Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Good Eats>Favorite Hot Sauces
Dave128 11:06 AM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by area51:
I recently picked up a bottle of this stuff. Very nice flavor with a pretty decent amount of heat.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 12:23 PM 02-10-2013
The old standby:

[Reply]
MACS 05:43 PM 02-10-2013
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Asian Sriracha :-)

Saw the thread and wondered how many posts I would have to wade through to see if somebody mentioned this... 5.

Thanks for not making me read a lot. LOL! This stuff rules.
[Reply]
jjefrey 04:11 PM 02-13-2013
Cholula not the hottest but has great flavor.
[Reply]
hudd 02:41 PM 03-13-2013
this thread is right up my alley. I know John Hard (CaJohn) and his stuff is all very good. His Oaxacan is the best tasting taco sauce I've ever had. Another go to sauce of mine is anything from Heartbreaking Dawns. Johnny and Nicole have really got a line of products to be proud of. I saw Butch T scorpions mentioned, I've met Butch T (Taylor) on a few occasions, very nice guy and a heck of a fried food cooker. My favorite wing sauce is Defcon sauces from New Jersey. Crazy heat to mild sauces. The wife and I go to fiery food festivals and have been exposed to quite a few sauces/salsas. I used to do reviews for Taste the Fear, I Love it Spicy and also Peppers and More, so I've sampled many types and heat levels. My go to sauce for oriental food is Thai Monkey. A nice spicey terriaki sauce with habanero peppers. There's usually 10-12 bottles in the fridge with about that many in my gotta try box. Got a few hundred in my collection, alot are autographed and special limited edition collectibles. Sorry for going on and on. Could've been longer.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:09 PM 03-13-2013

Mm Mmm Hot
[Reply]
pnoon 04:28 PM 03-13-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:

Mm Mmm Hot
mega hot
zero flavor
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 09:52 AM 05-10-2013
My favorite has to be Secret Aardvark Habanero

http://www.secretaardvark.com/

Not super cheap like tabasco but worth every penny.
[Reply]
STEVE S 10:20 AM 05-10-2013
I can't handle really hot stuff, so Snake Bites' sauce is good for me. :-)
[Reply]
Heavy_d 10:12 PM 07-10-2013
Another vote for sriracha here. I use it on pretty much everything. Also, I usually have a couple extra packs of the sweet chili sauce from McDonald's floating around. Conveniently packed single serving, and great on everything from scrambled eggs to cheap ramen.
[Reply]
MrClean 10:30 PM 07-10-2013
For pure heat and almost no flavor.....After Death Sauce is brutal. For good flavor and heat, I like Tabasco Chipotle or Franks extra hot. I like to think I'm an hot sauce aficionado, but I know I'm just an amateur, getting old sucks. :-)
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 10:35 PM 07-10-2013
Pretty boring:
Chipotle style food: Green Tobasco
Burger style food: Red Tobasco
Anything else: Franks Redhot
[Reply]
Dave128 08:48 AM 07-11-2013
Had some wings yesterday that were dubbed "too hot for human consumption" on the menu. They were about as mild as mild can get. I was very disappointed.
[Reply]
pektel 09:46 AM 07-11-2013
I have a few bottles in hand. Cholula, tapatio, and sriracha are the most used. I do like the unique flavor of tapatio, as it isn't vinegar based like the other 2.
[Reply]
Zane 12:05 PM 07-11-2013

My favorite hot sauce.
[Reply]
dijit 01:43 PM 07-11-2013
One of my favorites is Dat-L-Do pepper sauces and my all time favorites are Toad Sweat desert hot sauces, especially the key lime helps make a mean marinade for steaks on the grill and ice cream topping afterwards.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 02:00 PM 07-11-2013
Frank's is my normal, everyday hot sauce. Sriracha if I'm cooking Asian food. One of several different Nando's sauces if I'm grilling pork or chicken.
[Reply]
dijit 03:13 PM 07-11-2013
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Frank's is my normal, everyday hot sauce. Sriracha if I'm cooking Asian food. One of several different Nando's sauces if I'm grilling pork or chicken.
Sriracha is great for Asian/Oriental cooking. Never tried Nando's.
[Reply]
marktomblin57 05:30 PM 07-11-2013
Personally I believe that "Lousiana Hot Sauce" goes well on just about most things. Pork rings with this brand is a killer. H$ll it does not have to set your mouth aflame to be great. Plus it's available at all grocery stores.

:-)
[Reply]
RWhisenand 03:00 PM 07-12-2013
I went through a phase where I was trying all types of different hot sauces. I kind of settled on Melinda's Extra Hot Habanero sauce for Mexican food and most entrees, and good old Tabasco for eggs and most breakfast foods.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 456 7 >
Up