Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Lancero love
icehog3 08:34 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by borndead1:
Muestra de Saka #NLMTHA lancero (7 x 38)

Got this one in a lancero/lonsdale trade on C-Bid.

Not much flavor at first, a woodsy finish. About 1" in, a nasty chemical aftertaste comes in. This is a bit comical to me, since the only other Muestra de Saka cigar I've tried had the same issue. I pitched this one pretty quick.

EDIT: I just looked up this cigar. $120+ for a box of 7? HAHAHAHA muthaf*kka please...
Those Saka cigars ain't cheap, Mark. I liked the Umbagog and a couple others that were gifted to me on another forum. Haven't had the Muestra, and sounds like I am glad? :-) :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:36 PM 07-12-2020

Not much flavor at first, a woodsy finish. About 1" in, a nasty chemical aftertaste comes in. This is a bit comical to me, since the only other Muestra de Saka cigar I've tried had the same issue. I pitched this one pretty quick.

EDIT: I just looked up this cigar. $120+ for a box of 7? HAHAHAHA muthaf*kka please...

You have bad luck brudda. That sux. I've had at least a dozen and they've been fantastic.
[Reply]
Snook 11:15 PM 07-12-2020

I'm not surprised at this. Steve Saka has said it himself that he's not a fan of lanceros. But then he makes a lancero to please all those people asking him to do so (supposedly). The name of the cigar says it all. I like most of Saka's stuff, but I'll stay away from this one.
[Reply]
oldforge 06:17 AM 09-04-2020
Cigarpage finally has the Nicaraguan Overrun Maduro Lanceros back in stock--total steal at two bucks a stick:
https://www.cigarpage.com/maduro-nic...-overruns.html
[Reply]
longknocker 04:42 AM 09-08-2020
I've always liked lanceros, and it recently dawned on me that I rarely buy/smoke them. So I've been buying and smoking quite a few lanceros. So I'm gonna smoke a few lanceros today, and post short reviews in this thread.

First up is Crafted by Casa Fernandez (7.5" x 40). I had never heard of this line, but added a bundle of 10 to an order from Serious Cigars a while back. No exaggeration, these are probably the best cigar I've smoked so far this year, including CCs. Bold but smooth, good draw/burn, lots of subtle flavor changes, no harshness or ammonia flavor even at the nub. Halfway through my second one, I ordered 4 more bundles.
Just Ordered A Bundle. Hope They're As Good As You Say, Mark!:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:53 AM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by oldforge:
These are 6.5 x 40 and called panatelas found here:

https://www.cigar.com/p/caldwell-90-...igars/2023042/

The panatelas are seconds of the La Barba Reds.

These are very good--virtually identical with the La Barba Red firsts imho.

Just try some--you can thank me later.
Site Says No Longer Available.:-)
[Reply]
Willem2 12:26 PM 09-08-2020
Love them, always looping for them hen i’m at a store. But they are hard to find
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up