Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Absinthe Afternoon
Subvet642 02:31 PM 05-20-2012
What a wonderful day! Smokin' a bunch of awesome sticks, drinking a lovely bottle of Lucid Absinthe with the wife and listening to some excellent summertime tunes! Nothing gets better than this! :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 02:37 PM 05-20-2012
Amen brother!!! Enjoy.
[Reply]
EricF 02:39 PM 05-20-2012
Sounds awesome!!! :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 02:44 PM 05-20-2012
Originally Posted by Ogre:
Amen brother!!! Enjoy.
Originally Posted by EricF:
Sounds awesome!!! :-)
The only thing that could meke it better is to have you, my brothers, around me. Life is friggin' awesome!!
[Reply]
Yojimbo 08:01 PM 05-20-2012
It's hard to find a fellow lover of absinthe. Glad you enjoyed your day.
[Reply]
Steve 08:40 PM 05-20-2012
:-):-)
Gonna try some of that one of these days.
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 08:43 PM 05-20-2012
Originally Posted by Yojimbo:
It's hard to find a fellow lover of absinthe. Glad you enjoyed your day.
It sounds like you've had it once or twice, has it ever made you hallucinate(or whatever real absinthe is supposed to do)? If you don't mind me asking of course.
[Reply]
Bill86 08:48 PM 05-20-2012
I'll toss in my :-)

Nope no such luck. I've had several different Absinthe's and I got nothing but a wicked hangover and REALLY drunk.

I can't even smell Absinthe anymore....
[Reply]
fsjonsey 11:45 PM 05-20-2012
Absinthe's infamous hallucinogenic properties are probably more attributable to the fact that the average absinthe is anywhere from 120-160 proof, than the tiny amount of thujone the wormwood brings to the table.

I still love the way it tastes, though. There are some great absinthe cocktails out there as well.
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:02 AM 05-21-2012
It does sneak up on you, though! I don't think I'll be doing that again for a while.
[Reply]
andromalius 11:35 PM 05-23-2012
I enjoy cigars and I enjoy absinthe. I've never tried the two together though. I'll have to remedy that.

:-)
[Reply]
cobra03 12:21 AM 05-24-2012
Ive been wanting to try absinthe for a while now but there are no bars around here that serve it and its pretty pricey by the bottle. I have a hard time spending upwards of $60-$70 on a bottle im not sure im even going to like.
[Reply]
andromalius 12:39 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by cobra03:
Ive been wanting to try absinthe for a while now but there are no bars around here that serve it and its pretty pricey by the bottle. I have a hard time spending upwards of $60-$70 on a bottle im not sure im even going to like.

Try convincing a few friends to pitch in and buy a bottle together. That way you can all try it, but if anyone decides they don't like it you're not out too much cash.

Or just make friends with someone who already has a bottle and invite yourself over for a glass. :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:18 AM 05-24-2012
It is pricy, but lots cheaper than shipping it from France, now that it's legal.
[Reply]
cobra03 12:54 PM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by andromalius:
Try convincing a few friends to pitch in and buy a bottle together. That way you can all try it, but if anyone decides they don't like it you're not out too much cash.

Or just make friends with someone who already has a bottle and invite yourself over for a glass. :-)
lol wish i knew someone with a bottle. I tried to get some of my drinking buddies to go in on a bottle when it was first legalized and no one wanted to. i may have to try again.
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
It is pricy, but lots cheaper than shipping it from France, now that it's legal.
That is very true.
[Reply]
akumushi 12:56 PM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
This. It's nice to have a lot of great domestic absinthes available now. I've been getting back into it lately after a few years hiatus.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:59 PM 05-24-2012
Do you have an Absinthe fountain?
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:19 PM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Do you have an Absinthe fountain?
Why, yes I do, but it's not one of those nice reproductions or antiques, it's just one of those modern glass "Versinthe" ones.
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:22 PM 05-24-2012
lol wish i knew someone with a bottle. I tried to get some of my drinking buddies to go in on a bottle when it was first legalized and no one wanted to. i may have to try again.

That is very true.
It is something of an acquired taste. I know that in Europe they sell smaller bottles, but I haven't seen that here, yet.
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:30 PM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by akumushi:
This. It's nice to have a lot of great domestic absinthes available now. I've been getting back into it lately after a few years hiatus.
I've only had Kubler and Lucid since they lifted the ban. Everything else I like, that I've tried, isn't available here, yet. Lemercier Amer 72 is my favorite; three+ times the thujone of anything available here. It's too expensive now; shipping from France is a b!tch.

[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up