Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Would you:
Use this application? 61 64.89%
Purchase this application? 19 20.21%
Not care one way or the other? 28 29.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Any interest in a BlackBerry Cigar application?
NeuRon 05:45 PM 07-24-2010
i would be interested
[Reply]
JE3146 09:43 PM 07-24-2010
Originally Posted by Thrak:
too bad its 5.0 and up only... I know alot of people that still have curves (4.5os).. including me.
I'll check into it. I wasn't aware there was hardware limitations other than the Pearl (which... screen is too dang small anyway). If the API's I need run on 4.5, then I don't see why I can't deliver on it. :-)
[Reply]
RHNewfie 12:13 PM 07-29-2010
This ready yet :-) Just kidding! I have thought about doing this myself, now I won't have to!
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:26 PM 07-29-2010
Will we have the ability to keep inventory of our cigars? Like how many of each cigar we have?
[Reply]
JE3146 01:19 PM 07-31-2010
Originally Posted by RHNewfie:
This ready yet :-) Just kidding! I have thought about doing this myself, now I won't have to!
LOL.

It's taking a bit longer than I would have liked, but sadly I'm a bit of a perfectionist. There has been progress. I just stopped giving micro updates to my testers because I didn't want to annoy them :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 01:19 PM 07-31-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Will we have the ability to keep inventory of our cigars? Like how many of each cigar we have?
Yup :-)
[Reply]
RHNewfie 01:37 PM 07-31-2010
Oooh, testing!!

Say, will it be OTA install and updates?
[Reply]
JE3146 02:00 PM 07-31-2010
Originally Posted by RHNewfie:
Oooh, testing!!

Say, will it be OTA install and updates?
By testing, I merely meant components of the UI to see if the 'look' was a good thing to pursue :-) Bad choice of words ... it isn't 'that far' yet.

It will be OTA through the BB/Android Market. The website is merely for support and to host the database of cigars that can be updated.

The database itself will not need an involved update procedure. You simply will go to settings and click 'update database' (or something to that effect if I happen to change the current wordage), and it will update your cigar reference database. All new info will be downloaded to your phone, if there is an update available for it.

If there is a program update, that will go through the appropriate market.

Though the Android will come first of the two and that's because it's the easiest to code for. I'm gonna have to remake this thread eventually as it's a bit misleading to my current timeline. :-)
[Reply]
troutbreath 03:09 PM 07-31-2010
Me likey!

I use Ken's app on my iTouch, and LOVE it. But, I don't always have my ipod with me. By contrast, my Blackberry Storm is glued to me at all times. It would be GREAT to have something with the features mentioned on this thread. Barcode scanning . . . whew.
[Reply]
JE3146 07:17 PM 07-31-2010
Originally Posted by troutbreath:
Me likey!

I use Ken's app on my iTouch, and LOVE it. But, I don't always have my ipod with me. By contrast, my Blackberry Storm is glued to me at all times. It would be GREAT to have something with the features mentioned on this thread. Barcode scanning . . . whew.
Yea.... barcode scanning would be impossible for me to keep up with. I don't think I could do that one, nor do I have the resources out there to test such a thing. :-)
[Reply]
lawman 04:56 PM 08-12-2010
What's the status? The thread's been quiet since 7-31-10.
[Reply]
JE3146 09:43 PM 08-12-2010
Progress is happening, albeit slowly.

I'm programming by myself, and I'm a software design engineer during the day at work. Some days I just want to come home and do anything but stare at code. Other days I'm psyched to work on it.

It's a pretty complex project and I'm a bit of a perfectionist. :-)

I'll try to be better with updates though.
[Reply]
lawman 02:28 PM 08-13-2010
Hope I didn't sound like I was trying to rush you. Just curious. Thanks for the update.
[Reply]
Tripp 02:56 PM 08-13-2010
I don't know how I missed this thread for this long. I'm excited to see what you've come up with, Jordan.
[Reply]
JE3146 02:34 AM 08-14-2010
Originally Posted by lawman:
Hope I didn't sound like I was trying to rush you. Just curious. Thanks for the update.
Not at all :-) I just hope people understand that I created this thread at the very beginning of the app's life and that it will take a bit of time to create the thing in it's entirely. Even moreso now that I've expanded it to not only a review app, but also an inventory and reference app.

Though I was intentionally hoping to let this thread die for a bit to then create a dedicated development thread that highlighted both the Android and the BB app. :-) Since this one only highlights the BB.
[Reply]
DennisP 07:02 PM 08-15-2010
Since a Beaver is designing it I'm very interested. :-)
[Reply]
bvilchez 01:22 PM 09-24-2010
Any update?
[Reply]
CRIMPS 02:02 PM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Just to note this will be geared as a mobile app first, PC app possibly. :-)
Its my understanding that most of the PC Apps available currently are stale. I don't know this first hand. I would love to have an online database app. A mobile app that would work as a plugin would be great.

I run a lot. There are a few running database websites in which you can enter in all of your running log info. Of course, you can enter in the pertinent info directly within the Android mobile app that is available. So easy, even a caveman can do it! :-)
[Reply]
Evonnida 11:28 PM 09-24-2010
Any word on this? I would like an app for my BB Bold!
[Reply]
jjmitchem 08:06 AM 10-08-2010
I am definitely interested, my wife just got me a Blackberry Tour - my old cell died on the trip out here to the desert - so she upgraded me.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up