Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 24 of 29
« First < 14222324 2526 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>nice rums?
Steve 06:23 PM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by RGD.:
RUM ALERT

Depaz Blue Cane Rhum Agricole is apparently being discontinued! I haven't had any in a few years (although I do have a bottle on the shelf), but memory tells me that I did enjoy it.

Ron
Looks like you have about EVERY rum on your shelf...:-)
[Reply]
SNKBYT 08:44 AM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by steve:
BTW, does Alex (Snkbyt) or his rum guzzling dog Soffie know about that stash? For you sake I hope not!
we do now.......... Ron, when I come up that way next year we'll have to hook up :-)
[Reply]
RGD. 02:11 PM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by snkbyt:
we do now.......... Ron, when I come up that way next year we'll have to hook up :-)
No problem! You bring the sauce and I supply the rum!

Ron
[Reply]
SNKBYT 04:33 PM 12-08-2011
No problem! You bring the sauce and I supply the rum!

Ron
deal :-)
[Reply]
RGD. 11:06 PM 12-16-2011
I hope some of you took advantage of the Depaz Blue Cane Rhum Agricole I posted about. Got my bottles in.

This is some good stuff!

Ron

[Reply]
Nick 01:12 AM 12-17-2011
Hey RGD what do you think of the captain morgan private stock, I've been sipping on some and liking it quite a bit?
[Reply]
RGD. 07:11 AM 12-17-2011
Originally Posted by Nick:
Hey RGD what do you think of the captain morgan private stock, I've been sipping on some and liking it quite a bit?
Nothing wrong with Captain Morgan PS. I always keep a bottle on hand. I would also suggest that you try:

Brinley Gold Shipwreck
Bacardi Oakheart
Cruzan 9 (although might be close to regular Captain Morgan for some)

You know, my wife obviously could have any bottle on my shelves but will only, and I mean only drink Bacardi White. Which brings us to the point of - drink what you like and like what you drink. If you are new to Rum, Private Stock is not a bad starting place. Enjoy it!

Ron
[Reply]
shark 10:19 AM 12-17-2011
Probably already mentioned, but Zaya really impressed me. Went through a bottle of that in about a month earlier this year.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 11:15 AM 12-17-2011
Originally Posted by shark:
Probably already mentioned, but Zaya really impressed me. Went through a bottle of that in about a month earlier this year.
Oh yeah! I have a bottle and a third left. It isn't available to me in Bama. Have to load up on it when I'm in Florida. Last year's Christmas promotion had a nice pair of cordial type glasses in it. Wonder about this years?
[Reply]
BigCat 11:52 AM 12-17-2011
I picked up a bottle of Zaya and I have to say I'm not as impressed as I expected to be with the rave reviews it gets around here. It tasted like someone watered down some captain morgans and added some vanilla extract. Pyrat was way better (in my not-so-humble opinion).
[Reply]
Nick 12:29 PM 12-17-2011
Nothing wrong with Captain Morgan PS. I always keep a bottle on hand. I would also suggest that you try:

Brinley Gold Shipwreck
Bacardi Oakheart
Cruzan 9 (although might be close to regular Captain Morgan for some)

You know, my wife obviously could have any bottle on my shelves but will only, and I mean only drink Bacardi White. Which brings us to the point of - drink what you like and like what you drink. If you are new to Rum, Private Stock is not a bad starting place. Enjoy it!

Ron
Yah I'm fairly new to drinking rum straight, usually a whiskey or bourbon drinker but I have to say I could be converted.
[Reply]
RGD. 12:37 PM 12-17-2011
Originally Posted by BigCat:
I picked up a bottle of Zaya and I have to say I'm not as impressed as I expected to be with the rave reviews it gets around here. It tasted like someone watered down some captain morgans and added some vanilla extract. Pyrat was way better (in my not-so-humble opinion).
I think most "rave" reviews of Zaya are for the Guatemalan version and not the Trinidad of which you most likely had since the Guatemalan is no longer available. Although similar, the Trini version just isn't the same.

Ron
[Reply]
RGD. 12:46 PM 12-17-2011
Yah I'm fairly new to drinking rum straight, usually a whiskey or bourbon drinker but I have to say I could be converted.
And that's a good thing! Way back, and I mean way back, I use to be a mostly Bourbon drinker. But once I got started on the Rum it was pretty much no looking back. Not that I don't partake of other spirits - I just won't reach for them first.

Ron
[Reply]
Nick 08:34 PM 12-17-2011
Picked up some Rhum Barbancourt reserve special because of your post earlier. Even though it's not the same brand I wanted to try a cane sugar rum. I'm liking it it doesn't seem as sweet and mellow as the molasses based rums.
[Reply]
Nick 08:45 PM 12-17-2011
Just ordered two bottles of the Depaz blue cane rhum on your recomendation RGD.
[Reply]
RGD. 08:04 AM 12-18-2011
Picked up some Rhum Barbancourt reserve special because of your post earlier. Even though it's not the same brand I wanted to try a cane sugar rum. I'm liking it it doesn't seem as sweet and mellow as the molasses based rums.
Rhum Barbancourt is easily one of my favorites - especially the 15 year.

Just ordered two bottles of the Depaz blue cane rhum on your recomendation RGD.
Hope you like it! It will be different from what you have had so far. First it's made with blue cane sugar which is the most expensive sugar cane. And with it's designation - it has no artificial colors or flavors added. This is one of those Rhums that doesn't get a lot of press but should easily be on everyone's top shelf.

:-)

Ron
[Reply]
RGD. 08:08 AM 12-18-2011
Originally Posted by steve:
Looks like you have about EVERY rum on your shelf...:-)

No yet - :-)

Ron
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 11:14 AM 12-18-2011
I also love Rhum Barbancourt, but for me it's the 8yo that I favor!
[Reply]
Nick 12:58 PM 12-18-2011
Had a couple glasses of the barbancourt last night with a cube of ice, really digging it.
[Reply]
Wanger 07:45 AM 12-19-2011
I think most "rave" reviews of Zaya are for the Guatemalan version and not the Trinidad of which you most likely had since the Guatemalan is no longer available. Although similar, the Trini version just isn't the same.

Ron
Yup, though I have heard that the Trini version is still improving. Haven't had any recently, and have most of a bottle of Guat left. :-)

A friend who came through town from Canada Gave me a bottle of this:

It's not bad as a mixer at all. Haven't tried it straight yet, but might have a sip and see how it goes.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 29
« First < 14222324 2526 > Last »
Up