Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Entertainment>CoD 5 Beta
:eevis 02:29 PM 10-27-2008
Anybody else playing this. I just got a code from my buddy yesterday. I really cant wait fot this to come out:-)
[Reply]
mugwump 03:36 PM 10-27-2008
Yep and boy do I suck. The maps are so freaking huge that I spend most of my time dashing around and getting shot in the back. I hope the final game has a bit more variety.
[Reply]
:eevis 03:50 PM 10-27-2008
I am having the exact same problems. I was pretty good at CoD4, I am having a real tought time with this one!
[Reply]
dunng 04:03 PM 10-27-2008
I'm on PS3 so no... I'd love to though! :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 07:24 PM 10-27-2008
How does it compare to COD4? Are there achievements, ranks, etc...?
[Reply]
:eevis 07:53 PM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by ucla695:
How does it compare to COD4? Are there achievements, ranks, etc...?
It is the exact same engine that CoD4 had, only WWII based. The boards seem a lot bigger as well. I like it so far
[Reply]
ucla695 08:06 PM 10-27-2008
Sweet! Just gotta learn the maps and you're set. I'm still on the fence on this one, so the more positive reviews I hear, the better. Thanks for the feedback and enjoy!
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:42 PM 10-27-2008
How is the multiplayer. I hated how you were limited to 6 people in a party.
[Reply]
zmancbr 09:29 AM 10-28-2008
Originally Posted by :eevis:
It is the exact same engine that CoD4 had, only WWII based. The boards seem a lot bigger as well. I like it so far
Nice... that sounds sweet.... I need a new game to play since I heard that Farcry2 sucks lol... :-)
[Reply]
:eevis 02:15 PM 10-28-2008
So far it seems like the same party system, I'm not complaining, My group of six would win 60-70% of the matches that we were teamed up in. We went on for the first time since April or may the other day and still did pretty well. We normally don't play during spring or summer, so we are quickly approachin gaiming season, especially with snow in the air today
[Reply]
zmancbr 04:16 PM 10-28-2008
Originally Posted by :eevis:
So far it seems like the same party system, I'm not complaining, My group of six would win 60-70% of the matches that we were teamed up in. We went on for the first time since April or may the other day and still did pretty well. We normally don't play during spring or summer, so we are quickly approachin gaiming season, especially with snow in the air today
Yeah... I was thinking the same thing and I went to go get Farcry2 (since farcry was the game that got me hooked in gaming), but I heard it sucks bad... :-)
[Reply]
:eevis 04:41 PM 10-28-2008
It was Halo 2 that got me hooked. but now I'm into a little more tactical of shooters. Can't wait to fire up a little R6V2 tonight before the buddies get on-line for the Beta
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 05:39 PM 10-28-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
Nice... that sounds sweet.... I need a new game to play since I heard that Farcry2 sucks lol... :-)
Far Cry 2 doesn't suck.
[Reply]
zmancbr 07:22 PM 10-28-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Far Cry 2 doesn't suck.
Not what I heard... I hear there is a TON of bugs that need to be patched... things like not being able to change your controls, peek around a corner, etc... that is the kind of stuff that would kill a game... and believe me I wanna play farcry2... the first one rocked and hooked me on gaming...
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:55 PM 10-28-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
Not what I heard... I hear there is a TON of bugs that need to be patched... things like not being able to change your controls, peek around a corner, etc... that is the kind of stuff that would kill a game... and believe me I wanna play farcry2... the first one rocked and hooked me on gaming...
There's nothing game breaking about the bugs. It needs patching sure, but what game these days doesn't? Go get it, it's a far more original title than CoD5 is.
[Reply]
King James 08:21 PM 10-28-2008
what is the release date on cod5?
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:23 PM 10-28-2008
Originally Posted by King James:
what is the release date on cod5?
Veterans day, 11/11!
[Reply]
zmancbr 09:45 AM 10-29-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
There's nothing game breaking about the bugs. It needs patching sure, but what game these days doesn't? Go get it, it's a far more original title than CoD5 is.
Well thanks for the push.. I might get it once they kick out a quick patch then... have you tried the MP?

I still think cod5 should be pimp too!
[Reply]
Jokermann 09:51 AM 10-29-2008
I am an avid COD player. I have been playing the beta a good bit, and am pretty good so far. I do prefer COD4, and still play it the majority of the time.

Also, for some reason, I got sent a PC beta key. If anyone wants it let me know, and its yours.

If anyone every wants to hook up and play, my gamertag is Jokermann (big shock there huh?)

:-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:55 AM 10-29-2008
Anyone can join the PC beta. Just register at callofduty.com and you can join. I've been playing it a bit, CoD4 is better.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up