Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cheap smokes!!
bigdix 03:34 AM 08-20-2010
Now that I have your attention :-) I am looking for a cheaper "yard-smoke". It seems the average per-stick I smoke is in the range of 8 bucks or so. So I'm looking for something about 3.50 or so a stick, a tad more or less is fine. Also, nothing too huge, about a 50 min smoke, give or take. I like mostly fuller smokes and tend to lean towards LFD, any DPG product, Don Giolito stuff, Ashton, Oliva. Can't wait to hear some recommendations. If I were in the states I'd check out a few B&M's and talk to some folks and buy a few sticks here or there but it's just easier overseas to get some opinions and order more cigars to save on shipping. Thanks for the help!!! :-):-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:41 AM 08-20-2010
Diesel Unholy Cocktail. Box of 30 will set you back about 100 bucks at the major online shops. Benchmade robusto (made by DPG for Ashton) and Fumadores (made by DPG for Holts) come to mind too, both are mixed filler.
[Reply]
bigdix 03:53 AM 08-20-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Diesel Unholy Cocktail. Box of 30 will set you back about 100 bucks at the major online shops. Benchmade robusto (made by DPG for Ashton) and Fumadores (made by DPG for Holts) come to mind too, both are mixed filler.
Thanks for the input, this is what I was getting at, what are YOU all smoking for cheap and what should I check out, b/c I'm gonna probably just buy a box so that they stay "cheap". :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 04:01 AM 08-20-2010
I am smoking these sticks, love them all (check my blog for reviews on the Benchmade and Diesel, fumadores review will be online in about 8 hours).

Another nice cheap and short smoke is the Oliva G special G maduro, did a review on that one too, recently. And from what I've heard (haven't tried one yet, have a few in the humi though) Famous Nic must be a good and cheap smoke too.

I can also recommend www.vegassantiago.com great yardgars for the price. Free shipping from Costa Rica.
[Reply]
bigdix 04:04 AM 08-20-2010
Tons and tons of info, what's your source for the Benchmade?? (IF you don't mind, of course!) :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 04:06 AM 08-20-2010
Local shop in Amsterdam, The Netherlands :-)

I see that Jack Schwartz carries them too.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:19 AM 08-20-2010
Great Info, Ferdie!:-) I Love That Oliva Special G Maduro, Especially If You Can Rest It A Year. If You Can Find Any Tat P3's Around, They Are An Awesome Cheap Smoke!
[Reply]
Barcode 04:33 AM 08-20-2010
I bought a bunch of Pirate's Gold to pass out at my wedding next year. I got them cuz I don't think there will be too many people at the wedding that actually smoke cigars but they will try them on this day. I tried them and I liked them as something I could smoke everyday. :-)

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...irate’s%20Gold
[Reply]
bigdix 04:58 AM 08-20-2010
Thanks, Ferdinand! Greg, I'm checkin' those out too!
[Reply]
Dunkel 05:22 AM 08-20-2010
Diesel, La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte, CI Legends Red (Perdomo), and CI Legends Yellow (DPG). They can all be had for $2-2.50 a stick when you get a box from C bid.
[Reply]
jbuck 05:29 AM 08-20-2010
The 5 vegas gold maduro is one you might want to try, also Bahia maduro(red label) made by aj fernandez and his la herencia oscuro is one of the best buys around
[Reply]
bigliver 05:32 AM 08-20-2010
Wonder where this will lead Dan? I bet it starts with credit card and rhymes with waiting on the mailman.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
bigdix 05:49 AM 08-20-2010
Originally Posted by bigliver:
Wonder where this will lead Dan? I bet it starts with credit card and rhymes with waiting on the mailman.
Posted via Mobile Device
FAH-Q!! You know you want some of my Benchmades!! :-) I recommend you order a box o' cheapies too and we split both!! :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 06:07 AM 08-20-2010
If only we had a Cheap Smoke Thread. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:15 AM 08-20-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
If only we had a Cheap Smoke Thread. :-)
And if it were a sticky, it would be super-easy to find. :-)
[Reply]
bigdix 06:15 AM 08-20-2010
Ok, Fumadores :-)
[Reply]
bigdix 06:17 AM 08-20-2010
OF COURSE! I would miss the cheap smoke thread :-) Fuggin' noobs!!
[Reply]
Brad 10:18 AM 08-20-2010
Check out the Tabacos Baez SF. They are short filler sticks made by Pepin, dirt cheap and pretty good.
[Reply]
dwoodward 01:04 PM 08-20-2010
To be honest, most sampler packs online (and by most i mean 99%) drop prices on sticks to less than 3.50 each.

So in otherwords you can smoke great sticks anytime if that is your price range. Just check out the CI deal of the day, and go nuts when the Joe Jambalaya comes around.
[Reply]
GAW 01:22 PM 08-20-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
To be honest, most sampler packs online (and by most i mean 99%) drop prices on sticks to less than 3.50 each.

So in otherwords you can smoke great sticks anytime if that is your price range. Just check out the CI deal of the day, and go nuts when the Joe Jambalaya comes around.
:-) You nailed it!!
CI deals for sure - Padilla 1932,Dominus,Miami,DPG Blue JJ,EO 601,etc for3-3.50 per stick.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up