Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Nearly an Entire Box of Liga Privada 9 Ruined
Digs 08:51 PM 06-09-2012
Originally Posted by Partially Deaf:
Yes it was sealed when I got it. I received them about 3 weeks ago, but I didn't smoke them, and didn't look closely until last night. We will see if they make things right. The perils of ordering cigars when it's super busy at work and not having the time to check...
The funny thing is how many of us have sealed boxes in our humi's ? So obviously you would only discover the damage when you open them. I don't see any reason the retailer wouldnt take care of you, heck I am sure they see there fair share of sticks damaged in shipping just like yours .
[Reply]
neoflex 09:12 PM 06-10-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
I really don't think DE has any reason to be directly responsible for or loose revenue for a distributors mistake. Maybe they will persuade said distributor to fix the issue.
Good luck.
:-) Exactly, it's not their responsibility. All they can do is apply pressure to the vendor to make it right but your at a major disadvantage in the fact that you are now e-mailing with the complaint three weeks after your tracking number shows delivery so the vendor may be leery of doing anything about it and rightfully so as anything could have caused the damage three weeks in your possession. DE may even be reluctant to do anything for the same reason. I know life and work gets busy but if you have close to $500 worth of cigars showing up and when you open the box and notice less than stellar packing I would make the time to check each and every box closely.
I would be curious to see how it pans out for you and if the vendor does step up and replace it please give the vendor a big shout out as vendors tend to take more abuse than praise on message boards and if they do replace the boxes they deserve the positive rep. It sucks and I feel for you but it has been nearly a month.:-)
[Reply]
Partially Deaf 08:59 AM 06-11-2012
Well, thank goodness for reputable dealers. I'm getting the box of LP 9 replaced, and refunded on the FFP. They said they were going to ship it out today, and I can ship the damaged boxes back in the same box; they are sending a prepaid FedEx label.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:09 AM 06-11-2012
Good news, glad it worked out that way. :-)

I would suggest immediate inspection of future purchases, though.
[Reply]
Remo 09:19 AM 06-11-2012
Glad it worked out :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:21 AM 06-11-2012
Originally Posted by Partially Deaf:
Well, thank goodness for reputable dealers. I'm getting the box of LP 9 replaced, and refunded on the FFP. They said they were going to ship it out today, and I can ship the damaged boxes back in the same box; they are sending a prepaid FedEx label.
Good deal, that is a quality response :-)
[Reply]
shilala 09:23 AM 06-11-2012
Originally Posted by Digs:
The funny thing is how many of us have sealed boxes in our humi's ? So obviously you would only discover the damage when you open them. I don't see any reason the retailer wouldnt take care of you, heck I am sure they see there fair share of sticks damaged in shipping just like yours .
This is one of the reasons I don't have any sealed boxes in my humi. Another is mold. Then there's beetles. The list goes on.
I know guys transfer the "sealed collector's" thing over to cigars as if they're ball cards or action figures, but it doesn't belong here. It's SO important to check your smokes on arrival.

If Dan had found the problem when they arrived and made a call or emailed, any reasonable vendor has to assume it's their responsibility. It makes sense, and it should be a done deal. After 3 weeks, anything could have happened to the cigars under a customer's watch. I'm not by any means implying anything or singling out Dan, I certainly don't think Dan played any part in the damage of the cigars, and hesitate to bring up the point. I'm just talking about the vendor's point of view, and anyone honestly has to at least see the vendor's side in this type of situation.
A vendor will think that absolutely anything could have happened to those cigars in a 3 week lapse, even things that went unknown to an average customer. We know better, because we're totally anal about our cigars. Average consumers are not.
Honestly, things can happen. Something as simple as the wife walking by, knocking the box off a countertop, and sitting the box back on the counter. I've lived in a house full of kids for the last 150 years. Anything can happen to anything unbeknownst to me. Heck, 20 things could happen to those cigars in 3 weeks time were I not so careful to get them stowed away. (Again, I'm sure Dan did, but the vendor may not think so.)

I truly hope this works out in your favor, Dan. I'm pulling for you. It's going to take a huge leap of faith by the vendor for it to happen, and if they do make good, they should be applauded. I don't think most would.

At the very least, it brings up good opportunity for us all to learn from this mess. I know I'll be even more careful, I've gotten lazy over the years.
[Reply]
area51 09:28 AM 06-11-2012
Glad everything turned out well in the end.
[Reply]
neoflex 09:54 AM 06-11-2012
Glad to hear the vendor stepped up and made good on the damaged boxes. :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 11:18 AM 06-11-2012
Right on! Glad it got resolved
[Reply]
smitty81 11:24 AM 06-11-2012
I have noticed the same damage to cigars in some LP boxes I have seen at a B&M shop I frequently visit.
[Reply]
ironchefscott 11:36 AM 06-11-2012
glad it all got resolved...that is a rough thing to have happen to such nice smokes!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up