Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Coffee Discussion>The mystic of expresso
Mister Moo 09:26 AM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Depends how you like your roast. Espresso has no defined roast... ...Brasil and Guatamala are beans I love in my espresso blends, perhaps with no cracking in them? I do not like the smoky notes in espresso from a dark roast...
I'm with you. I never found a very dark roast of "x" beans made an espresso I pined for. I rarely take espresso blends beyond a darkness that shows a little bit of oil-spotting a few days post-roast. I know this is a matter of personal taste and some folks enjoy the dark/smokey side but after I lightened up my blends the flavors appealed to me much more.

A lot of commercial espresso blends seem very dark, oil-covered and overly invested with robusto to me. There being a lot of this doesn't necessarily make it better but it does reinforce a misconception that "espresso" means black, oily beans.
[Reply]
Mister Moo 09:32 AM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by Cigargal:
Okay okay okay, pm sent
Ha! Outbound!
If you can grind coffee to medium-fine and boil three ounces of water I think you may be amazed by an AeroPress. Can ya? Can ya? :-)

It is true the straight shot is espresso-like but much towards cold-processed concentrate - it is VERY smooth and without a bite. As the man said, a couple of AeroPress ounces topped with four or five ounces of hot water makes a lovely Americano.
[Reply]
slickster81 12:42 PM 10-14-2009
FWIW, Trader Joes has a French Roast that makes a damn fine 28 second espresso shot, fragrant, full bodied and awesome crema from my Briel San Remo. That's my Sunday morning espresso....for everyday, I find it hard to beat Cafe Bustelo as it is quite consistent in grind and roast. I went the route of roasting my own, but just don't have the time anymore...it becomes a zen like religion.
[Reply]
coolfrenz28 03:03 PM 10-14-2009
well for general knowledge only i will let u know that cofee is basically a variant or a mutant and it is also known as coffea arabica from where it originally started... the expresso is so powerful tht it would help in relaxing you in minutes... it is truly an energiser for me...
Enjoy!!!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up