Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Drew Estate Liga Privada "Dirty Rat" & Unicos Line
neoflex 11:24 AM 08-28-2010
Called my local who carries Liga and they don't have any in stock yet but there is a DE event today so you can bet your sweet Azzes that I am blowing off the honey dos to see if I can score at least a couple Rats.
[Reply]
neoflex 02:57 PM 08-28-2010
Blahhhh, Went to the event and no Dirty Rats. Shipping was delayed so they didn't go out as planned but my local assured me that they would be in next week sometime. The Drew Estate rep was awesome to talk to though. Got to hear a lot about the Liga line and the history of DE. No rats but a great time nonetheless.
[Reply]
ckay 09:16 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
I have a Flying Pig and some T52's sitting in my humi waiting to be smoked. I've yet to smoke any of the LP lines, but from everything I've read I'm looking forward to those smokes. I've heard many good things about the Dirty Rat too, so it's nice to know that while made in small batches, both it and the Flying Pig will both be a regular release.

Don't take this comment wrong, I'm a self proclaimed Tat whore and it's fun getting the limited releases...but it is definitely frustrating when you like the cigar but no more will ever be made. I'm glad that's not the case here.
Just smoke them. They won't get any better with time. If anything, you'll lose the spice that makes these LPs what they are.

As far as Tats, I will never understand the infatuation with them other than the thrill of the hunt.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:28 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by ckay:
Just smoke them. They won't get any better with time.
That is highly subjective.

You might lose some spice but may gain complexity which many of us prefer to straight spice, or the spice may get even stronger. Part of the fun of our hobby is seeing how a particular cigar progresses over time.

:-)
[Reply]
neoflex 09:46 PM 08-29-2010
As I mentioned before my one of my locals had a DE event this past weekend. According to the rep the Liga 9s are going to be a little scarce for at least 6 to 8 months due to low yields of the wrapper due to cooler temps in the Connecticut Valley during the summer months the last couple of years so if you really enjoy the 9s and have access to them you may want to stock up. I know the T-52s have been kind of scarce lately and it seems the 9s are following suit although the T-52 inventories are supposed to be getting better in the upcoming weeks.
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 07:01 PM 08-30-2010
Thanks for the update John. Picked up a box of liga 9 robustos on the weekend as my B&M sold out of the T52s.
[Reply]
captain53 08:08 PM 08-30-2010
Looking forward to trying one, I sure like the #9's.:-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:00 PM 09-07-2010
Just got a call from Holts. They have the Dirty Rat's in. I should have mine by Friday.
[Reply]
darkleeroy 07:24 PM 09-07-2010
I bought a couple at the SE Fl herf last Saturday, it's got a bit of a twang to it like the T52's but with a lot more oomph for such a tiny cigar compared to it's cousins. Likewise, the taste is in between the no. 9 and the t52 in terms of dark, tastes like espresso.
[Reply]
Volcodom 11:01 PM 09-07-2010
In my list of top cigars Liga 9 is at the absolute top, having never tried T-52 I can only assume it's amazing, and so when I saw the dirty rat I actually began to drool.
[Reply]
whodeeni 03:45 PM 09-10-2010
I can't wait until i get my hands on some! I also heard that Jd will soon
release his long awaited JD4 which Walt (klipsch) wasn't too impressed
with...
[Reply]
klipsch 05:13 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
with...
Walt (klipsch) wasn't too impressed with the Dirty Rat with a $12 price tag on it either. Good stick, but for $12? Come on... :-) Maybe if Steve put them in a ceramic jar with a spiffy logo on it or something? Too many good sticks out there for less than $10...to pay $12 for a corona.
[Reply]
Brooks W 05:15 PM 09-10-2010
with...
As far as I know, the JD#4 is not going to be released until next year...the next major release will be the T-52 Flying Pig in Oct...

~brooks
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:20 PM 09-10-2010
I only paid $126/box, so $10/stick. Yea, I little pricey but I love corona sized cigars. Smoking one right now. Liking it so far.
[Reply]
whodeeni 07:25 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by Brooks W:
As far as I know, the JD#4 is not going to be released until next year...the next major release will be the T-52 Flying Pig in Oct...

~brooks
well maybe those are Pre-Releases Brooks!:-)
[Reply]
Brooks W 09:20 PM 09-10-2010
well maybe those are Pre-Releases Brooks!:-)
Wish I knew something about that! :-):-):-)

~brooks
[Reply]
klipsch 07:23 AM 09-11-2010
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I only paid $126/box, so $10/stick. Yea, I little pricey but I love corona sized cigars. Smoking one right now. Liking it so far.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up