Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>A simple observation
sikk50 08:22 AM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Your sauce is expired... better not eat that, you'll get salmonella.
Na that's the day he made it. I've got some he made the same day that hasn't killed me yet.

Adam if you drink all Mike's earthquake what's he going to drink to get the sight back in his right eye after smoking the crappy sticks you give him???
[Reply]
JohnE1000 09:54 AM 09-07-2010
I was being sucked into this pattern in the beginning, but I prevented myself from falling into it. I don't keep any cigars for a special occasions . Every moment is a special occasion for me, and I don't get sucked into the hype of new a limited release cigars unless I tried them, and I know I like them.
[Reply]
icantbejon 10:54 AM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Today, I have a few what I refer to as “occasion” cigars...All my other cigars are up for grabs whenever the moment moves me.
I'm with Vin on this, though my "occasion" cigars aren't nearly as meaningful as what he has. For example, I like to get my hands on 2 camacho liberties a year, and my wife and I smoke them on July 4th. I like getting my hands on the 2 Tat Monster series, and we smoke those on Halloween after the kids are in bed. I smoke all I get, but I do "collect" certain cigars for certain days.
[Reply]
area51 12:33 PM 09-07-2010
I see some of these humidors stacked with cigars and I can only think "I could never do that." I guess I have ADD when it comes to cigars I can't stock up just not my thing. Would I love to have a huge stock of thousands...maybe, but realistically I would probably just smoke through them all and call it a day. I guess every cigar I have is an occasion cigar as well as an everyday smoke.:-)
[Reply]
darkleeroy 01:10 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by area51:
I see some of these humidors stacked with cigars and I can only think "I could never do that." I guess I have ADD when it comes to cigars I can't stock up just not my thing. Would I love to have a huge stock of thousands...maybe, but realistically I would probably just smoke through them all and call it a day. I guess every cigar I have is an occasion cigar as well as an everyday smoke.:-)
The way they do it, is by buying more than you could ever possibly smoke, which means a couple of boxes every month for the average 1 cigar-a-day smoker.

Obviously, as a finance person, I'd suggest against doing so if the disposable income isn't present.
[Reply]
krevo 02:14 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
In general, people are here about a full three months before they make that particular post.
:-)
[Reply]
neoflex 02:42 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by area51:
It is also a a lot easier to do when your buying habits continue to stay regular but your schedule does not allow you the free time to smoke as much. This has been a big problem of mine as of late. I have just been working my azz off and at the same time getting the house ready for the baby and all the other things that come along with it so for me I have been buying more than I can smoke which most people would say, "Well buy less." This would work if deals wouldn't come up along with all the damn new releases as of late. For example, I planned on smoking my azz off this whole weekend since it was a holiday weekend and I knew we would have company in town for the shower so what better way to spend time with friends and family. I smoked one stinkin' cigar just because I was too busy running here there and everywhere so I didn;t get to do near the damage I thought I would.
Plus for me I know I will probably be forced into a buying hiatus once the baby arrives so I might as well stock up now. Not to mention I see you only have 4 posts so sit back, relax because it is a slippery slope. I too had your thought process once. That thinking is long gone now.:-) You'll see. Next year this time you too will probably have more cigars on hand than you could possibly smoke through quickly.:-):-)
[Reply]
Volcodom 03:13 PM 09-07-2010
I can identify with this even after only a year or so smoking cigars (maybe 4 months of aging). As I have a few romeo y julietta (dom.) that I just will not touch till they're ready. I have no earthly idea when that is but I can only imagine how long I'd let an opus X or LP flying pig sit before giving them a light.
[Reply]
pektel 03:18 PM 09-07-2010
I had an Opus X. It sat for a couple weeks maybe. Smoke em if ya got em! (assuming they aren't in the sick period.)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 03:28 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by pektel:
I had an Opus X. It sat for a couple weeks maybe. Smoke em if ya got em! (assuming they aren't in the sick period.)
I don't have a lot of Opus. I do have enough that if I smoke them everyday I'll either get sick, or sick of them. If I ate steak everyday it might get old. I have a bunch of steaks in the freezer right now but I had some awesome Ribeye on Sunday so I don't feel like steak. I feel like a burger so I want to go out and get a chuck ground fresh so I can cook some burgers. Just because I have a bunch of steaks doesn't mean all I want to do is eat steaks. I stocked up on a few here and there when I saw nice sales. Just because I have a decent amount of Opus doesn't mean I want to smoke one everyday. When I see them on sale, here and there, I pick some more up if I can so I don't run out. This is true for many of the sticks I buy.
[Reply]
pektel 03:32 PM 09-07-2010
Hmmm... that's not quite what I meant. I didn't mean to smoke them all the time. I meant I don't wait around if I feel like smoking one of the more expensive sticks. :-)

I hear ya on the steak. I too made awesome ribeyes on Sunday. Although tonight I'm thinking chicken something or other. Scored BOGO boneless/skinless chicken breasts at the grocery store, and gonna put them to good use :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 03:35 PM 09-07-2010
I hear ya on the steak. I too made awesome ribeyes on Sunday. Although tonight I'm thinking chicken something or other. Scored BOGO boneless/skinless chicken breasts at the grocery store, and gonna put them to good use :-)
Cordon bleu dude.:-)

One part of that ribeye on Sunday was like straight butter. Fantastic!
[Reply]
pektel 04:00 PM 09-07-2010
Never made it before. Thanks for the idea. I'll look up a recipe right now!

Ribeye is my favorite cut, though I only buy it when it's on sale. The last ones I bought were 7.99 a pound.
[Reply]
Chingas 05:54 PM 09-07-2010
Never made it before. Thanks for the idea. I'll look up a recipe right now!

Ribeye is my favorite cut, though I only buy it when it's on sale. The last ones I bought were 7.99 a pound.
I simply have to do it...

[Reply]
Virginia_Ghost 07:20 PM 09-07-2010
All of mine are fair game...'cept the Oliva blue silk...that will be done in when I have the perfect combination of time, environment, and mindset to sit and enjoy it... out on the deck on a balmy windless night, after the wife and kids have gone to bed...

Not necessarily a 'special occasion, just a time where I can appreciate the rare cigar- since it will likely be my last of that particular make and model.
[Reply]
pektel 08:10 AM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
I simply have to do it...

You want to see pics of me looking for a recipe?
[Reply]
Chingas 08:13 AM 09-08-2010
Where's the beef?
[Reply]
pektel 08:29 AM 09-08-2010
Probably my septic tank by now.

Funny thing is, they turned out so awesome, that I did almost take a couple pics.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:39 AM 09-08-2010
Banter peek.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
neoflex 08:44 AM 09-08-2010
Best Opus I ever had was three or more years old. I hate them fresh!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up