Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 26
« First < 6141516 1718 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Waxing Moon Humidor Thread
N2 GOLD 12:50 PM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by WaxingMoon:
A little.... it looks great but very time consuming..... Can do if requested.
Looking real good... :-)
[Reply]
OLS 02:49 PM 03-22-2011
well, I figured it was time to get on the train before Ed gets too famous for his own good.
I thought HARD about getting the LSU edition, Purpleheart with a gold-er yellow wood for the
gold in Purple and Gold, but I thought maybe you don't tell an artist how to create his art. I told
Ed to make me a work of art, then on the phone basically told him how to do it, lol. I suck. I do
have to say though, that I think this is the time to strike on a Ed-idor. The pictures keep getting
better and better, and pretty soon he won't be able to answer the phone anymore. I want to get mine
done before he gets overwhelmed, if that's possible. And it always is. I have asked for a few things that
have less to do with Ed's art, and that is to have honduran mahogany as my preservative lining as
opposed to Spanish Cedar. I just like it better. I also could not stand it if there was no lacewood on there.
That stuff is just un-describable. And like I said, other than that, I said 'surprise me', lol. I had asked to
have him just make his art, and then he mentioned a wood I didn't like as much, and it all fell comically down,
my grand plan, haha. I say get em while you can, babys.
[Reply]
shane1 08:07 PM 03-22-2011
Amazing work.

shane
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 03:45 PM 03-26-2011
This post is a little off topic, but not really....

My good friend, Jerry Hewett, the fellow who does all of my laser engraving.... well, his wife passed away on Thursday and he asked me to make a cremation urn for two for her and him.. hopefully he won't be joining her soon....

This needed to be done and in his hands before this coming Thursday so it can be present for the memorial service.... Plus, Jerry plans on laser engraving a photograph image of his wife and himself on the lid.....

I burned a bit of midnight oil in order to get this done for my friend... but, I'm pleased at how it turned out....

It is made from some very old Cherry.... I'm told that it is about 100 years old, Cocobolo & Movungui on the lid.... Lined with Mahogony.....

And here's a picture of the bottom.....

[Reply]
Nathan King 04:16 PM 03-26-2011
It's beautiful. I'm sure he will cherish it for the rest of his life.
[Reply]
alexa071 04:40 PM 03-26-2011
Stunning... this is exactly why I chose to have you build me a custom humidor Ed. I spent some time perusing your website and saw the flag boxes you built for 9/11 victims and you clearly possess not just immense artistic abilities but also a huge heart. What an honor for your friend to choose you to build he and his wife's final resting place and what a great friend you are to take up that task and do it brilliantly.

Randy
[Reply]
longknocker 03:58 AM 03-27-2011
Awesome Gesture, Ed.:-)
[Reply]
Swif 12:28 PM 03-27-2011
:-)

Great job Ed.
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 08:23 AM 04-03-2011
Finished up a few.... and knee deep in a few more.... but, here's what rolled off the bench this weekend...

Walnut
320mm x 190mm x 82mm... lol (Going to New Zeland and that's how he gave the dims to me)....
120 Count

[Reply]
WaxingMoon 08:27 AM 04-03-2011
This is a sweet box....

Curly Maple & Cherry
10.25" x 8.75" x 6.5"
80 Count

[Reply]
WaxingMoon 08:31 AM 04-03-2011
This is a humi for a soldier currently in Afghanistan.....

Cherry & Gabon Ebony
18" x 13" x 8"
267 Count
I went with the coved lid detail so I didn't have to bevel off and throw away too much of that ebony!

[Reply]
WaxingMoon 08:34 AM 04-03-2011
....and Finally....

Old Growth Cherry (this cherry is over 100 years old)
20" x 12" x 8"
275 Count

The BOTL who this belongs is a photographer and that is his logo burned in to the lid...

[Reply]
Swif 11:56 AM 04-03-2011
Great job ED. keep em coming.
[Reply]
nick2021 01:02 PM 04-03-2011
man, I want a custom humidor but after getting an Aristocrat I don't think the "queen" will approve lol
[Reply]
alexa071 10:10 PM 04-03-2011
Those Humis are BEAUTIFUL! That ebony is so rich... just awesome. I'm a patient man... I really am. Still, I can't WAIT to start seeing my humidor come together! I know that each one of these that rolls off the line brings mine one step closer to reality. :-)

Great work Ed!

Randy
[Reply]
xxx_busa 04:10 PM 04-04-2011
Being a bit of a craftmen myself, I admire your skills and all the thought going into matching the different species.

I build custom HiEnd speakers for a hobby, always thought about building a few humidors.

these never make it past the WAF. explains why I single and 52............Image

[Reply]
Swif 06:21 PM 04-07-2011
Just seen a picture Ed sent to my wife of the Humidor he has built me.

Wow!!!!!! It is big!!!!!!

The picture looks to show the Humidor unfinished and only give the front view. I can not wait till it comes in.

Ed, post some pics here please!!!!!
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 06:45 PM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by Swif:
Ed, post some pics here please!!!!!
It is unfinished... that quilted is going to dazzle...trust me!

I sent the pic to your wife via phone camera... I don't have one that I can post. Perhaps I can get one tomorrow....

This one has an accessory drawer... a first for the Waxing Moon humidors.... and I am happy with the way it turned out...

Pics tomorrow..... (Hopefully)
[Reply]
emopunker2004 12:10 AM 04-08-2011
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 02:19 PM 04-08-2011
Here ya go, Swif!....as requested....

Book matched Quilted Maple & Walnut.... Size: Huge!

[Reply]
Page 16 of 26
« First < 6141516 1718 > Last »
Up