Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
General Discussion>Greatest Rock & Roll Song - Ever
larryinlc 06:39 PM 08-24-2009
Originally Posted by Scothew:
Make that 3 :-)

Peter Framptons - Do You Feel Like We Do.. can't believe it hasnt been brought up.
Maybe not the best, but my favorite live recording of all time.(Frampton Comes Alive) Good choice. You tube version not that version, but still good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rFYbMhcG8

Larry
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:58 PM 08-24-2009
No way I could ever pick just one...
[Reply]
TripleF 07:07 PM 08-24-2009
Live version of FREE BIRD !! :-)
[Reply]
CBI_2 07:38 PM 08-24-2009
Zepplin - Stairway to Heaven Great the way it starts slow like a ballad and then cranks at the back end.

Personal favorite from my ute. Kiss - Rock & Roll All Nite :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 07:59 AM 08-25-2009
There's a bunch of really good songs here. I think I'm going to make a playlist of them all on Rhapsody and down load it onto my Mp3 player. Thanks guys! :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 08:22 AM 08-25-2009
Showing Michigan some home-grown love.

Bob Seger-Travelin' Man

or

Grand Funk Railroad- Closer to Home
[Reply]
smokin5 09:45 AM 08-25-2009
I'm stretching the 'definition' a little, but I believe the absolute best song of all time is :

"Mustang Sally" :-)

Wilson Pickett's version rocks, but nearly everyone else who has covered it kicks it as well. I think I have 8 or more different versions by different artists, & I love each one. It is one song I never tire of hearing.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:24 AM 08-25-2009
Can't forget "Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress"
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:29 AM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
No way I could ever pick just one...
:-) I can't either
[Reply]
ratpack 10:32 AM 08-25-2009
No song all. It's Elvis!
[Reply]
SchizoFilly 10:35 AM 08-25-2009
This is not an easy question to answer, but here goes:

Joe Walsh- Life's Been Good (lyrically it personifies the rock & roll live fast, die young mentality, not one of my favorites but the definition of the lifestyle is in there)
Kiss- Rock & Roll All Night LIVE (and this only applies to the live version; I do not like any Kiss music but this is quite possibly the greatest live music spectacle I've ever witnessed)
Red Hot Chili Peppers- My Friends (just simple and beautiful)
Nine Inch Nails- Hurt (feel the pain and sorrow; Johnny Cash did a great cover of this also and the Cash video is hauntingly perfect)
Pink Floyd- Hey You (hey you, out there on the road always doing what you're told....hits way too close to home to ever get away from those lyrics)
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Simple Man (listen daily)

I know I'm in a different generation with some of these, but everyone has their reasons and the music that speaks to them. How could anyone ever pick just one? I'm up to 23 gigs of music and I still find more I like every day.

P.S. thanks for reminding me of The Allman Brothers.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 10:59 AM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by Silound:
Throughout my life, as long as I have listened to music, I've sought to find that one song that best fills the artistic and personal void that we all have. We all look for that feeling, but most of us never find it in one song, rather we find it encompassed in a series of songs, drawing strengths from each.

Personally, the closest I have ever come to filling that void has happened twice in my life. The first was when I sat one day and listened to the complete works of Led Zeppelin
I still remember the night we all sat around on my friends porch tripping on mushrooms and smoking something other than cigars. A mutual friend came over with the brand new Led Zep album. We put it on the turntable and proceeded to have our minds blown away.

[Reply]
beamish 11:05 AM 08-25-2009
the end....by the doors
ten years gone...by zeppelin

a few that come to mind
[Reply]
macpappy 11:28 AM 08-25-2009
Lot of good songs on here.
My only question is how many of them are pure rock and roll and how many are just a$$kicking rock?

I've always felt that there is a difference between the two.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 11:38 AM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by beamish:
ten years gone...by zeppelin
:-)

Good man! That's my fave Zep tune, right there.
[Reply]
BlackDog 11:53 AM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by smokin5:
"Mustang Sally" :-)

Wilson Pickett's version rocks, but nearly everyone else who has covered it kicks it as well. I think I have 8 or more different versions by different artists, & I love each one. It is one song I never tire of hearing.
I'm listening to a Buddy Guy version right now.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 12:14 PM 08-25-2009
My personal favorite LZ tune: When the Levee Breaks
[Reply]
shilala 12:20 PM 08-25-2009
I think I'd have to pick Hey, Hey, What Can I do - Zeppelin
[Reply]
Doctorossi 12:24 PM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by csbrewfisher:
My personal favorite LZ tune: When the Levee Breaks
Can't go wrong, there. Top 10 for sure!
[Reply]
BlackDog 12:25 PM 08-25-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I think I'd have to pick Hey, Hey, What Can I do - Zeppelin
Hey now. You're from western PA. You're supposed to vote for Donnie Iris' Ah Leah! or Tough World. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up