Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Be safe all brothers for IAN
Black Coral 06:45 PM 09-27-2022
Just stay safe and hope it all works out. Stay safe lite a cigar or pipe and watch the storm.

Just a thinking of our brothers in the storm path.

Be safe
[Reply]
markem 06:46 PM 09-27-2022
Ditto.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:14 PM 09-27-2022
Most definitely. I've been through a Cat 3, but it was a fast moving one. I don't envy those in Ian's slow-ass path. Please be prepared and be safe, brothers.
[Reply]
MitchellMcgarr 07:56 PM 09-27-2022
I’m expected to get tropical storm force winds and lots of rain. I’m definitely praying for the people who are 3 hours to the west in the Tampa area.
[Reply]
The Poet 08:49 PM 09-27-2022
Should just be heavy rain and gusty winds when it reaches me, but hoping others stay safe.

And FYI, just saw this report:

Ian hit a Cuba that has been struggling with an economic crisis and has faced frequent power outages in recent months. It made landfall as a Category 3 storm on the island’s western end, devastating Pinar del Río province, where much of the tobacco used for Cuba’s iconic cigars is grown.
[Reply]
shark 02:18 AM 09-28-2022
Looks like Bradenton to Naples are in its direct path:

[Reply]
shark 02:39 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Should just be heavy rain and gusty winds when it reaches me, but hoping others stay safe.

And FYI, just saw this report:

Ian hit a Cuba that has been struggling with an economic crisis and has faced frequent power outages in recent months. It made landfall as a Category 3 storm on the island’s western end, devastating Pinar del Río province, where much of the tobacco used for Cuba’s iconic cigars is grown.

In another wave of unfortunate news, Hurricane Ian made landfall early this morning in Pinar del Río, Cuba, tearing away homes and tobacco barns as it cut a path of destruction across the westernmost portion of the island. ⁠

“Estamos vivos”—we are alive—tobacco grower Hirochi Robaina told Cigar Aficionado this morning. He owns Cuba’s best-known tobacco farm, Cuchillas de Barbacoa, which suffered considerable damage to buildings and barns, with tractors flipped over, roofs shorn from buildings, trees stripped of foliage and tobacco tarps shredded by the winds. ⁠

And while Cigar Aficionado only had direct evidence of damage at the Robaina farm, it’s certain to not be the only example. Robaina’s land is in the middle of Cuba’s most important cigar tobacco region.⁠
[Reply]
G G 05:58 AM 09-28-2022
It's looking better for us than it did. We live about 35-40 miles west and little north of Jacksonville, a couple days ago most models predicted pretty much a pass right over us, then it started getting further east. Maybe 50 to 60is mph gusts and a bunch of rain. We have already had more than normal rain for the last month or two.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 06:45 AM 09-28-2022
Looking like by the time it crosses the state it will be a tropical storm. Fingers crossed.
Attached: 24BB5B5A-5C94-4AA7-BD28-4D5189A18852.jpg (9.1 KB) 
[Reply]
longknocker 06:54 AM 09-28-2022
Stay Safe, All! May Be OK In Atlanta Where We're Visiting Family. Mobile, Al Is, Hopefully, OK, Too!:-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:31 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Stay Safe, All! May Be OK In Atlanta Where We're Visiting Family. Mobile, Al Is, Hopefully, OK, Too!:-)
I'm about sixty miles west of Mobile and it's cool and dry with a bit of wind. It's beautiful here.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:36 AM 09-28-2022
Thinking about all our Inmates in Ian's path. Hoping the storm is merciful and you all stay safe.

Regarding Cuba, I read through another source that Robaina's farm was completely destroyed. Not sure how to confirm that though.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 08:43 AM 09-28-2022
Stay Safe, All!
[Reply]
Brian D. 09:05 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Thinking about all our Inmates in Ian's path. Hoping the storm is merciful and you all stay safe.

Regarding Cuba, I read through another source that Robaina's farm was completely destroyed. Not sure how to confirm that though.
Just now saw some photos from there, posted by Robaina's grandson, I believe. They were on the phone of the downtown Cincinnati tobacco shop owner. Whole lot of damage!

I share your thoughts about our B/SOTLs in Florida.
[Reply]
shark 12:03 PM 09-28-2022
The eye goes from Englewood all the way down to Naples, that's like 60 miles across. 150+ MPH winds, making landfall around Sanibel
[Reply]
shark 12:09 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by Brian D.:
Just now saw some photos from there, posted by Robaina's grandson, I believe. They were on the phone of the downtown Cincinnati tobacco shop owner. Whole lot of damage!

I share your thoughts about our B/SOTLs in Florida.
I have family down in the Tampa Bay area, they all got out of there. I've been on Sanibel a number of times, I imagine it's gonna be a catastrophe there. 24 hours for this bast*rd to get over to the Atlantic.....
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 12:12 PM 09-28-2022
I hope all are safe and make it through this with no damage
[Reply]
physiognomy 01:12 PM 09-28-2022
Stay safe, everyone! Fingers crossed for all in Ian’s path.
[Reply]
G G 06:51 AM 09-29-2022
Obviously there are areas of Florida that are devastated, prayers for all affected. Here in NE Florida so far so good. We haven't really even gotten any rain to speak of yet. With the more easterly track passing by Jacksonville offshore we will be on the "good" side of it. The wind is maybe gusting to 30 mph occasionally and this morning all I see on our property so far is a bunch of Spanish Moss that's blown out of the live oaks. There are some reported trees down and power outages in our county but not here so far. Thankfully I have a whole home generator should the need arise.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:04 AM 09-29-2022
Luckily just wind and rain last night and tropical storm winds and rain for the ocean side today, nothing like the gulf side. Got lucky over here, hopefully only a few inches rain today and winds only maxing at 55-65 mph
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up