Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Smoking in Car Thread
maninblack 07:42 AM 05-12-2012
I smoke all the time in my Jeep Wrangler. She's my work vehicle anyways and isn't a show truck. Smells like an old whore but I love it. It's a lot easier when the top is off.
[Reply]
papichulo 12:06 PM 05-12-2012
I smoke in my 94 4runner when it is running. My son is changing the heads on it as I type.
[Reply]
RCS44 08:19 PM 05-12-2012
I smoke in my jeep all the time. Short trips or long trips, either way it doesn't matter. I always have the drivers side window cracked and passenger open too. Not my amenities so i don't worry about putting vents or anything else on. The windows do just fine.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 08:45 PM 05-12-2012
I smoke in my jeep all the time as well. The only time I don't is when I'm going to work, but always on the way home from work. Only the window down to vent a little and an ashtray on the center console. I like that my ride is stinky, it dissuades others from borrowing it.
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:24 PM 05-12-2012
One thing I forgot to say about smoking in the car: never leave stogies or ashes in the car... Get rid of them as soon as possible!
[Reply]
irratebass 11:49 AM 05-14-2012
I have smoked a few times in my car.....lot of maintenance on the stick for my preference (watching the ash, making sure it stays lit) Kind of of a hassle, but I am not opposed to trying again :-)
[Reply]
Islayphile 11:59 AM 05-14-2012
I smoke in my car every morning...if the smell gets too bad I spray some Gonesmoke in there and it gets rid of it quite well.

Keeping a small cup full of crushed coffee beans in the car also seems to help keep the smoke smell down.
[Reply]
czerbe 12:07 PM 05-14-2012
I smoke in my car and I just keep the windows open and spray from time to time and it seems to work pretty well, but I don't mind the day old smell to much
[Reply]
Crownedone 12:22 PM 05-14-2012
I have just started smoking in my truck on my recent trip back from NC. Not sure how I feel about it as of yet. It seemed to be just a bit distracting....I will try it again on some long trips in the near future.
[Reply]
Ciro 12:45 PM 05-14-2012
Unfortunately I only have the one car and it transports kids all over for soccer games. I smoked once on a long trip and will not do it again; even with all the products I used it took almost a month to get the smell out. The kids kept complaining about the smell.

Should have made them get out and walk. :-)
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 01:07 PM 05-14-2012
Never ever smoke in my car, but I also try to avoid eating in there too. She's too purdy to deserve that.

However, I did see an old lady next to me at the stoplight last night smoking a cigarette with her windows up and dog in the backseat. :-)
[Reply]
Islayphile 01:25 PM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by Ciro:
Unfortunately I only have the one car and it transports kids all over for soccer games. I smoked once on a long trip and will not do it again; even with all the products I used it took almost a month to get the smell out. The kids kept complaining about the smell.

Should have made them get out and walk. :-)
My ol' man would've told me to get out and get a job so I could buy my own damn car.

:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:28 PM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by Sonic04GT:
Never ever smoke in my car, but I also try to avoid eating in there too. She's too purdy to deserve that.
My truck is so purdy she DOES deserve that. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:09 PM 05-14-2012
In my car's owner's manual, the ashtray is called a "Cigar Ashtray" and is really flat like one would want for cigars. I haven't had a chance to smoke in it yet, but plan on smoking in it like every other car I have owned. In the end, if it's not all the time; they car does not smell of cigars.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:23 PM 05-14-2012
I do not smoke in my car. Unlike most of you, I drive a stick shift car and I don't have a hand free to hold the cigar all the time and I hate keeping a cigar between my lips. Secondly I want to give a cigar the attention it deserves and I can't do that while driving on the busy Dutch roads, I would not enjoy the cigar at all so I don't smoke.
[Reply]
lenguamor 03:14 PM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by Caymus:
Here are some things I do:
[list]
  • Turn vents to "vent" outside air, not recirculate
  • Only turn floorboard vents on with A/C, turn off dash vents.
  • Crack open passenger windshield to vent smoke (i can smell the cigar better this way as compared to opening driver's side, for whatever reason)
  • I bought a Xikar cup holder portable ash tray, but haven't used it much.
  • Febreeze works pretty well for freshening up the carpeted floors
  • It's the ashes that fall that make it smell the next day, not the smoke, so I try to clean up all the fallen ashes at the end of the day
  • Travel with 2 Cigar Caddies, but try not to leave them in the car when it's hot
  • Have bought more small cigars (5x38 or petite coronas) for short trips or running around town

What tips, advice, stories, pleasures or suggestions do you all have about smoking cigars in your car ?
All good tips.

I have an '89 300ZX which I've owned since '96; I've probably smoked close to a thousand cigars in it, and you couldn't tell that I smoked at all if you sat in it right now.
[Reply]
lenguamor 03:20 PM 05-14-2012
I think the most important key is to crack the windows; passenger's side works best, but if you have back windows crack them too.

Do that and the smoke doesn't stay in the car long enough to permeate anything. I ash out the window and toss the nub wherever I stop. Since it's all-leaf, unlike a cigarette which has that paper on it that would survive a nuclear winter, I usually just disintegrate it over foliage and let it go back to nature.
[Reply]
oooo35980 03:24 PM 05-14-2012
I smoke all the time in the car, especially on the interstate when the wife is driving. Open the sunroof and the smoke goes right up and out.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 03:25 PM 05-14-2012
I need the dash vents here, with summer coming up. Other than that, all good tips.

I left ashes in my Jeep, last time I did it. About a week with bakng soda in an old coke zero can, and it was all good.

Just got my Xikar portable ash can. That should help with the ash problem.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:21 PM 05-14-2012
Drove a moving truck up the East Coast once, and smoked like hell in it for two days straight! My car is a stick though, and I'm not the best multi-tasker!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up