Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Andretti cigars....Failed
Garbandz 10:43 AM 06-04-2009
I have tried four of these over a month's time,two Toro,one Commendatore,one robusto.Two of these had patches on the wrapper,one smelled of spoiled fruit,three had very little aroma at all.I was sent a full box of the Toro size,on examination,they were all similar,poorly cured khaki-green mottled wrappers,the other sizes had similar issues.
All of these cigars had a taste of dirty,uncured tobacco,three of them left grit in my mouth.I toughed it out and smoked them at least to the halfway point,I was really shocked by them.The taste stayed in my mouth for hours after smoking them.
I cannot in good faith recommend these cigars,they are poorly made and are not ,in my opinion,worth smoking.It is possible there have been some made that get a decent review,but the samples I received were very disappointing.I would be happy to send anyone some of these to review if you want them,I welcome your opinion.....
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:53 PM 06-04-2009
Thanks for the heads up!!
[Reply]
m69c44 06:08 PM 06-04-2009
Wow that too bad, I wonder if his wine is any good? I haven't even seen these anywhere or the wine for that fact. wondering if just having the name Andretti on the label they thought they would sell.:-)
[Reply]
smokin5 07:58 PM 06-04-2009
Gotta agree with you on this - had one, I'm done!:-)
[Reply]
rack04 08:00 PM 06-04-2009
Originally Posted by m69c44:
Wow that too bad, I wonder if his wine is any good? I haven't even seen these anywhere or the wine for that fact. wondering if just having the name Andretti on the label they thought they would sell.:-)
I visited the Andretti winery while vacationing in Napa Valley. The wine was just "ok". Although this was the last stop after 7 other tastings so my memory wasn't so good. :-)
[Reply]
Up