Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Sports>College Football 2015
dman4505 10:38 PM 11-22-2015
I feel for ya EJ
My Hawkeyes aren't getting much respect at all
Was watching Sports Center this morning and one analyst had both Michigan State and Oklahoma jumping them into the playoff race.

Don
[Reply]
The Poet 03:07 PM 12-04-2015
If my Tar Heels can beat #1 Clemson tomorrow, they have a shot at getting a BCS bid. However, they will need a tiny bit of help to do so. Here's how I see it.

Florida will have to beat Alabama, which is somewhat less likely than my boys beating the Tigers.

Southern Cal will have to beat Stanford, which is as sure a bet as UCLA beating Kentucky in basketball last night.

Iowa and Michigan State will have to get into a huge brawl, with both teams thus banned from post-season play.

Ohio State will have to get into a huge brawl with itself, thus injuring too many players to be able to field a team.

The NCAA will have to announce the results of a secret scandal investigation, and slap Oklahoma with immediate sanctions.

Notre Dame will need to announce that they have made enough money already this year, and remove themselves from Bowl considerations out of generous altruism.

And just to be safe, Texas will have to hook Baylor, for as any pollster knows one Big 12 team is worth at least two ACC ones.

I may have missed a point or two, but that about sums it up.

Hey, I like my odds. :-)
[Reply]
Tio Gato 06:00 PM 12-05-2015
'Bama beat my beloved Gators bad:-) The only thing left to say is

ROLL TIDE!:-)
[Reply]
The Poet 10:06 PM 12-05-2015
OK, looks like Tigers, Tide, Spartans, and I assume the idle Sooners. Should be interesting.

Congrats to them, and to all the disappointed also-rans like my Heels and Don's Hawkeyes. Sorry about Jeff's Gators, and as for you Irish . . . well, screw you greedy papists. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:24 PM 12-05-2015

LET's GO SPARTANS!:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:49 AM 12-06-2015
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:

ROLL TIDE!
Originally Posted by icehog3:

LET's GO SPARTANS!:-)
Thanks, Jeff, & Admiral, I Agree With Jeff!:-):-) Roll, Tide!!! Glad My 'Horns Beat Up On Baylor. Texas Had A Tough Season, But At Least They Beat OU & Baylor!
[Reply]
dman4505 02:38 PM 12-07-2015
Congrats to the Sparties, both defenses play exceptional until the last few minutes then the hawkeyes got tuckered out.

Guess I'll have to force myself to root for them in the playoffs

Don
[Reply]
The Poet 03:30 PM 12-07-2015
I will root for Clemson over the Sooners, not because I'm a Tiger fan but because an advance to the championship game means more money in the ACC coffers. And I will root for the Spartans because . . . well, because they are NOT Alabama. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 05:40 PM 12-07-2015
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I will root for Clemson over the Sooners, not because I'm a Tiger fan but because an advance to the championship game means more money in the ACC coffers. And I will root for the Spartans because . . . well, because they are NOT Alabama. :-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
The Poet 05:53 PM 12-07-2015
Originally Posted by longknocker:
:-):-):-)
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Tio Gato 12:32 PM 01-11-2016
Any predictions for tonight's title game? I don't care who wins, I just want to see a great game.
[Reply]
The Poet 12:38 PM 01-11-2016
I predict that, if Alabama wins, their fans will strut and crow that they are better than sliced bread. And I predict that, if the Tide loses, they will whine and cry that they were robbed by the refs. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 12:56 PM 01-11-2016
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
Any predictions for tonight's title game? I don't care who wins, I just want to see a great game.
I don't care who wins, I just want to see my numbers come up in the pool.
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:13 PM 01-11-2016
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I don't care who wins, I just want to see my numbers come up in the pool.
:-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 03:07 PM 01-11-2016
My Tigers will pull this out. Lots of reason they shouldn't, but GO TIGERS!!!!!!
[Reply]
E.J. 07:08 PM 01-11-2016
I'm pulling for them, Jamie! Good game so far!
[Reply]
jjirons69 06:35 AM 01-12-2016
Dang it! I guess second ain't so bad...
[Reply]
hotreds 09:31 AM 01-12-2016
If you had bet on Clemson you would have won- 7 or 6 point spread.
[Reply]
jjirons69 02:56 PM 01-12-2016
I did. Got 6.5. As an alum, still wanted that championship more. I was 12 when the 1st one came around. Watched it with my Dad. Had posters all over my room.
[Reply]
longknocker 03:15 PM 01-12-2016
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
I did. Got 6.5. As an alum, still wanted that championship more. I was 12 when the 1st one came around. Watched it with my Dad. Had posters all over my room.
Sorry, Brother! Clemson Played A Great Game! If That Onside Kick Hadn't Gone Our Way, We Would Have A Hard Time Beating You! Watson Is A Once In A Lifetime QB!:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up