Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>You Know What Sucks??
auburnfan1980 07:06 AM 12-03-2008
Food poisoning. :-):-):-):-):-) Yep, no time for cigars the past couple of days. I think we should start a sub-forum for folks who are sick to encourage one another and have a sort of "cyber-herf" where nothing is really smoked...ya just lie in bed, sit on the toilet, or in the doctor's office and imagine with one another what that cigar you're wanting to smoke would taste like IF we weren't sick. Sorry, this is a totally pointless post as I'm just ridiculously bored at home today. That will be all. Oh wait...not again! :-):-)

Jason
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:11 AM 12-03-2008
Absolutely the worst thing!!! I fully agree Jason..but look on the bright side...you'll lose a few extra pounds without working out! :-)
[Reply]
dunng 07:20 AM 12-03-2008
Think of it as a diet... salmonella works really well! :-)
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 07:28 AM 12-03-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Absolutely the worst thing!!! I fully agree Jason..but look on the bright side...you'll lose a few extra pounds without working out! :-)
Originally Posted by dunng:
Think of it as a diet... salmonella works really well! :-)

:-) you guys are great. however...I've lost 45 pounds before this trying to train for a triathlon in May for my birthday. If i'm sick, I can't train...and there's no way i'm running or getting back on the bike for the rest of the week that way I'm feeling now. Salmonella.....hahahaha Thanks for brightening my...oh hell...here we go again! :-) :-)

Jason
[Reply]
md4958 07:38 AM 12-03-2008
I feel your pain Jay.

I had food poisining on a flight from Tokyo to NY... 14 hours I thought I was gonna die (actually wished for it a couple times).

then the wife picks me up in the stick shift in NY traffic... head out the window.

went all night without sleep (2 night if you count the flight) and finally :-) HARD the next morning.

I wanted somebody to kill me.
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:41 AM 12-03-2008
Are you kidding?!?!?! If I lost 45lbs before a marathon I'd be super thrilled...I'd be flying down those roads!! :-) best of luck on the Tri...let me know how it goes...I've always wanted to do a sprint one but they lock up so quickly around here when I look.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:42 AM 12-03-2008
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Jason. You sure tricked me though... I saw the title of the thread and was looking for good Alabama trash talk I could use for this weekend:-)
[Reply]
poker 07:48 AM 12-03-2008
Food poisoning sucks. I had it once when I went to Vegas for 4 days.
Stayed in the hotel room for 3 of the 4 days sick as all hell.

Get better soon.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 07:49 AM 12-03-2008
Are you kidding?!?!?! If I lost 45lbs before a marathon I'd be super thrilled...I'd be flying down those roads!! :-) best of luck on the Tri...let me know how it goes...I've always wanted to do a sprint one but they lock up so quickly around here when I look.
well, i weighed 255, and I'm only 6'2". I'm a former basketball player, so my body wasn't meant to weigh that much, and since training for this thing, my ankles and knees haven't felt this good in a decade! The one I'm doing in May is of the "sprint" variety....300m swim, 12.5mi bike, and 3mi run. I'm doing one a couple months after that which will be a lil longer. Do you really do marathons??

Jason
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 07:49 AM 12-03-2008
Originally Posted by md4958:
I feel your pain Jay.

I had food poisining on a flight from Tokyo to NY... 14 hours I thought I was gonna die (actually wished for it a couple times).

then the wife picks me up in the stick shift in NY traffic... head out the window.

went all night without sleep (2 night if you count the flight) and finally :-) HARD the next morning.

I wanted somebody to kill me.

Thanks for making me sound like a total wuss for complaining about mine. :-) Holy hell, bro...mine is nothing like that!

Jason
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:51 AM 12-03-2008
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
well, i weighed 255, and I'm only 6'2". I'm a former basketball player, so my body wasn't meant to weigh that much, and since training for this thing, my ankles and knees haven't felt this good in a decade! The one I'm doing in May is of the "sprint" variety....300m swim, 12.5mi bike, and 3mi run. I'm doing one a couple months after that which will be a lil longer. Do you really do marathons??

