Blak Smyth 08:30 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
[Reply]
irratebass 08:34 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
:-)
[Reply]
Dave128 08:39 AM 11-02-2011
Good Gravy that's a ton of smokes! You could open a shop with that stash!
[Reply]
shilala 08:57 AM 11-02-2011
I still have a whole gob of stuff that's gotta go in there, too. I'm not exactly sure how I'm gonna pull it off, but I'll make it work somehow. I figured a sale was going to be in order, but I think I can make it all fit.
The pile in the pic fit easy, and I freed up four coolers. :-)
[Reply]
Dave128 09:36 AM 11-02-2011
I still have a whole gob of stuff that's gotta go in there, too. I'm not exactly sure how I'm gonna pull it off, but I'll make it work somehow. I figured a sale was going to be in order, but I think I can make it all fit.
The pile in the pic fit easy, and I freed up four coolers. :-)
Did you just admit that you have a ton of empty space?
[Reply]
shilala 09:42 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Dave128:
Did you just admit that you have a ton of empty space?
I sure do. You guys should all send me as many cigars as you can. I'll need lots to send to the troops, and I'll be sending packages real shortly. :-)
[Reply]
Apoco 10:52 AM 11-02-2011
You've inspired me, Scott. There's no lights, no plug bar, etc. in mine - and I've been wishing they would magically appear.

Come my week off in December - I think I know just the project to take on :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
shilala 06:35 PM 11-14-2011
Just got the replacement parts for the Accumonitor today. I put her all together and it works great. I'll install her very soon.
In the meantime I've been relying on my prototype beads. I filled the bottom of the humi with somewhere between five to ten pounds, just dumped them in there loose around the bottom tray/crumb catcher.
They have kept the humi rock solid at 65% which shocked me to death. I had no doubt the beads would work really good, but had huge doubts as to whether or not I'd be able to seal this beast up.
I am SO excited it's worked so well. Now I can start testing the new beads and all that good stuff. I'll get pics of how I deployed the beads when I install the Accumonitor.
It's going to be such a huge joy to have a great big display humidor that actually works. You guys have no idea how excited I am. It's almost pathetic. :-)
[Reply]
Taki 06:41 PM 11-14-2011
Can't wait to see her when she's done!
[Reply]
Scottw 06:45 PM 11-14-2011
What a great looking humi and stash, thanks for sharing Scott! Awesome.
[Reply]
longknocker 07:22 PM 11-14-2011
Just got the replacement parts for the Accumonitor today. I put her all together and it works great. I'll install her very soon.
In the meantime I've been relying on my prototype beads. I filled the bottom of the humi with somewhere between five to ten pounds, just dumped them in there loose around the bottom tray/crumb catcher.
They have kept the humi rock solid at 65% which shocked me to death. I had no doubt the beads would work really good, but had huge doubts as to whether or not I'd be able to seal this beast up.
I am SO excited it's worked so well. Now I can start testing the new beads and all that good stuff. I'll get pics of how I deployed the beads when I install the Accumonitor.
It's going to be such a huge joy to have a great big display humidor that actually works. You guys have no idea how excited I am. It's almost pathetic. :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
lenguamor 08:12 PM 11-14-2011
Awesome build, Scott. Can't wait to see it filled.
[Reply]
mase 12:44 AM 11-15-2011
This is amazing. I couldn't even assemble a bird house.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 12:56 AM 11-15-2011
That thing is looking sweet, Scott! Nice work.
[Reply]
sofaman 05:55 AM 11-15-2011
Looking Good Brother!!! It looks much diffrent than the day we drug it home
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:30 AM 11-15-2011
You guys have no idea how excited I am. It's almost pathetic. :-)
Yes I think we all know exactly how you feel!:-)
[Reply]
shilala 07:17 AM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by sofaman:
Looking Good Brother!!! It looks much diffrent than the day we drug it home
I know, right? There's no snow on it or nothing!!! :-)
[Reply]
shilala 09:17 AM 11-26-2011
Okay, I did some more work on the old girl.
I temporarily installed the Avallo after Ron got me the new parts. He even sent a better control module with an extra circulation fan, so I put it to use. It got everything right up to perfect overnight and has been holding rock solid ever since.
I have a few pics of what I did...

Here's a pic of the Avallo water resevoir all ready to stuff in the bottom of the humi.

Here's a shot of the new beads I'd mentioned. I just filled the bottom of the humi all around the crumb catcher in the base. I failed to weigh how much I added, but it only took about half what I had planned on using. I think there's about seven pounds in there.
The beads did an excellent job all on their own, but with all the leaky glass and low temp/humidity in the basement, the Avallo will keep them recharged really well. It doesn't hardly run at all and I can't tell a difference in the water in the resevoir, so I expect it'll run for months on one refill, and it doesn't hold very much water at all.
I kind of plan to change the water every month. Wish me luck with that. :-)

Here's a lousy shot of the Avallo controller. The top left is my setting, top right is actual RH%age, and bottom right is the temperature inside the unt. This is where I was right when I set it in there and after I'd opened the doors 100 times. The beads and fans recovered as fast as I could screw things up.

[Reply]
maninblack 09:40 AM 11-26-2011
Wow that is one sweet looking set up Scott!! Great job! Can't wait to see her with all the boxes inside.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up