Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Weekend road trip
mjdx88 08:31 PM 11-22-2012
Hey guys I'm going down to Arlington VA this weekend. We are going down via 95 from NJ are there any good cigar shops/ outlets along the way? Like famous smoke or jr? Also any good cigar bars/ lounges in the arlington area? Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks,
Mike
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 08:55 PM 11-22-2012
JR are all in N Carolina. There's one right off I-95 in Selma. Bit out of your way, tho.
[Reply]
DaBear 06:34 AM 11-23-2012
Originally Posted by mjdx88:
Hey guys I'm going down to Arlington VA this weekend. We are going down via 95 from NJ are there any good cigar shops/ outlets along the way? Like famous smoke or jr? Also any good cigar bars/ lounges in the arlington area? Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks,
Mike
Look up Davidus, they have a pretty good selection. The Elicott City store had some LG Small Batch #3s still in stock when I went earlier this year(shortly after the #4s were released). I'd presume they have a fairly consistent selection for each store, so there should be on not too far off 95 for ya.
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 09:00 AM 11-23-2012
Davidus isn't too bad, just made my first visit there the other week. I little farther off the beaten path in MD is The Humidour: http://humidour.com/

Very nice shop, great selection.
[Reply]
hotreds 09:05 AM 11-23-2012
Bailey's in Ballston Mall in Arlington is where I herf with my NoVa friends when I visit my folks.
[Reply]
Scottw 05:57 PM 11-23-2012
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
JR are all in N Carolina. There's one right off I-95 in Selma. Bit out of your way, tho.
I've been to two JRs in NJ....just letting you know
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 06:46 PM 11-23-2012
Originally Posted by Scottw:
I've been to two JRs in NJ....just letting you know
You're right, of course. Actually, there's also a small B&M associated with JR here in St Louis. The big tourist traps and mail order operation are in NC.

If you never been to one of the NC locations, the walkin humidor is only a small part of the store. There's acres of discount towels, perfume, everything. Basically, the guys crowd into the cigar room while Mom and the kids spend all the money on the bargains.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 07:26 PM 11-23-2012
Old Virginia Tobacco Company. It's a chain of several shops, mostly in NoVa (Arlington, Manassas, Woodbridge, Falls Church), which I admit I cannot speak for personally, but if they're anything like the their shop in Richmond, it's full of good sticks and well-informed and friendly people.
[Reply]
mjdx88 08:56 PM 11-23-2012
Thanks for the input guys, I'll try to check out the Virginia co. I know there are two jr locations in Nj, I'm only about 20mins away from the wippanny location
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:20 AM 11-24-2012
Leesburg has a nice shop in old town.
[Reply]
Up