Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>I am floored...
dwoodward 06:06 PM 09-06-2010
I was playing some games of Bad Company 2 online on teamspeak with some guys, and someone asks another guy, "Say, did you get any new cigars lately?". The guy he was talking to responds that he just picked up a box of Padrons and Opus X's this weekend.

So of course I wanted to have a chat with the guy, so we started to do some cigar talk. He says he has around 700 cigars in his collection, so I asked if he had any pics of his humidor. He says "Pics of what?"...

So I tell him, his "humidor, the cabinet you keep your cigars in". And he says, that he just keeps his cigars in a dark corner in his basement. So I ask "How do you keep the humidity regulated?"

He responds "Oh, I don't bother with any of that humidity stuff."

..... :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:15 PM 09-06-2010
LOL... Never heard of that one... but to each his own!!!
[Reply]
bsmokin 06:18 PM 09-06-2010
I'd be willing to bet this guy was full of poop :-)

:-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 06:24 PM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by bsmokin:

[Reply]
dwoodward 06:30 PM 09-06-2010

God I hope so. I was shocked to hear a guy buying Opus X's. So I figured he might be a pretty good buddy to talk cigars with, now I am kind of wondering his legitimacy. I mean, who buys 20 dollar cigars and just throws them in a corner? :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 06:31 PM 09-06-2010

[Reply]
darkleeroy 07:41 PM 09-06-2010
I could see it being a possibility. I've seen vendors who don't care about humidity, likewise, I'd imagine there be people with money to spend who do the same thing.
[Reply]
Bax 07:51 PM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
I was playing some games of Bad Company 2 online on teamspeak with some guys, and someone asks another guy, "Say, did you get any new cigars lately?". The guy he was talking to responds that he just picked up a box of Padrons and Opus X's this weekend.

So of course I wanted to have a chat with the guy, so we started to do some cigar talk. He says he has around 700 cigars in his collection, so I asked if he had any pics of his humidor. He says "Pics of what?"...

So I tell him, his "humidor, the cabinet you keep your cigars in". And he says, that he just keeps his cigars in a dark corner in his basement. So I ask "How do you keep the humidity regulated?"

He responds "Oh, I don't bother with any of that humidity stuff."

..... :-)
That might be the right temp and humidity right there. Never know.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 07:56 PM 09-06-2010
I could imagine a basement providing a stable temperature and humidity of 50 or 60%. In a crowd where we discuss whether we prefer 65% or 66%, that sounds terrible. But, it might work.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 08:14 PM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
I could imagine a basement providing a stable temperature and humidity of 50 or 60%. In a crowd where we discuss whether we prefer 65% or 66%, that sounds terrible. But, it might work.
Agreed, depending on the area of the country...dark basement area...if clean, dry might not be a bad place to store your cigars. Even in Ky most months my basement keeps at 68F-70F and 55%-60% rh. I wouldn't blink an eye at my cigars being stored in those conditions. I'm not sure how NC would keep in those conditions but I would have little problem storing CCs in those conditions. Maybe not optimal but certainly not a crime against tobacco.
[Reply]
Bill86 08:30 PM 09-06-2010
700 cigars and not knowing what a humidor is...I call BS

LONG before I ever smoked cigs or cigars I still knew what a humidor was.

A box of Opus X's in the basement corner and not in a humidor...come on...

This guys full of it or just REALLY REALLY unaware....
[Reply]
JJG 08:36 PM 09-06-2010
The humidity in a basement might be ideal sure, but it makes me sad to know that a box of Opus X (or any premium), which so much time and effort went into to producing, could be purchased and ruined by some idiot who probably just told the tobacconist "gimme the most expensive thing ya got"

[Reply]
duckmanco 08:44 PM 09-06-2010
If he is telling the truth, then I'm sure he is less stressed than the rest of us concerning the humidity. And he'll if they smoke and taste right, who gives a sh*t. We've all heard stories about cubans leaving their cigars out on counters and lighting cigars with bics (the horror!).

U never know with people, either way of course.
[Reply]
loki 08:48 PM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by duckmanco:
If he is telling the truth, then I'm sure he is less stressed than the rest of us concerning the humidity. And he'll if they smoke and taste right, who gives a sh*t. We've all heard stories about cubans leaving their cigars out on counters and lighting cigars with bics (the horror!).

U never know with people, either way of course.
I had to use a bic on my honeymoon, wasn't any difference in taste that i could tell
[Reply]
Bill86 09:01 PM 09-06-2010
Indeed I've lit up with a bic before, never on any pricey sticks just standard $5-$7 sticks when I forgot my bugatti.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:11 PM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
I mean, who buys 20 dollar cigars and just throws them in a corner? :-)
Nobody puts Baby in the corner.
[Reply]
T.G 10:36 PM 09-06-2010
So, what's the big deal?

I keep all of my cigars in the vegetable crisper drawer of my refrigerator.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:38 PM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
So, what's the big deal?

I keep all of my cigars in the vegetable crisper drawer of my refrigerator.
That explains the celery you sent me in the Pif. :-)
[Reply]
Stinky 10:39 PM 09-06-2010
never mind all that . . . did you set-up a trade??? What happened to the rest of the online conversation?
[Reply]
T.G 10:41 PM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
That explains the celery you sent me in the Pif. :-)
I was wondering where that went. I knew I bought some, but couldn't find it.

Had to make chicken soup noodle without it. Ick, too many carrots. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up