Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
All Cigar Discussion>Mini-Monsters
Hem 11:08 PM 03-14-2012
Why would they push it back so far? It looked like they were just about ready to go?....
[Reply]
icehog3 11:43 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Tom's going to have a stroke.

You dicks!! :-)
[Reply]
Zeuceone 12:29 AM 03-15-2012
Can't wait..
[Reply]
icehog3 12:40 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
Can't wait..
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Guys, just got news in, these will not be coming out any time soon. They are pushing it to 2013. Sorry Tat lovers.
Apparently you have little choice. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 12:42 AM 03-15-2012
Started the hype a bit early I see :-)
[Reply]
Zeuceone 12:45 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Apparently you have little choice. :-)
:-) Now thats what you call limited. Taking it above and beyond i see.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:47 AM 03-15-2012
:-) Now thats what you call limited. Taking it above and beyond i see.
Build up the hype, musta took lessons from the NFL. :-)
[Reply]
Zeuceone 12:50 AM 03-15-2012
Build up the hype, musta took lessons from the NFL. :-)
I better hurry and pre pay a few of these, before they are all sold out..:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:50 AM 03-15-2012
I better hurry and pre pay a few of these, before they are all sold out..:-)
Too late! :-)
[Reply]
danreeve 07:21 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Hem:
Why would they push it back so far? It looked like they were just about ready to go?....
I think he was joking.

Dan
[Reply]
montecristo#2 09:16 AM 03-15-2012
I think Huy was trying to be funny. He did the same thing in another Tatuaje thread a while back. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:22 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by montecristo#2:
I think Huy was trying to be funny. He did the same thing in another Tatuaje thread a while back. :-)
Nope, now I just heard it has been moved further back to Halloween of 2013.

:-)
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 09:54 AM 03-15-2012
Pete is only selling "Futures" of these. Who knows when they will be released.
Preorder now before they are all gone!
[Reply]
thecatch83 05:16 PM 03-15-2012
Just got this email from NHC:

Last week I was fortunate enough to travel to Esteli again with Pete Johnson, Dan Reeve (www.cigarexplorer.com) and others.
First stop - Miami - where Janny Garcia met us for dinner and a tour of the new My Father Cigars offices in Miami. Moving from Calle Ocho last year, this new office facility is amazing. Much more storage, a rolling room like the one on 8th St., great office spaces and a visitor's lounge where Janny treated us to her new project, La Duena, which will be released officially at the trade show in August. Distributed by My Father Cigars, La Duena is a blend that Pete submitted for the project and it is absolutely on mark! Can't wait for this one. We were able to smoke a few other sizes in Esteli with the group. Everyone agreed. Winner.
On to Esteli the following day with the group. The Pan American Highway was closed for part of the trip from Managua to Esteli, so we had to take a fairly long detour around it. But we landed at the factory just before closing time and had a chance to relax a bit and Pete grabbed some smokes including a La Duena robusto and others.
During the trip we visited another new farm that Pepin is planting on as well as La Finca Estrella, which was just starting to harvest.
Over the course of the next 2 days, we were treated to some of the new sticks coming this year: Cojonu 2012 Sumatra and Reserva, La Duena, Avion 12 and the Little Monsters.
The Cojonu 2012 Sumatra and Reserva will first be seen in early April via a special "book" release, featuring 12 Sumatras and 12 Reservas in a beautiful "book box" that we saw being made in the box factory and packaged in the packaging room. 2012 book boxes are being released. Sumatra, Reserva and Natural will all be released in normal 25 count boxes at the trade show as well.

The Little Monsters are slated for a June release in 10 count boxes containing 2 of each of the 5 smaller versions of the Monster series, including this year's release, The Mummy. We were able to smoke 4 of them during the trip (all but the lil' drac) and across the board, everyone will be more than happy with this project! With a retail of $75 and many boxes being produced, this will be a release that everyone will be smoking and not just saving!

The Baby Face (below) was one of the standouts, although the Wolfie that we smoked during the full moon on the rooftop of Los Arcos was quite a memory as well. Frank Jr. was outstanding as well as Mini Mum, which after I found out the blend I stated "You should keep that under wraps" and much to everyone's dismay, repeated over and over for the next day. ;-)

Dan Reeve, Pete, his brother K.C. and I sat in the bar at Los Arcos and got to sample prototypes of the 2010 La Verite that Pete brought with him. This is going to be another exciting year for La Verite, but we probably won't see them until next January. Trust me, it will be worth the wait!
Maybe it was the full moon, or possibly the Surrogates Bone Crushers that I brought with me that I kept rotating through my smoking lineup while we were there, that started the discussions - but the overall consensus was that it was time to lift the veil about Surrogates.

Spoiler Alert: Read the NHC Blog unless you love simply smoking them and 'not' knowing where they came from!
[Reply]
kickerb 07:09 AM 06-01-2012
A couple of retailers have already started sending out pre-order information on these boxes. If you have a go to dealer, I'd give them a call.

I know there will be plenty boxes to go around, but just giving everyone a heads up.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:20 AM 06-01-2012
I put my pre-order in in 2004. :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 09:30 AM 06-01-2012
I put my pre-order in in 2004. :-)
I missed out on the 2004 pre-order. I was standing in line for 2017 Dark Lord Day tickets. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:36 AM 06-01-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
I missed out on the 2004 pre-order. I was standing in line for 2017 Dark Lord Day tickets. :-)
That's the problem! They sell 'em on-line! :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 09:51 AM 06-01-2012
That's the problem! They sell 'em on-line! :-)
Sure, NOW they do. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:23 AM 06-01-2012
I can skip the whole pre-order and everything, I hit the mother lode.
I was cleaning out the kid's sandbox and found dozens of baby monsters. I'm a bit concerned with the construction, a few had what looked like wads of hair protruding from the wrapper. Admittedly it was a little off-putting at first, but I just figured they were the baby wolfie's and it was for authenticitiy's sake. Genius!!! :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up