Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>Cbid is down!!!!!!!!!!!
Starscream 09:11 PM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
You'll probably have to check your shipping preference Andy. You can either check once per week (Thursday only) or daily (Mon - Fri)...
I have it set for once a week. The reason I asked the question is that even though I hit quick buy, it still shows as an open bid (b/c it's one of 3 in that lot). The auction doesn't close until the 8th.
[Reply]
Chingas 11:56 PM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Question:
If I use the Buy it Now option at CBID, do I still have to wait until the auction closes before it is shipped?
The quick answer is YES. They don't ship until the auction is over even tho you already secured your purchase!:-)
[Reply]
Garbandz 09:23 AM 09-07-2010
I have noticed the Quick Buy does not affect the auction items offered.Sometimes you see more items sold on Quick Buy than the original auction.
The auction sites provide a chance to order smokes you might not be able to get locally,and sometimes a lower price.I still deal with my local shop to insure IT stays in business,because I enjoy getting together with friends and my local shop makes that possible.
On a few occasions I have gotten sticks from the auction sites that clearly should NOT have made it past Quality Control at the factory where they were made.I also feel the auction sites should have stopped them from going out.However, when I brought it to the attention of the sites they made good for them.
[Reply]
sevans105 09:32 AM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by Garbandz:
I have noticed the Quick Buy does not affect the auction items offered.Sometimes you see more items sold on Quick Buy than the original auction.
The auction sites provide a chance to order smokes you might not be able to get locally,and sometimes a lower price.I still deal with my local shop to insure IT stays in business,because I enjoy getting together with friends and my local shop makes that possible.
On a few occasions I have gotten sticks from the auction sites that clearly should NOT have made it past Quality Control at the factory where they were made.I also feel the auction sites should have stopped them from going out.However, when I brought it to the attention of the sites they made good for them.
I agree on this last point. I've had several cracked wrappers and one whole fiver that looked like it had been stepped on. However, when I called them and mentioned it, they immediately made good as well, even adding in a couple extras.
[Reply]
Starscream 01:18 PM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by Garbandz:
You can still find things using Quick Buy at a cheaper price than CI normally sells it for. I saved $10 bucks using Quick Buy at CBID rather than purchasing the same item at CI.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up