Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 9
« First < 345 67 > Last »
General Discussion>Origin of User Names?
marge796 12:39 PM 06-03-2010
My last name is Margle=marge and the 796 is my old radio number I had when I was a cop.

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 04:08 PM 06-03-2010
It is pronounced I Be Cutie One. It was my old license plate. Kinda a dorky story that goes along with it but I won't bore you with the details.
[Reply]
safariguy 04:30 PM 06-03-2010
A few years ago when I started working for a hunting outfitter in South Africa people started calling me "that safari guy" when I went to trade shows and Duck Unlimited banquets and such. So I started using it for my email and usernames.
[Reply]
shilala 04:48 PM 06-03-2010
I just went with my last name, cause it's something you don't see every day.
It sounds like Shi - Lay- La. I've always enjoyed watching it get butchered. It even happened today. :-)
[Reply]
Powers 04:50 PM 06-03-2010
UFPowersmoker320

UF is were i am a proud alumni :-)

Powers is my last name

Smoker cause i enjoy cigars :-)

And march 20th is my birthday

:-)
[Reply]
G G 04:56 PM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
It sounds like Shi - Lay- La. I've always enjoyed watching it get butchered. It even happened today. :-)
Well I have to admit I had it wrong too.:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 04:59 PM 06-03-2010
Ogre was given to me during the fire academy. Never given a choice, but it could be worse.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 05:27 PM 06-03-2010
Major = opposite of Minor
Capt = Short for Captain
Silly = More fun than Serious

I really just like signing my posts MCS

MCS
[Reply]
longknocker 05:28 PM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
My username is my real name.

Pnoon is his first initial and last name.
Longknocker is.. well...:-)
Icehog3 is the team he plays for.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Peter, Greg, and Tom.

Cool idea for a thread.
:-) :-) "Actually" "longknocker" Was The Name Given To Me By An Old Golf Caddie When I "Used" To Hit The Ball A Long Way. I Do Have Big Hands & Feet, Though.:-)
[Reply]
1badhog07 05:58 PM 06-03-2010
i really couldnt come up with anything,so i just went with what i call my HARLEY..corny i know..
[Reply]
Diesel Kinevel 06:34 PM 06-03-2010
I like diesel trucks and I'm crazy.

-Z
[Reply]
catfish2 09:52 PM 06-03-2010
"Catfish" because I like to catfish. "2" because when I came over from the other site (which shall remain nameless), I wasn't here early enough to be the original one. I really wanted to work myself up to silver-back at the other site, but I never made it before I left.
[Reply]
Cyclone 10:24 PM 06-03-2010
My Ex-Wife ( the 2nd one ) called me Cyclone because of what my office looked like when I got busy on any computer projects.

I've had a variety of nick-names when I was younger that I never cared for...

This is only Nickname that I've liked...

Unfortunately, Cyclone is frequently already taken on forums so I'll use Cyclone1963 ( my birth year ) in those cases.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:26 PM 06-03-2010
Kel (my wife Kellie)
Mac (me)
07 (my favorite number)
[Reply]
shooter21489 10:29 PM 06-03-2010
Shooter is my nickname from Cross-Country in high school... the numbers are my birthdate.
[Reply]
akumushi 10:29 PM 06-03-2010
Akumushi is a portmanteau of the Japanese words for "evil" and "insect" and its origins lie in long and convoluted inside joke from the days of my high school Japanese class. As it is complete jibberish in a foreign language, I can always count on the username being available.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:30 PM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by IBQTEE1:
It is pronounced I Be Cutie One. It was my old license plate. Kinda a dorky story that goes along with it but I won't bore you with the details.
Please do bore us with the details! :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:46 AM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
they even used your last name in the Dutch entry for the Eurovision song contest this year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aARo...eature=related :-)
[Reply]
shilala 05:08 AM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by ggainey:
Well I have to admit I had it wrong too.:-)
It's gonna happen. I count on it, brother. :-)
In days past, people would just go ahead and butcher it and I'd correct them. Then, for a time, people would politely ask. Now it seems the trend is that folks try to trick me into saying it.
It's cute, really. :-)
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
they even used your last name in the Dutch entry for the Eurovision song contest this year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aARo...eature=related :-)
I made it 21 seconds in and had to kill myself, Don. :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 06:21 AM 06-04-2010
My original user name was FishForFREE because of my website FishForFREE.com

Others started calling me Triple F for short, so I put in a request for a name change and the rest is history.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Up