Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Entertainment>PS4 or Xbox One
rooneymurph 10:47 AM 06-12-2013
The game plan right now is to wait until the new gen consoles are released, then when the price drops on a 360 bundle, snag that and have one of each 3rd gen. I can enjoy all that I've missed out on for Xbox and wait until later 2014 to potentially get a 4th gen console at a lesser price (with various firmware upgrades, assuredly).
[Reply]
ATLDave 11:26 AM 06-12-2013
Online gaming is really about the friends you make with other gamers. Having been on XBox since the beginning, I will likely stay there.
[Reply]
DPD6030 11:27 AM 06-12-2013
Originally Posted by rooneymurph:
The game plan right now is to wait until the new gen consoles are released, then when the price drops on a 360 bundle, snag that and have one of each 3rd gen. I can enjoy all that I've missed out on for Xbox and wait until later 2014 to potentially get a 4th gen console at a lesser price (with various firmware upgrades, assuredly).
I may be selling mine :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 11:30 AM 06-12-2013
What's making me consider switiching is the price, no backwards compatable games on the "one", "always on" feature on the "one", and nothing really free with xbox live. I also do not care for the motion thing with Xbox, if I wanted one I'd buy one but now they are forcing me to own one.

If I do switch and get the PS4 I'll pay for the PS+ and get the free stuff that comes with including downloaded games.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 12:23 PM 06-12-2013
Originally Posted by 357:
Does either have dedicated host servers for multiplayer? That would be a factor for me. Client hosting is crap at best.
I love it. I'm almost always host, and have amazing internet connection most of the time.

So no 360 game will work on the 1 or whatever it's called?
[Reply]
irratebass 12:33 PM 06-12-2013
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
What's making me consider switiching is the price, no backwards compatable games on the "one", "always on" feature on the "one", and nothing really free with xbox live. I also do not care for the motion thing with Xbox, if I wanted one I'd buy one but now they are forcing me to own one.

If I do switch and get the PS4 I'll pay for the PS+ and get the free stuff that comes with including downloaded games.
That's another reason I am thinking of switching. I don't care for Kinect, nor will I ever....xbox live is certain to go up another $10 (just guessing, but why wouldn't it?) I don't play online with friends much anymore, I prefer single campaigns that take more than a weekend to beat and well worth my $.
[Reply]
equetefue 12:35 PM 06-12-2013
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
What!!? no backwards with 360 games :-) what the hell
[Reply]
DPD6030 12:54 PM 06-12-2013
I love it. I'm almost always host, and have amazing internet connection most of the time.

No. 360 games will NOT work on the xbox One.
[Reply]
irratebass 12:58 PM 06-12-2013
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
No. 360 games will NOT work on the xbox One.
But the NEW 360 just came out yesterday :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:44 PM 06-12-2013
I am okay with no backwards games, I do not keep my old games anyways.
For me, my descision will be a matter of exclusive content & friends switching or not switching. I am really pumped about TitanFall but I will be able to get that one on 360 so I will have to see some other exclusives to keep me with Xbox.
[Reply]
DPD6030 07:15 AM 06-13-2013
I may just hold off until prices come down some and see what Shane thinks of the "One". If I do decided to get a new console I'll have to get all new games anyway for either of the consoles.
[Reply]
Lockspur 09:06 AM 06-13-2013
I hate all Tom Clancy games. Have never been able to finish one besides Vegas. I hate 3rd person with a passion.

I feel within the next year I'll stop playing games completely. I get bored quite often when I'm playing Black Ops 2.
Even Splinter Cell?
[Reply]
oooo35980 12:09 PM 06-13-2013
Right now I prefer Xbox. But if rumors are true the Xbox1 embodies everything I hate, from DRM to a camera that actively watches you. It's like Microsoft made a list of things that piss people off and confused that with it's "wanted feature" list. PS4 here unless something changes.
[Reply]
357 03:35 PM 06-13-2013
That's the problem. It's not actually fair. Network lag for the host is simulated so they have some latency but because it's simulated, their latency stays 100% consistent while everyone else's lag will fluctuate at least 50-100 milliseconds; if not more depending on time of day, etc. At least on a dedicated server everyone's latency will fluctuate creating a fair playing field. My server/IT guy :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 09:03 AM 06-20-2013
MS now states that the 24 hour check-in is not required and there will be discs and not downloaded games. :-), little too late?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:14 AM 06-20-2013
I have decided to just hang onto my 360, purchase TitanFall and be happy.
[Reply]
shilala 09:35 AM 06-20-2013
The gameplay looks incredible.
I gave up gaming a couple years ago, no desire for the learning curve to keep up with the FPS titles. These games look like it'd take a college course to catch up.
I'm hoping I don't have to buy one of these for the kids, but I probably will. Were it me, I'd go to PS without a doubt. I've not forgotten the screwing I got on the 360 release, and MS can pound their platform in their ass, so far as I'm concerned.

I'd expect Sony to be a big winner on this one. All they need to do is listen to the gamers. MS doesn't even understand that sentence. :-)
[Reply]
MrClean 09:47 AM 06-20-2013
PS4 for me, I have too many games for the PS3 that I don't want to give up. I won't buy the new one until the PS3 dies. We watch a ton of movies on it so I figure it'll happen eventually, sooner rather than later.
It's tough, I hate Sony and I hate Microsoft, apparently I don't hate Sony enough to switch platforms. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:54 AM 06-20-2013
Microsoft has now backtracked on their ridiculous policies. At least Sony was good for something by forcing Microsoft to allow users to resell games and not always be online. Still haven't seen definitive proof on backwards compatibility. :-)

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/tech/g...drm/index.html
[Reply]
Stephen 05:15 PM 06-20-2013
Have pre ordered four PS4s for release day acquisition. Plan to quickly flip three to pay for mine (yes, I'm one of THOSE people). Actual conversation I had with a guy at work a couple of days ago:

Him - "You getting a XBOX One or PS4?"
Me - "PS4. You?"
Him - "Why are you getting a PS4?"
Me - "Familiarity, overbearing restrictions built into the XBOX One, similar specs, yet PS4 is a hundred bucks cheaper..."
Him - "Well the XBOX One comes with a Kinect and the PS4 doesn't."
Me - "Whoopity damn do. Never did care for Kinect/Move/Wii. When I wanna play a video game, I want to plop my ass down on the couch and veg out for a couple of hours."
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up