Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 198 of 198
« First < 98148188196197198
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Weelok 10:29 PM 04-09-2024

Working on this bottle now. Incredibly sweet. Intense flavors of vanilla and caramel. So intense that for me it’s better with a some ice cubes.

I did go and get two more bottles on order so it gets my buy a bottle or two approval.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:02 AM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by Weelok:

Working on this bottle now. Incredibly sweet. Intense flavors of vanilla and caramel. So intense that for me it’s better with a some ice cubes.

I did go and get two more bottles on order so it gets my buy a bottle or two approval.
Dave, I approve......

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:49 AM 04-10-2024
Did a little hunting this morning, looking for the Bookers 24-01. Seems I may have missed out, but then my normal store hasn’t gotten any yet. Same for the ECBP A124. Did find, and buy, the Barrel Foundation.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:40 PM 04-10-2024
Haven't seen 24-01 around here yet either, Bob. I did grab an A124 at retail.

Curious to hear your thoughts on the Barrell Foundation.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:20 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Haven't seen 24-01 around here yet either, Bob. I did grab an A124 at retail.

Curious to hear your thoughts on the Barrell Foundation.
Cracked it about an hour ago. Neck pour, so take it for what that means. It’s pretty darn good. Very pleasant/strong nose. The standard vanilla/caramel on the palate, but there’s a taste of like a cherry cola mixed with a rock n rye. For ~$55, it’s worth picking up.

The same store had two bottles of the Thomas H Handy Sazerac Rye for $799/ea. Yeehaw!
[Reply]
Weelok 12:14 AM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Cracked it about an hour ago. Neck pour, so take it for what that means. It’s pretty darn good. Very pleasant/strong nose. The standard vanilla/caramel on the palate, but there’s a taste of like a cherry cola mixed with a rock n rye. For ~$55, it’s worth picking up.

The same store had two bottles of the Thomas H Handy Sazerac Rye for $799/ea. Yeehaw!
Whoa!!!!! Nice markup on that!!!! I got mine for $179. But the Bookers I’ve been buying are marked up I think anywhere from 50% - 100% over MSRP. And the last buy had an option for a tip. No comments on the tip or I would have said use 25% of your 100% markup for the tip.

The new normal around the West Coast.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 02:41 PM 04-13-2024
Took some beer over to give to my nieces husband. Some older CBS and a few others. Wasn’t expecting anything in return, but he gave me a bottle of Eagle Rare. :-)

Hit up a few stores out that way. Grabbed a store pick of FKNG Straight Bourbon. Looks like it’s 6 year old MGP high rye juice. The sample he gave me sold me on it. Very tasty.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:49 AM Yesterday
Sounds interesting, Bob!

QT bought me a pour of '23 GTS in Georgia this weekend. 135 proof of deliciousness.

Tried Garrison small batch later. Not good. Had the bartended turn it into a Manhattan so it didn't go totally to waste.

[Reply]
Weelok 07:00 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Sounds interesting, Bob!

QT bought me a pour of '23 GTS in Georgia this weekend. 135 proof of deliciousness.

Tried Garrison small batch later. Not good. Had the bartended turn it into a Manhattan so it didn't go totally to waste.

The Stagg looked excellent. Never had the Garrison. Probably avoid it now hah too much else to drink.

New arrivals.

[Reply]
Page 198 of 198
« First < 98148188196197198
Up