Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cabinet Arrangement?
bonjing 10:48 AM 05-28-2022
Probably a stupid question as long as I’ve been here :-), finally have a cabinet and I’m wondering is it safe to put boxes in front of the humidifier outlets? I have them as far forward away from the outlets, am I asking for mold on those boxes?
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:42 AM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by bonjing:
Sorry Manong I’ve been buying NC’s I don’t think I’m allowed there any more :-)

:-):-)

They are NCs ... who cares :-):-)
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 12:48 PM 05-28-2022
I’m assuming you mean a mechanical humidifier with a fan? If so, the air coming out is probably very high humidity. So, mold or no mold, the cigars close to the outlet will be more humid.

Have you got a little hygrometer? Put it in the spot you are wondering about and see what it says.
[Reply]
bonjing 01:44 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
They are NCs ... who cares :-):-)
:-)
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
I’m assuming you mean a mechanical humidifier with a fan? If so, the air coming out is probably very high humidity. So, mold or no mold, the cigars close to the outlet will be more humid.

Have you got a little hygrometer? Put it in the spot you are wondering about and see what it says.
Ah smart man

I do have a desktop fan inside, bottom shelf, to help circulate air. I run it on low for 6hrs every weekend.
[Reply]
bonjing 02:31 PM 05-28-2022
And if anyone is willing, share some pictures your cabinet set up.
[Reply]
Weelok 10:04 PM 05-28-2022

[Reply]
bonjing 03:25 PM 06-03-2022
Nice cabinet!

I guess if I ask for pictures I should post too :-)

Attached:
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 02:25 PM 06-04-2022
Honestly I just tend to cram things in. I pretty much use the FILO method. I'm not really 100% sure what's on the lower shelves anymore as I tend to smoke off the top shelf. And not the best photo but too lazy to get the good camera out. :-)

[Reply]
bonjing 01:29 PM 06-05-2022
How can I get a good picture off my phone? Some upload nice some just turn out crappy.
[Reply]
bonjing 01:34 PM 06-05-2022
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
Honestly I just tend to cram things in. I pretty much use the FILO method. I'm not really 100% sure what's on the lower shelves anymore as I tend to smoke off the top shelf. And not the best photo but too lazy to get the good camera out. :-)

Ha took me second to figure out FILO. You need to front-n-face some of your boxes too:-). I’m trying to make the cabinet as organized as possible even though there’s no windows to it. Just an ocd thing of mine but I’m almost to the point of f it. Alphabetical and by date.

Nice cabinet :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:34 AM 06-06-2022
Is that a big bag of weed on the top shelf Bill? :-) :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 01:44 PM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Is that a big bag of weed on the top shelf Bill? :-) :-)
Tragically no. Just a couple of bundles. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 07:48 AM 06-07-2022
Tragically no. Just a couple of bundles. :-)
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 03:47 PM 06-07-2022

That is one nice cabinet. What brand is that?

Thick cedar, looks well sealed.

Mine leaks like a sieve which meant I had to add magnetic door clamps and gasketing. I still need to fix the rear entry AC port and then probably the best I can do. Much better then shipped.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 01:49 PM 06-08-2022
Originally Posted by Weelok:
That is one nice cabinet. What brand is that?

Thick cedar, looks well sealed.

Mine leaks like a sieve which meant I had to add magnetic door clamps and gasketing. I still need to fix the rear entry AC port and then probably the best I can do. Much better then shipped.
It's an Aristocrat. I've had it for 14 years now and it's performed superbly. Bob truly built quality cabinets.
[Reply]
borndead1 08:05 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:

This. Also, you could put sealed boxes closest to the humidifier. Or put some type of barrier (a sheet of cedar from a box of CCs) against the sides of the humidifier to channel the humidified air a little bit.

Just some ideas. I got a cabinet earlier this year and it's been a learning experience for sure.
[Reply]
Up