCs you will like based on your NC choices -- its like asking what kind of apple you might like based on your love of citrus fruit...
[Reply]
JDTexan 06:27 AM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Not really, you are talking apples and oranges when it comes to comparing nc to cc's.

I would ask the clerk what they think is smoking well right now and I also would look for the French Regionals. Try a Partagas 898 or H Upmann #2.

I agree 100%. Just ask the shop manager what he/she is smoking right now and you can never go wrong with a regional, except for the high price.
[Reply]
newlifetaxidermy 07:18 AM 09-15-2010
I will give you 5 lines that I would recommend that you try to get yourself a good across the board taste of CCs. I personally prefer thinner rg CCs, but I will give you a larger rg for each line as well.

1. Cohiba Siglo II or Robusto
2. Montecristo #2 or #4
3. Partagas Short or Serie D 4
4. Bolivar Petit Corona or Belicoso Fino
5. Punch Corona or Double Corona

Honorable mention: Trinidad Fundadores (excellent smoke, but pretty expensive in most foreign shops I've ever been into)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:12 AM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:

Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Try whatever you can find. It's difficult to say what CCs you will like based on your NC choices -- its like asking what kind of apple you might like based on your love of citrus fruit...
It must have taken me longer to compose my message than I thought because I did not see the first post...
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:16 AM 09-15-2010
everything...thats all I can suggest. We won't know until you know.
[Reply]
RustyShackleford 08:23 AM 09-15-2010
I am pretty new to the world of CC but a few I have been enjoying recently

1. Bolivar PC
2. trinidad colonials
3. Monty #4
4. Party short
5. San Cristobal de la Habana el principe
[Reply]
Garbandz 08:25 AM 09-15-2010
Smoke the smaller cigars available there. The smaller ones give you more flavor and you can try more brands in your time there and on your budget. Of course ask the merchant to recommend what is smoking well,and keep a journal so you can remember what you liked as well as where you smoked it and where it came from.
There will be a pop quiz when you come home.................
[Reply]
adampc22 08:29 AM 09-15-2010
i would say anything not 2 big mate cos u have to smoke out side and the weather wont be to hot in paris that time of year
[Reply]
Tank 09:00 AM 09-15-2010
Be prepared to pay through the nose in Paris.
[Reply]
Goldie 09:22 AM 09-15-2010
The only CC that I know well and always recommend is the Bolivar Gold Medal. My favorite.

Otherwise Bolivar Belicoso Finos and Petite CoronaSan
Cristobal La Punta
[Reply]
DBall 09:32 AM 09-15-2010
Bring your own. :-)
[Reply]
e-man67 09:34 AM 09-15-2010
The Bolivar Liberator is awesome and is a France regional..get one!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up