Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>innoApp on my laptop... Can't Delete It
MarkinAZ 10:37 AM 12-09-2014
This outrageous and vile app got its claws into my laptop yesterday, and I cannot eradicate it from my system.

It populates my GoogleChrome with ads, Cigar Asylum scrn with ads, throws video ads in the lower right hand corner of my scrn, places numerous advertising tabs on the browser, its simply an advertising virus as far as I'm concerned. Can't imagine this type of web application/program even being allowed to exist. Nonetheless...

I thought I'd deleted it using the "add/remove" program through the control panel, but nnnooooooooo.

I went into Windows through Programs and found the "innoApp" file and tried to delete it, but a windows box appeared stating "access denied." Even my virus protection program "Avast" cannot remove it.

So, if anyone of you with IT experience and experience with removing this effing piece of *hit program known as "innoApp", would you please give me some help? It would greatly be appreciated:-) Even PM me your Phone# if you think you need to walk me through it...

Btw, I know if I really get riled-up, that a laptop can make a good "frisbee":-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:49 AM 12-09-2014
innoapp doesn't ring a bell per-se, but a standard procedure to follow that works for many things is to try downloading and running rkill.exe from bleepingcomputer.com and then after it finishes running, update and run mbam (malwarebytes). If you restart the computer, make sure you run rkill before running mbam.

After that is all done, you can download ccleaner from priform and run a registry scan (run it twice actually. a few more will pop up the second time).

You can also follow rkill with spybot S&D, but be aware that it has the ability to do damage to your os if you get carried away.

If that doesn't work, get an iBrick and smash the computer into little pieces.
[Reply]
markem 11:08 AM 12-09-2014
I had a supposedly highly rated application for teaching do this to me recently. I had to reset to a system restore point twice to get it clean. Then I had to clean the registry, but fortunately, CCleaner has this tool built in.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:33 AM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
If that doesn't work, get an iBrick and smash the computer into little pieces...
...:-) Naaaaaaaa! I'm still holding out for frisbie potential:-)

Thanks for the above information Adam. It worked. Btw, that's an excellent web page you directed me to.

The rkill.exe didn't locate anything, but mbam did. In fact, I ran mbam twice as it was telling me via the little alert boxes that appear in the lower right hand corner of the scrn, that it had located a couple more issues that found its way back in, or maybe they were too stubborn to leave during mbam' first sweep of the hard drive.

Nonetheless, I remove GoogleChrome from my system thereafter, and reinstalled FireFox once again, and everything is running smoothly once again.

Thanks again my friend:-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 02:26 PM 12-10-2014
+1 for the humans
[Reply]
tsolomon 11:28 AM 12-11-2014
Didn't know about rkill.exe and I'm an IT guy, but I'm always happy to add another tool to the toolbox. Ran everything in the order you suggested and things are working much faster. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:21 PM 12-11-2014
If you guys would stop watching all that p-o-r-n on your computers then you would not have these problems! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Up