Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: 6x60RG Cigars - Are you a fan?
Yes, Ill take as many as I can get! 38 21.35%
Nope, they are just not for me... 140 78.65%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>6x60s - are you a fan?
Robulous78 08:16 PM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by Catfish:
That's never been a problem for me. 1: I only do a punch-worth's cut of the end and 2: The only time a cigar is near my mouth is when I'm drawing from it. I've never been one to have a stogie hanging from my craw.

I wonder if that's why some people have issues with them. I guess it's fairly easy to let a PC take up residence in your pie hole. I'd venture it's safe to say a super toro would be a little awkward.
I agree... they are a a lot to just keep hanging, but I enjoy chewing on them a bit which reduces the RG a bit... most that I have had are loosely packed so this poses no problem to the draw...
[Reply]
oooo35980 08:46 PM 10-30-2012
That's never been a problem for me. 1: I only do a punch-worth's cut of the end and 2: The only time a cigar is near my mouth is when I'm drawing from it. I've never been one to have a stogie hanging from my craw.

I wonder if that's why some people have issues with them. I guess it's fairly easy to let a PC take up residence in your pie hole. I'd venture it's safe to say a super toro would be a little awkward.
I've never thought about it that way, I never hold cigars in my mouth either. I haven't ever understood how anyone could have a problem smoking the bigger cigars. If you want to let it hang from your mouth though, I see how it could be a problem..
[Reply]
iaMkcK 01:58 AM 11-02-2012
Same with the above posters. I hold my cigar in my hand until draw time, and usually only place the cigar just inside of my lips.. Never really to the teeth or past the teeth. Feels awkward to have any sized stick residing in my mouth to where my tongue can touch it. What do I know though, right? I'm just a newb. :-D
[Reply]
milhouse 08:46 AM 11-04-2012
i normally look for corona or robusto smokes... but I do like the extreme sizes on occasion, from a lancero to a jaw breaker.

I do love the Liga FFP. :-)
[Reply]
mikebchipper 12:35 AM 11-10-2012
I prefer the 60 ring myself. Oliva V Double Toro is an amazing cigar, but to each their own, eh?
[Reply]
Shybearhouston 01:36 PM 11-13-2012
Originally Posted by mikebchipper:
I prefer the 60 ring myself. Oliva V Double Toro is an amazing cigar, but to each their own, eh?
+1 sir. I agree on the Oliva V, one of my fav's but not to everyone's taste.
Thanks
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:23 PM 11-13-2012
Large ring gauge cigars are generally bland.
[Reply]
shopkins82 09:27 AM 11-14-2012
I've been digging some short 58-60g torpedoes lately... the Nub 358 Cameroon and Nestor Miranda Special Selection Natural come to mind... both are 4 x 58 and torpedo, so not quite the same effort required as a round-cap 6x60.

5"-5.5" and 54-56 RG seems to be my sweet spot... I can still burn most within an hour, or at least far enough down that I don't feel wasteful, and they burn a bit cooler than most equivalent 50 RGs. I still smoke mostly 50 RG Robustos since 90% of my smoking is done on an hour lunch break, but I tend to enjoy the 54-56s a bit more when I have time.
[Reply]
hotreds 10:21 AM 11-14-2012
Too big for my taste. When I started this great hobby, I went for Churchills thinking more bang for my buck. Now that I've been smoking for a number of years I'm liking Lanceros and that ilk.
[Reply]
OLS 11:20 AM 11-14-2012
Wouldn't buy one....of course, maybe I did, I bought a lot of RyJ Dukes.
Not sure what they are.....big is one thing.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 11:40 AM 11-14-2012
Had one, and it was my first and last. A couple years ago I had a Camacho Triple Maduro.
[Reply]
Mikey202 10:37 PM 11-16-2012
Pardon 7000 Maduro...... :-):-)
[Reply]
heavyd 02:06 PM 11-17-2012
I smoke the big fellas occasionally, but it's gotta be a great smoke with the vitola proven. The La Sirena 6x60 nc is a very good medium smoke...and the prices are falling. I can't handle a full-bodied behemoth....cuz I'm a ***** :-)
[Reply]
milhouse 02:17 PM 11-21-2012
I do not think a manufacturer should charge as much for a 4 X 40 petite corona as they do for a 7 X 48 churchill, a 6 1/2 X 54 torpedo or a 6 x 52 toro. Yet I see it all the time.

The majority of cigar purchases these days are fat rg. The casual customer buys them over the traditional sizes. And there are ALOT more casual smokers compared to the handful of enthusiast.

Being that these fatties sell more, it keeps the cost down of the smaller rg. If each vitola was run as a seperate business line, a lancero would probably cost 2X that of a churchill.

:-)

PS... this poll is kinda strange, either you hate 60rg, or you can't get enough of them. I am willing to bet that most people fall in the middle somewhere. They certainly arent my favorite vitola, but I really love a FFP.
[Reply]
Gabe215 09:11 PM 11-21-2012
I'm a lancero and lonsdale kinda guy, but some blends are better in the toro and Churchill sizes, anything over 52 (which is pushing it for me) I feel some of the flavors are lost, just my opinion
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up