Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Just finished my last paper!
mkarnold1 08:54 PM 12-02-2011
I'll be graduating with my ADN RN on December 16. :-) Pretty excited about it. No more papers until I decide to go back and get my BSN. :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 08:58 PM 12-02-2011
Congrats brother. Thats no easy accomplishment!!!!!
[Reply]
Newbie_nick 09:24 PM 12-02-2011
Congrats, brother! Do you have a special stick lined up to commemorate such a grand event?
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:26 PM 12-02-2011
Congratulations!
[Reply]
mkarnold1 09:30 PM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by Newbie_nick:
Congrats, brother! Do you have a special stick lined up to commemorate such a grand event?
I got an Opus X that EricF sent me in the NST. That is the one I am going to toke up on the 16th after I get my degree. Thanks for the kudos everyone! It's been a long arduous path. Almost 4 years of school to get what they call a 2 year degree. :-)
[Reply]
forgop 09:48 PM 12-02-2011
Congrats. I just submitted my research topic pertaining to the administration of epidural analgesia and its impact on 2nd stage of labor.

2 finals next week and a 5 page paper before I start my student job in ER at a trauma 1 hospital and then graduation on May 5th. :-)

Do you already have a job lined up?
[Reply]
mkarnold1 10:07 PM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
Congrats. I just submitted my research topic pertaining to the administration of epidural analgesia and its impact on 2nd stage of labor.

2 finals next week and a 5 page paper before I start my student job in ER at a trauma 1 hospital and then graduation on May 5th. :-)

Do you already have a job lined up?
No job lined up. Lots of apps out there, but no luck yet. I'm not touching the OB topic. :-) I got 2 finals left too, but tests are not really a worry. Is the student job leading to a FT ER gig after graduation? That would be a great step and a big boost to moving on to an advanced nursing role. I'm thinking I will need to put a couple years in a med surg floor before transitioning to critical care.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:45 AM 12-03-2011
Congrats brother!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 08:51 AM 12-03-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Congrats brother!! :-) :-)
:-)

See ya today bro, getting ready to hit the road now.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 08:58 AM 12-03-2011
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:

See ya today bro, getting ready to hit the road now.
What is the plan for you guys today? Got a lot going on over at D&K's?
[Reply]
Mattso3000 09:01 AM 12-03-2011
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
What is the plan for you guys today? Got a lot going on over at D&K's?
IDK, we have the thing at the funeral home but other than that no idea.
[Reply]
forgop 09:04 AM 12-03-2011
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
No job lined up. Lots of apps out there, but no luck yet. I'm not touching the OB topic. :-) I got 2 finals left too, but tests are not really a worry. Is the student job leading to a FT ER gig after graduation? That would be a great step and a big boost to moving on to an advanced nursing role. I'm thinking I will need to put a couple years in a med surg floor before transitioning to critical care.
The OB topic really was in response to my hippie doula's blabbering about epidurals being such a bad thing from my maternity clinical over the summer. I couldn't think of anything else to pick at all.

The student job should lead to a job when I graduate/pass the NCLEX. The way it worked out is that I volunteered in the ER one night/week for a few hours the past 3 months. Previously all I knew was that they only took applications certain times of the year for students in the ER and I finally sent an email with my resume/cover letter to the director indicating my desire to obtain a student position and a full time gig once I graduated in the summer. Less than 2 weeks later, I was scheduled for an interview and offered a job. In the almost 4 months I've been there, I can tell they're pretty short staffed. I noticed they were even pulling from resource RN's when I was there and there's been a lot of movement from shift to shift. The only thing I'll not be able to do is the official assessment and pass meds, so after doing this 6 months, I'll be good to go.
[Reply]
Taki 09:35 AM 12-03-2011
Congrats Brother!!! :-)
[Reply]
Up