Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>And so it begins...
Eleven 12:18 AM 08-05-2010
Spent the night watching TV with the wife, got on the laptop just before 2am and I see this in my email inbox:

You Won Lot 930353 at Cigarbid.com.

Up to this point, my wife thinks that every cigar that shows up in our mailbox was a lottery winning, or the occasional bomb. I am going to see how long that ruse lasts :-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 12:22 AM 08-05-2010
Rocky Patel Sun Grown Petites at half off. Nice!
[Reply]
ValorBali41 12:30 AM 08-05-2010
Step 1.) Buy flowers when cigars arrive
Step 2.) Deploy flowers, when wife is happy and not paying attention, slip cigars into Humi
Step 3.) Credit Card bill arrives, say it was a steal and you couldn't let up such a good deal. Wife may be happy you bought them cheaper, if tactic fails, Deploy Flowers.
Step 4.) Enjoy your sticks
[Reply]
sevans105 12:37 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Spent the night watching TV with the wife, got on the laptop just before 2am and I see this in my email inbox:

Up to this point, my wife thinks that every cigar that shows up in our mailbox was a lottery winning, or the occasional bomb. I am going to see how long that ruse lasts :-)
Fair warning brother! You'll wind up like me...winning bids and getting poorer. Lots of good smokes at great prices but holy cow is it addictive.
[Reply]
Chingas 04:30 AM 08-05-2010
And so it begins is right! Be careful Brother. Give yourself a budget. Just think about all the deals you missed before you started at cbid. Then you won't feel so bad letting a few deals go.
[Reply]
jonumberone 04:49 AM 08-05-2010
I throw the UPS man a Sawbuck from time to time.
He places packages on the side of the house out of sight..
He really appreciates it and even left me a note on a box that he was going to be on vacation!!
[Reply]
Chingas 04:51 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
He really appreciates it and even left me a note on a box that he was going to be on vacation!!
Smart man. Wouldn't believe how often these guys get shafted.
[Reply]
rostamizadeh 10:28 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by ValorBali41:
Step 1.) Buy flowers when cigars arrive
Step 2.) Deploy flowers, when wife is happy and not paying attention, slip cigars into Humi
Step 3.) Credit Card bill arrives, say it was a steal and you couldn't let up such a good deal. Wife may be happy you bought them cheaper, if tactic fails, Deploy Flowers.
Step 4.) Enjoy your sticks
This!!! Brilliant! Similar strategy... my wife asked if she could get a new purse. I said 'sure'... and took the opportunity to grab a box of LFD Salomones yesterday. A fair trade. :-)

This is actually a really good idea; I think I'll give it a shot. It seems to always be the same driver making deliveries.
[Reply]
Ogre 12:50 PM 08-05-2010
I guess I just have it lucky. My girl actually points out B&Ms and asks me if I want to stop and check it out. She has also brought me cigars to work when I have to work a double.
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:52 PM 08-05-2010
:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 12:56 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by ValorBali41:
This is where MSRP comes in handy: "I got these at 60% off, honey." :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
neoflex 01:24 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by Eleven:

HaHa, My wife some how thinks that 75 percent of what comes is from winning some sort of contest or lottery. She usually doesn't ask if I bought cigars when they show up and she just kind of assumes so it's not like I am lying per say. I have won a few cigars in the past so that is where she must have gotten the notion. The last box of Olva Vs that came in a couple weeks ago I needed to borrow a piece of her tupperware to temporarily store them and she replied with, "You need to stop entering these contests!" Who am I to argue? I just replied with "Sure honey.":-)
[Reply]
neoflex 01:31 PM 08-05-2010
That's a great move. This wouldn't work for me because it never fails that when that big brown truck pulls up my wife always ends up either being outside walking the dogs or doing something where she spots or hears it etc. I really do wish UPS would get quieter trucks :-) I can always hear the damn thing from down the block and if I know I have something coming I will usually B-line it outside to intercept him. My guys route always brings him to the neighborhood late afternoon so she is always home when he pulls up. I like when stuff comes USPS because she never gets the mail so if it fits in the mailbox she has no idea and when they do leave it by the front door I usually have a 50/50 shot of her missing it as it is rare that she ever spots it unless someone points it out to her when they come over.
[Reply]
dwoodward 02:15 PM 08-05-2010
I dont have this "wife" issue you are all explaining.

My girlfriend is in full support of my cigar smoking habits, she loves it because instead of playing video games, I sit outside with her and just chat for an hour or two while smoking a cigar.
[Reply]
neoflex 03:05 PM 08-05-2010
That's because she still just a girlfriend and not a wife!:-)
[Reply]
JDTexan 05:27 PM 08-05-2010
I remember the first days of cigarbid back in my NC days, what a way to spend time.
[Reply]
jonumberone 02:21 AM 08-06-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
AMEN!!:-):-)
[Reply]
sevans105 02:47 AM 08-06-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
Sad but true.....put a ring on that finger and see if that still holds true. Its amazing what a thin band of gold can do to the personality of a perfectly good girlfriend! :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 03:30 AM 08-06-2010
One of the many reasons I never plan on getting married. Ran it by my lady before we started dating. Alls good.
[Reply]
Bill86 03:37 AM 08-06-2010
Yeah that marriage thing....*RUNS* No one I've met understands my addictions to cigs/cigars/knives/guns/beer/bourbon. Just started cigars and I'm doing one-a-days already.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up