Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
General Discussion>Girlfriends Dad..
colinb913 08:01 PM 06-21-2010
Apparently my girl friends dad thinks I disrespected him, sometime last night. I really dont know when or how, my girlfriend asked him and i asked him. He refuses to talk about it, let alone tell me how. Me and him were on pretty good standards before last night. Any ideas how to fix this? I have apologized many times over, and really am at a loss.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
G G 08:05 PM 06-21-2010
Not sure, but i would try to give him a little time to cool off and then maybe approach him again.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:11 PM 06-21-2010
No real way to fix it unless he lets her or you know what you did wrong.

I dated a girl when I was between high school and college whos Dad was allegedly a big wig in the Chicago mafia. He felt disrepected because I was Irish. :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 08:21 PM 06-21-2010
Not to make light of the situation, but something that happened to me once in Junior College....maybe he heard you bumping uglies with his daughter?
[Reply]
icehog3 08:23 PM 06-21-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Not to make light of the situation, but something that happened to me once in Junior College....maybe he heard you bumping uglies with his daughter?
Once?? Bummer, Andrew. :-)
[Reply]
colinb913 08:23 PM 06-21-2010
Nah, He didnt hear.
Icehog.. I am irish. x:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
pnoon 08:24 PM 06-21-2010
Originally Posted by colinb913:
Nah, He didnt hear.
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't be so sure of yourself.
You'd be surprised at how word travels and/or rumors start.
[Reply]
JaKaacH 08:27 PM 06-21-2010
Let him cool down for a few days, then maybe you can find out what you did.

Originally Posted by icehog3:
No real way to fix it unless he lets her or you know what you did wrong.

I dated a girl when I was between high school and college whos Dad was allegedly a big wig in the Chicago mafia. He felt disrepected because I was Irish. :-)
Reminds me of this Tom...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boO4RowROiw
[Reply]
E.J. 08:30 PM 06-21-2010
Apparently my girl friends dad thinks I disrespected him, sometime last night. I really dont know when or how, my girlfriend asked him and i asked him. He refuses to talk about it, let alone tell me how. Me and him were on pretty good standards before last night. Any ideas how to fix this? I have apologized many times over, and really am at a loss.
Posted via Mobile Device
If he is such a juvenile that he is giving the silent treatment and will not discuss what you did to offend him....:-)

I'd continue to be pleasant to him and go on about your lives.... When he decides to be an adult, discuss it and move forward....
[Reply]
colinb913 08:42 PM 06-21-2010
no as in. we havent bumped yet. so he hasnt heard.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
icehog3 08:48 PM 06-21-2010
Originally Posted by JaKaacH:
Reminds me of this Tom...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boO4RowROiw
:-) :-)

[Reply]
Brutus2600 08:49 PM 06-21-2010
Nah, He didnt hear.
Icehog.. I am irish. x:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
If this is a confirmation that you two are on "familiar" terms, there are plenty of things he could've found out that would've pissed him off. Heard it, found some used...items, if she told somebody maybe word got back to him.

(edit: disregard this...looks like you already addressed while I was typing my post)

However this sounds like something that happened in the evening when you were over and things got weird. If you've gone over the events of the night and can't figure it out, and he won't talk about it, take the advice of ggainey and let him cool off. If I've done something that I'm completely clueless about, my girlfriend will get pissed and needs a little time to cool off before she can talk about it otherwise she knows it'll blow up into a huge argument. If he's removing himself from the situation in this way and not talking to you about it, maybe he's just trying not to let the situation get out of hand before he talks to you about it.

I'm with E.J. to keep being pleasent to him, be nice and as respectful as you can be. If he eventually talks to you about it, great. If not, well you're the adult in the situation.

Good luck with the situation man :-)
[Reply]
AD720 08:50 PM 06-21-2010
Originally Posted by ggainey:
Not sure, but i would try to give him a little time to cool off and then maybe approach him again.
:-)

Be the bigger man. Kill him with kindness until he is ready to talk it out. Remember she is his little girl and you just are a punk kid trying to get into a) her pants and b) his liquor cabinet. :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 08:52 PM 06-21-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-) :-)

Funny I have almost the same picture as the background on my phone.

And sounds like we can check one possibility off the list.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:52 PM 06-21-2010
Not sure how involved you are but from your last post it doesn't sound like you have gotten too far and may not be that far involved yet. May be time to cut her loose. Only reason why I say this is because if the father or mother for that matter don't like you, it will be a struggle to make the relationship work. Most parents of girls I dated in the past loved me. Except this one girls mother who hated me basically because the mother was an out of her mind control freak who literally had no friends and her daughter basically was the only person she would get to hang out with. Needless to say once her daughter started spending most of her time with me rather than her I became public enemy number 1. The father and I got along great and even he told me his wife was a wicked b*tch. Well, the fact that the mother hated me made the relationship impossible and we ended up parting ways which in the end was a good thing since I eventually found out the hard way that the fruit didn't fall far from the tree and the daughter ended up turning into a total psycho stalker. So depending on how involved you are with this girl and if you can't rectify the problem with her dad it may be easier to cut her loose sooner rather than later. Also remember, when you marry a girl you marry her family too so if things suck now it will only get worse with marriage.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:52 PM 06-21-2010
Originally Posted by AD720:

Be the bigger man. Kill him with kindness until he is ready to talk it out. Remember she is his little girl and you just are a punk kid trying to get into a) her pants and b) his liquor cabinet. :-)
They often go hand in hand. :-)
[Reply]
colinb913 08:57 PM 06-21-2010
No man, I mean me and her have been friends for a while, but just started dating. Shes kinda wanting to take it slow so thats why we havent uhm.. banged. Haha.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
neoflex 09:08 PM 06-21-2010
Could always try offering him a peace pipe err I mean cigar.:-)
[Reply]
lostark374 01:21 AM 06-22-2010
Originally Posted by AD720:

Be the big man. Kill him or Beat him until he is ready to talk. Remember she is your little girl and your just trying to get into her pants . :-)

this is meant to be funny. please do not harm him and im sure your intentions are honest.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 02:23 AM 06-22-2010
Im more or less in the same situation with my Girlfriends mom. From what I understand she is just not ready to let "her little girl go yet" and is finding every excuse to give me the cold shoulder. You can dig at it all you want but to be brutally honest it only matters what your girlfriend thinks.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up