Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Greetings old friends!
nutcracker 06:34 PM 12-14-2022
I am remiss, and a crappy friend. I have excuses. You don’t want to hear them.

But thank you for your patience and good wishes, especially IceHog and Mark for nudging me to stop in. Mark caught me lurking on a pipe forum- and said “hey!, I know that guy!

So here’s what’s gone down in the old nutcracker suite:

1.) Covid caused massive destruction in my work environment and sent Canadian Healthcare into a tailspin that will take years to recover from. I’m now working my poor little tochas off trying to catch up on wait lists.

It then caused worldwide economic turmoil, aggravated by antivax &$#@&$ blockading the border and then some megalomaniac twat thousands of miles away invading a neighbouring country. The net effect was a dumpster fire in my retirement portfolio and the joyous prospect of being sentenced to several years more hard labour before I can retire.

2.) I stepped down as chairman of my group and signed over to a younger bloke.

3.) Both my sons got married, bought houses and all that jazz.

4.) I spent a sabbatical in Spain and walked the Camino de Santiago (Northern Route)

5.)Went on a diet, got fit and lost 43 lbs.

6.) Turned 60 and smoked a boatload of great cigars, including some aged beauties the generous AdamJoshua sent me some years ago.

7.) Bought some nice pipes, sold a few crappy ones

8.) Been back in the arena with a crowd of people, watching the Jets actually win a few games.

So aside from worldwide economic disaster, disease and pestilence, I personally am disgustingly well. Happy Christmas to all of you, I look forward to travelling down south again and hopefully meeting up with some of you.

P.S - the “secret Santa” nutcracker Johnathan sent be is out in its place of pride amongst the Christmas goodies.

Happy a Christmas all! Blessings to you and yours. Enjoy your smokes in good health!

Nutcracker.
[Reply]
The Poet 07:10 PM 12-14-2022
Welcome back, Neil. Hope the good times outweighed the bad, eh?
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:21 PM 12-14-2022
Welcome back!

God's blessings for a wonderful Christmas.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:51 PM 12-14-2022
Welcome back!
[Reply]
markem 08:57 PM 12-14-2022
Great to see you here, Neil. Vacationing with Back Coral and his Mom in Palm Springs, at the moment.

See ya at the other place!
[Reply]
Black Coral 09:07 PM 12-14-2022
Welcome back Neil!!! Glad your back at what a couple years of Covid and congrats on the kids
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 10:01 PM 12-14-2022
Always great to hear from you, Neil!
[Reply]
G G 04:09 AM 12-15-2022
Welcome back!!!!
[Reply]
nutcracker 05:41 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by markem:
Great to see you here, Neil. Vacationing with Back Coral and his Mom in Palm Springs, at the moment.

See ya at the other place!
Fantastic. She was always Santa and dropped off the nutcracker years ago. Hi to Johnathan!
[Reply]
longknocker 06:02 AM 12-15-2022
Welcome Back, Neil!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:34 AM 12-15-2022
So glad to hear from you Neil! Congrats on the good things like the new daughters in law, the weight loss, the trip to Spain and the resurging Jets. Hope the portfolio makes a rebound, and hope to see you around these parts more often!
[Reply]
Old Sailor 01:13 PM 12-15-2022
Welcome back, Neil!!
[Reply]
SNKBYT 02:48 PM 12-15-2022
welcome home, seems a few of us have been MIA for awhile and making the rounds again
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 06:42 PM 12-16-2022
Welcome back and glad things are ... well things! Congrats on the sons getting married and all of the above.

That's funny i was just looking for those particular cigars the other day! :-)

Don't be a stranger, or any stranger than you already are!
[Reply]
Axeman 07:15 PM 12-30-2022
Welcome back!
And I love seeing the names in this thread.
[Reply]
Up