Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 18 of 196
« First < 8161718 19202868118 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Parshooter 06:29 AM 05-15-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
Just cracked my bottle of Sazerac from the '08 Antique collection. I don't know, I guess I should stick to Bourbon.
If you don't like the Sazerac, send it my way :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 10:09 AM 05-15-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
Just enjoyed a nice glass of Four Roses Single Barrel on the rocks!
That is very Gooooood Stuff!!!
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 06:20 PM 05-23-2009
Bump...cause I am getting ready to drink some bourbon barrel aged beer
[Reply]
BengalMan 04:33 PM 05-24-2009
Just so you all know, Jefferson's Reserve will soon be releasing their Presidential Select that is a 17 yr old. It should be available in the 1st week or two of June.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 07:52 AM 05-25-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Just so you all know, Jefferson's Reserve will soon be releasing their Presidential Select that is a 17 yr old. It should be available in the 1st week or two of June.
I am going out on a limb and assuming that this is pretty good stuff... What's the MSRP?
[Reply]
BengalMan 06:44 PM 05-25-2009
Gonna be about $75 or so.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 05:53 PM 05-26-2009
I'm not "experienced" enough yet in bourbons to appreciate this Jefferson's Reserve Presidential Select but I had some Baker's over the weekend and it was very tasty. Very nice finish and Smooth!!
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 01:46 PM 05-27-2009
I will be looking out for that Jefferson's. It is a little out of my normal price range but I might have to splurge :-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 08:01 PM 06-01-2009
Who's going to be the first to make this?

http://bourbonbuzz.com/2009/05/26/ba...m-is-a-winner/

Bacon Bourbon Ice Cream Is A Winner!
This recipe is from the Bacon Takedown in NYC. Mike O’Neil won the first place Audience Award for his Bacon Bourbon Ice Cream.
Mike O’Neill’s Bacon Bourbon Ice Cream
1/2 lb bacon, sliced 1/4″ thick
1 cup brown sugar plus more to coat bacon
3 tablespoons butter
2 3/4 cups half and half
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 egg yolks
1/4 cup “good” Bourbon (Mike used Knob Creek)
Lay the bacon strips on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Sprinkle enough brown sugar to cover each strip. Bake for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees until the sugar starts to melt, about 5-7 minutes. Flip bacon slices and drag through the fat/sugar. Sprinkle with more brown sugar and bake for another 7-10 minutes until crisp. Place bacon on a wire rack until cool and chill completely in refrigerator.
In a heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add 1 1/2 cups of the half-and-half, 1 cup brown sugar and salt and just bring to a boil. Whisk egg yolks in a separate bowl and add a spoonful of the hot half-and-half mixture while whisking to temper. Repeat process a few more times. Add the egg yolk mixture to the half-and-half mixture in the pot and stir thoroughly. Add the Bourbon, and continue cooking until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, stirring constantly. Strain into 1 1/4 cups of cold half-and-half. Whisk thoroughly, cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 6-8 hours (or overnight).
Chop the bacon strips into small pieces. Churn into ice cream following your ice cream maker’s direction, and add the bacon in the last minute of churning. Transfer ice cream to an airtight container and freeze a few hours before serving.
[Reply]
Jdbwolverines 10:54 PM 06-02-2009
Bump...cause I am getting ready to drink some bourbon barrel aged beer
Any review on this??? I almost bought some when I saw it once but just didn't know what it would be like, so any input would be much appreciated.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 07:45 PM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by Jdbwolverines:
Any review on this??? I almost bought some when I saw it once but just didn't know what it would be like, so any input would be much appreciated.
I had the Jeffersons and it was very good. I enjoy beer and bourbon so this beer was perfect in my opinion. If you like bourbon in general, I do not see any reason why you would not try it. They go great with cigars too. :-)
[Reply]
groogs 10:49 PM 06-03-2009
I have been drinking Four Roses thanks to Nickyteen and it is really good. I love all kinds of whiskey, but this might be turning me torward bourbon as my go to.
[Reply]
Ken 02:59 PM 06-04-2009
I had the Jeffersons and it was very good. I enjoy beer and bourbon so this beer was perfect in my opinion.
Jeffersons is very good. More consistant than most I've had. BBC made a Pappy bourbon barrel that about knocked me out of the chair. Very good and without a doubt strong.

If you're into Porters you have to try a bourbon barrel.
[Reply]
BengalMan 06:34 PM 06-04-2009
BTW, Four Roses started shipping bottles of their 2009 Barrel Proof limited edition this week. Only 1,836 total bottles produced. I just picked up a few today at the Liquor Barn. I have a wicked cold right now, so I'm going to try some out over the weekend most likely.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 07:19 PM 06-04-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
BTW, Four Roses started shipping bottles of their 2009 Barrel Proof limited edition this week. Only 1,836 total bottles produced. I just picked up a few today at the Liquor Barn. I have a wicked cold right now, so I'm going to try some out over the weekend most likely.
What are they selling for?
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 08:21 PM 06-04-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
Just cracked my bottle of Sazerac from the '08 Antique collection. I don't know, I guess I should stick to Bourbon.

But before I do, I have a question....

How does this compare to other Ryes out there? Which other one should I give a chance?
I have been revisiting this bottle the last few nights, and I must say, I like it a lot more now than when I first tried it. I don't know if I like it enough to buy another bottle, but I like it enough not to completely write Rye off. I'll have to pick up some Rittenhouse and see what I think then.
[Reply]
Jdbwolverines 09:54 PM 06-04-2009
I had the Jeffersons and it was very good. I enjoy beer and bourbon so this beer was perfect in my opinion. If you like bourbon in general, I do not see any reason why you would not try it. They go great with cigars too. :-)
Thanks. I love bourbon and beer, so it sounds like the perfect combination. I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for some. Goose Island beers are pretty readily available around me, and I heard their Bourbon County Stout is amazing.
[Reply]
bigloo 01:31 AM 06-05-2009
Purchse advice needed. I love elijah Craig 18... the vanilla/toffee on the nose is outstanding. I am looking for something just as "sweet" if not sweeter and smooth. Any recommendations?
[Reply]
BengalMan 09:22 PM 06-05-2009
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:
What are they selling for?
About $65
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 07:36 PM 06-06-2009
Almost done with my bottle :-)... definately need to find more.....a few more!!

[Reply]
Page 18 of 196
« First < 8161718 19202868118 > Last »
Up