Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 21 of 21
« First < 11192021
Sports>Tom Brady
shilala 04:11 PM 10-29-2015
James, I read that breakdown. Very cool. Thanks for that!!! :-)
My "conditions" comment wasn't very clear, but I was thinking about players he's had around him. Especially all those years with a sub-standard o-line.

I don't want to have a Brady/Manning debate, it's not the point.
I was just trying to back up Moses. Brady doesn't get his due.
It's mostly because everyone hates him and Belichick. They blame it on this and that, but I think it's probably because the Pats have stomped their team's hopes somewhere along the way.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 05:28 PM 10-29-2015
Kickoff is less then an hour away. TB 12 will have his hands full with this Dolphin pass rush. Pats are very very thin on the offensive line.
Let's get it on!!
[Reply]
Stephen 07:16 PM 10-29-2015
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Brady's had a bunch of nobodies as his receivers his entire career, with occasional exceptions of greatness such as Moss (for only three years), Gronk, Troy Brown, and Welker (who has only shined as a receiver with Brady as QB). He's made it work all the time with a revolving door of guys that were cut and signed off the wire and would probably be working at Planet Fitness if they had any other QB than Brady throwing to them.
Heck yeah, he's benefited from having the greatest coach ever; who wouldn't? But to have some of the guys he's had to throw to and still have the success he's had is NOT all on Belichek, not even close.

Your comment about Manning working in FAR less than perfect conditions his entire career is...well...puzzling. Manning benefited from playing most of his entire career in domes (Brady's stat's in domes are better than Mannings, BTW) and had consistent receivers, at least much more consistent than Brady, along with one of the greatest receiving RBs ever, Marshal Faulk. And as far as "tantrums", ANYONE can get frustrated and riled up. Remember, Manning gave us the wonderful Manning Face. :-)

Here's a nice comparison between Brady and Manning. Here's a summary if you don't want to read the whole thing (it is long): Brady is Manning's statistical equal despite playing his entire career outdoors with inferior talent; Brady puts up more points and wins more consistently than any QB in history; Brady typically beats Manning head to head even with inferior teams; and Brady doesn't crap the bed every year in the playoffs.
Not wanting to dive headlong into this debate, but Marshall Faulk? Really? Manning only played with Faulk Manning's rookie year before Faulk was traded to the Rams. Not even worth mentioning his name.

I have a good buddy that's an editor at FO that I could send your way that loves nothing more than to debate Brady vs. Manning. Him and I butt heads cause he thinks Rodgers is nothing more than a front runner. On second thought, eff him. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:58 PM 10-29-2015
Good point on Faulk; I thought they overlapped a few more years than that but I stand corrected.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 04:05 PM 04-25-2016
Tommy's suspension reinstated. My wife is gonna cry.
[Reply]
mhailey 04:52 PM 04-25-2016
The thread which will not die.

[Reply]
icehog3 05:45 PM 04-25-2016
Does anyone West of Massachusetts even care? :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 06:07 PM 04-25-2016
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Does anyone West of Massachusetts even care? :-)
There are some Jets fans in these parts who care. I don't know why, or why there are Jets fans. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:47 AM 04-26-2016
Originally Posted by The Poet:
There are some Jets fans in these parts who care. I don't know why, or why there are Jets fans. :-)
Masochists? :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 10:58 AM 04-26-2016
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Masochists? :-)
I lump the Jets, Mets, and Nets together as one team . . . the Nyets. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:59 AM 04-26-2016
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Dave128 12:30 PM 04-26-2016
:-)
[Reply]
Weelok 09:53 PM 04-26-2016
This thread will never die! It's how the NFL keeps in the news during the off season while we wait for draft picks.

Next up is Tim Tebo trying out for the Denver Broncos during Spring Training? News at 24/7-Sports.com
[Reply]
Page 21 of 21
« First < 11192021
Up