Jason
DID...I'm starting up again this year..I've done the Boston "unofficially" from 2000-2005:-) The winter training is the worst of it...crossing the line is the best of it!
[Reply]
md4958 07:55 AM 12-03-2008
DID...I'm starting up again this year..I've done the Boston "unofficially" from 2000-2005:-) The winter training is the worst of it...crossing the line is the best of it!
Does that mean that you sat on the sidelines and passed out the little cups of water??
[Reply]
mrreindeer 07:55 AM 12-03-2008
Oh man, Jason, that sucks. Hope it's over soon. The one thing you can count on is that 'most' of the time, it doesn't last too long....unless you're Kelly in Vegas. :-) Oh man, that's probably one of the worst places to be sick with food poisoning...well, any Vaca for that matter.

Originally Posted by md4958:
Moe - you forgot to mention that you were sitting in a middle seat. God, that had to be the worst!

As for triathlons, I can give you a few tips. When I lived in Redondo Beach, I used to train in my backyard. I'd run from one wall to the other. We're talking about a good 15 feet of brick patio.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 07:55 AM 12-03-2008
At this point, i can't imagine doing a marathon. I've worked myself up to 4 miles and done a couple of 5K races, but wow....even a half-marathon seems daunting to me. However, I will say that when I first started, I couldn't complete a 1/4 mile without stopping :-) And I will agree w/ you about the winter training...you can barely breathe in it!

Jason
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 07:58 AM 12-03-2008
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Oh man, Jason, that sucks. Hope it's over soon. The one thing you can count on is that 'most' of the time, it doesn't last too long....unless you're Kelly in Vegas. :-) Oh man, that's probably one of the worst places to be sick with food poisoning...well, any Vaca for that matter.

Moe - you forgot to mention that you were sitting in a middle seat. God, that had to be the worst!

As for triathlons, I can give you a few tips. When I lived in Redondo Beach, I used to train in my backyard. I'd run from one wall to the other. We're talking about a good 15 feet of brick patio.

You're such an inspiration to me. :-) :-)

Jason
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:02 AM 12-03-2008
At this point, i can't imagine doing a marathon. I've worked myself up to 4 miles and done a couple of 5K races, but wow....even a half-marathon seems daunting to me. However, I will say that when I first started, I couldn't complete a 1/4 mile without stopping :-)
It's amazing what training can do..

And I will agree w/ you about the winter training...you can barely breathe in it!

Jason
Breathe? Try pissing when it's 15* outside one sunday afternoon! :-)
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 08:10 AM 12-03-2008
It's amazing what training can do..

Breathe? Try pissing when it's 15* outside one sunday afternoon! :-)

That reminds me of a picture I saw once that made me laugh my a$$ off. What's your email and I'll send it to ya!

Jason
[Reply]
Starscream 08:20 AM 12-03-2008
That's how I spent my Thanksgiving weekend at the beach. Food poisoning is a *****, ain't it? I did manage to get in a bunch of cigars though. The food poisoning didn't affect the flavor of the sticks. Although I kept a sulfur/rotten eggs taste in my stomach/throat:-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:38 AM 12-03-2008
I got food poisoning from bad shrimp once. Before that time I would have thought it was impossible to expel my guts from both ends at one time. Fortunately the toilet was right next to the tub.
I had to crawl to the bathroom every hour on the hour for the same routine. I'd blow both ends and then chug water till the heaves were done. It got to a point where the heaves wouldn't stop. When I was well enough to go to the hospital they gave me a shot in the ass to stop the puking and packed me in ice cubes.
I had fever dreams that night that were the wildest most vivid and real dreams I've ever had. Except they weren't really dreams cause I had them when I would pass out from the fever.
I rescued my sister from a burning building in one of the dreams, still remember it.
I don't have a sister, though. It was something else. :-)
The whole thing was quite an experience.

Jason, I hope you're feeling better soon!!! :-)
[Reply]
kdog 11:04 AM 12-03-2008
Get well soon dude, and war-dadgum-eagle. I'm impressed when someone runs, pedals, etc. I'm addicted to the throttle cable and the leaf so can't understand that whole pedaling thing. Good luck bro.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up