Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Tat Cojonu 2003 Vs. Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970 Robusto
Trouble 08:10 PM 02-09-2010
I have been smoking one cigar a night for the last 2 months. Far from having a sophisticated palate. I have smoked many different brands and like Padron Anniversary series the most so far. I did not want to like Tatuaje because of all of the hype but gave in and tried one the other night and it was the most distinct out of all the gars I have tried. I described it as having a sweetness to it in another thread but someone replied they never heard it described that way. I taste a sweet milk chocolate flavor. Surprisingly I have read quite a few negative reviews online. I really enjoyed the flavor and was amazed how different it was than anything else I have smoked. I smoked it a few days ago and have been craving one since.

I just finished a Joya De Nicaragua Antono 1970 and found it to have a hint of the same distinct flavor. It was not as pronounced but still definitely the unique flavor I found in the Tat. This is another cigar that really stood out for me. It was real smooth and did not have the bitter after taste I have been experiencing in most other cigars I have tried.

Just an FYI... I have tried some other good cigars such as Oliva G, Punch, Comacho, Don Pepin, RP Decade, Padron etc. Other than the Padron nothing has blown me away like the Tat and the Antono.

Are my taste buds way off or did anyone else notice the flavor I am talking about in these two cigars?
[Reply]
tuxpuff 08:44 PM 02-09-2010
I can't speak specifically to the flavors...but both are very tasty. The Tat, JdN, and Padron Anniversaries are all Nicaraguan puros.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:45 PM 02-09-2010
Taste is subjective and a lot of different factors can play a roll in what you taste in a cigar ie; mood, what you ate prior to smoking, your paired drink etc. So if you seem to be the only one who picks out these nuances in these cigars do not feel like you palette is off. Everyone is different which is why some love Oliva cigars or Pepin cigars while others hate em. (Just examples) What I love about a cigar may be what someone hates about a cigar. Some may pick out leather while others taste cocoa. Part of the fun of the hobby.
For what it's worth I enjoy all of the ones you mentioned.
[Reply]
Trouble 09:05 PM 02-09-2010
I thought the Tat tasted so different because it was my first smoke indoors and above 35 degrees. I was also drinking scotch when I normally drink nothing as I am walking my dog. The JdN had a similar taste and I was outside with no drink as usual. I guess I will just have to smoke a few more of each just to make sure!

I bought a bunch of samplers and I am enjoying smoking different gars every night. I am getting ready to buy my first few boxes. I am leaning toward a Tat Brown label and some 1964's. Have not decided if I will buy a cabinet yet or just get a cooler. I think cabinet. It is going to happen sooner or later. Might as well be sooner.
[Reply]
issues 09:11 PM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by Trouble:
I bought a bunch of samplers and I am enjoying smoking different gars every night. I am getting ready to buy my first few boxes. I am leaning toward a Tat Brown label and some 1964's. Have not decide if I will buy a cabinet yet or just get a cooler. I think cabinet. It is going to happen sooner or later. Might as well be sooner.
Not bad couple of choices! :-)

If you can find them, I would highly recommend the Joya De Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo. It is a VERY strong stick with amazing flavors to go along with it.

:-)
[Reply]
Trouble 09:41 PM 02-09-2010
Joya De Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo

Have not seen this yet. Sounds tasty. Have to put it on my list of 'things to do'.....

PS - Not sure why I never hear about Egars.com but they have a lot of great cigars at the best prices I have found. I am about to place an order and will let you know how it turns out.
[Reply]
JJG 10:02 PM 02-09-2010
I really like the Cojonu '09s, so I recently tried an '03 hoping they were similar. not bad, but no resemblance in flavor, at all.

try the 09's!!!
[Reply]
Up