Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Troops Room>Thinking tonight...
RevSmoke 08:50 PM 03-31-2011
A U.S. military member is somewhere in the world tonight missing their family while you are safe at home. In the minute it takes you to read this, military members all over the world are not only saving lives, but also sacrificing their own life for your freedom. It's Military Appreciation Week.

I am not serving, nor have I served, in the military. I am though, deeply appreciative of those who have and are serving, for they have preserved my freedom to proclaim what I do as a Pastor.

Thanks for your service.

Give a shout if you are in the military, Have served in the Military, love a military member, or appreciate our troops...
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:52 PM 03-31-2011
:-)

Thank you to all who serve.
[Reply]
jesseboston81 08:56 PM 03-31-2011
Great post Reverend, and thanks for reminding us about those troops that are, unfortunately, all too easy to forget.

My heart and thoughts go out to all those who are sacrificing themselves for my freedoms tonight and every night. Thank you for your service. Rest assured that your sacrifice is appreciated.
[Reply]
Bill86 09:03 PM 03-31-2011
Great thread Rev, people often overlook the reason they enjoy even the simplest things in life. We owe a lot to the troops out there fighting to keep our families and loved ones safe.

This reminds me I'm going to see if Hugh needs more cigars for the troops.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:04 PM 03-31-2011
Sending out my thoughts, prayers and appreciation to all of our service members.

My best friend is at this moment in basic training for the Marines. I keep him in my thoughts and prayers often.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 10:12 PM 03-31-2011
:-) :-) :-) thank you to all who serve, have served, and who have made the ultimate sacrifice for this country :-) :-)
[Reply]
jmsremax 06:56 AM 04-01-2011
:-)Thank you to all that have served and are currently serving:-)

On thursday I got word my cousin made it through the Marines boot camp and he gradutes tomorrow!
[Reply]
TBone 08:06 AM 04-01-2011
Rev I appreciate you reminding us all of the sacrifice these men and women put on the line daily and yes I served proudly for 26 yrs...People do lose sight of the military other than in times of war or conflict and then they dislike us because of the job we're sent in to do...If it wasn't for our military we'd all be speaking German, Japanese, Spanish etc...
[Reply]
hotreds 08:18 AM 04-01-2011
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:45 AM 04-01-2011
Great post Todd!! Having served over 23+ years for Uncle Sugar I am very appreciative of the sacrifices that our young men & woman make every day in order to keep this great nation free. Also, many thanks to the wonderful troop supporters all over this world!! :-) X 21
[Reply]
BloodSpite 09:27 AM 04-01-2011
Hooah, Rev.
De oppresso liber
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 09:36 AM 04-01-2011
My oldest son is a LCpl in the USMC, serving at Camp Lejeune as an armorer and a rifle coach. Not directly in harms way, but serving our great country and helping prepare our warriors for the tasks ahead.

I'm very proud of my son, and think of him every day.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:43 AM 04-01-2011
God Bless our Troops. :-)
[Reply]
sparkboss 12:06 PM 04-08-2011
Very heart warming guys. We're proud to serve such great people, and such a magnificent nation! :-)
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 05:42 PM 05-25-2011
Thanks for the great thread and all the appreciation shown. Its nice to know that people still care. 5 1/2 years in the Air Force.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:43 PM 05-25-2011
Thanks For Serving & Protecting Us, My Brothers!:-):-)
[Reply]
G G 06:10 PM 05-25-2011
Truly our American Heroes are the best.:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:00 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever:
Thanks for the great thread and all the appreciation shown. Its nice to know that people still care. 5 1/2 years in the Air Force.
A good weekend to revive this thread.

Thanks for your service.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Up