Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>How many days...........
Lucky_Hippo 11:13 AM 02-03-2010
Smoking cigars is one of my all time favorite things to do and I try to smoke as often as time will permit. During cold months its around 3 or 4 sticks a week with several days in-between. During the warm months its more like 4 - 7 depending on time restraints. I smoke when I feel like a cigar and refrain when I don't. Unless you are really concerned with the long term effects of smoking I don't see the point in placing self purposed smoking bans on your own enjoyment.

I don't know. I guess I just think that people who eat healthy, exercise, and do everything "right" still get hit by buses.

Enjoy your time here. It's short for everyone.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
kugie 11:16 AM 02-03-2010
Since My Ride from work to home is about an hour, I have about one a day during the ride home in the cold weather.
I much perfer the warmer weather when i can sit outside on the deck and smoke.
[Reply]
TheStatsGuy 11:58 AM 02-03-2010
I smoke 1 or 2 every Tuesday and Thursday during the winter and a few more over the course of the weekends.

During the summer I smoke 1 or more per day. It's easier to smoke daily when you don't have to worry about freezing your #*&^ off.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:16 PM 02-03-2010
OK,
All this talk has me craving one.
Off the to patio with a PSD4 I go.
[Reply]
rizzle 12:47 PM 02-03-2010
I'm a weekend smoker, for the most part. Every now and then I'll sneak one or two in during the week.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:52 PM 02-03-2010
The winter months slow my smoking down quite a bit. I try to get a cigar in once a week during winter. Winter is when most of my cigars get some extra age on them which is a plus.
[Reply]
ucla695 12:55 PM 02-03-2010
Originally Posted by rizzle:
I'm a weekend smoker, for the most part. Every now and then I'll sneak one or two in during the week.
I'm a weekend warrior too. I go weeks at a time without one, but I find myself really wanting one when that streak approaches a month.
[Reply]
rack04 12:57 PM 02-03-2010
I've gone several weeks without. Either due to illness or just lack of time. Currently, I've been without a cigar for 1 week.
[Reply]
druturn 01:25 PM 02-03-2010
During school I typically head to the local B&M with a buddy once or twice a week in between classes. When I am out on break it is usually once every few weeks or once a week if my buddys are up to it. However, the cigars will be flying out of my humidor faster than I can put them in during next football season in the new mancave of my future house.
[Reply]
cigardan 01:31 PM 02-03-2010
I usually smoke just about every day. Sometimes I take off 1 day a week. But I give it up every year (since about '93) for Lent--that's about 6 weeks.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:39 PM 02-03-2010
When I am healthy, I rarely go 3 days without a cigar.
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:52 PM 02-03-2010
I've gone without cigars a number of times for up to two weeks. This is not really by choice but usually dictated by circumstance (e.g., travelling or when I have a head cold).

Usually I have 2-3 cigars a day week days and 4-5 on weekends...

I do find that if I am uptight or stressed out that a cigar really helps me settle down. I don't think it has much to do with the actual cigar, but the fact that when I have a cigar it is "me time" -- I relax, maybe have a drink, etc. and I don't worry about work or the other mundane things in life...
[Reply]
bscottskangum 02:08 PM 02-03-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I do find that if I am uptight or stressed out that a cigar really helps me settle down. I don't think it has much to do with the actual cigar, but the fact that when I have a cigar it is "me time" -- I relax, maybe have a drink, etc. and I don't worry about work or the other mundane things in life...
I totally agree, I like to come home after work and burn a stick. After a hectic day having a cigar makes you slow down, empty your brain, and for me just truly relax.

It's 1 cigar a day for me, it's like my daily vitamin
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 02:39 PM 02-03-2010
I could go months if I want, I never feel the need to smoke. I probably go about a month at a time during the winter.
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 02:58 PM 02-03-2010
My longest stretch in the last 9 years was earlier this summer when I had a lot of dental reconstruction work done....21 days...now, its not a huge feat...but when you work in a cigar shop and are around people smoking all day long...it became a massive exercise in willpower too not smoke....
[Reply]
hotreds 03:16 PM 02-03-2010
As long as I have to. I've been visiting my folks recently because my Mom is hurt(broke her ankle) and have gone close to a week without lighting up. I don't enjoy it, but I don't get sweaty and shaky if I don't smoke. Breaking the ice is especially sweet as well!
[Reply]
The EVP 03:33 PM 02-03-2010
I've gone about 6 weeks without a cigar at some points. I smoke less in the winter because of the weather and have to go to the lounge if I want one (I don't smoke in my house out of respect for my wife). During the summer, I'll smoke probably 4 nights a week plus what I have at the lounge on Saturday.
[Reply]
maninblack 03:46 PM 02-03-2010
Since I live here in the Midwest, winter really cuts into my cigar time. In winter, I usually indulge on the way to work or while sitting in the hot tub. I avg. 2-3 a week but I've really been stocking up for the summer. Can't wait for 70 degrees to be here!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 04:05 PM 02-03-2010
I could go weeks, but I don't want to. I have had a lot of spare time lately so I have been getting in some quality smoking time. 4 or 5 a week. Usually it's only one on the weekend, if I can find the time.
[Reply]
Goldie 10:42 PM 02-03-2010
During the cold months I may smoke a few cigars in the whole month, but when it's warm out, and I can sit on my patio, I will have a few a week. Unfortunately we don't have a garage, so my smoking space it very limited.

I get in smoking funks, for lack of a better term. Some weeks I won't even think about smoking a cigar, but others I want one every night after dinner. It seems like the non-smoking weeks are when school is really busy, and I actually have to study. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up