Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>JR Cigar wholesale pricing boo boo.
Tio Gato 09:13 AM 08-03-2010
http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/news-...ricing-for-now

JR's new catalog was mailed Friday and the pricing is all at wholesale prices rather than their regular retail. Lew says he will honor the wholesale prices until they can ship a new catalog. Download the catalog to see the prices. I'm not sure if the prices on the website match these.
Maybe calling in to confirm the price would be wise.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:34 AM 08-03-2010
Whoa. Too bad I already don't have enough $ for books this Fall.
[Reply]
T.G 09:56 AM 08-03-2010
Lew has been the best at selling cigars via a catalog for longer than most of his competitors have been in business.

I don't think this was actually a mistake.

He's been trying to dump inventory for well over a year now. This ought to do it.
[Reply]
whodeeni 09:59 AM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Lew has been the best at selling cigars via a catalog for longer than most of his competitors have been in business.

He's been trying to dump inventory for well over a year now. This ought to do it.
Coup De Tat Marketing at it's very best!!! You are completely
right Adam. This is no mistake! It's Deliberate!:-)
[Reply]
weak_link 10:01 AM 08-03-2010
At least there are a couple boxes that got my attention. Usually these blow out 'whoops I made a booboo' sales are a bunch of dog rockets.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:21 AM 08-03-2010
Looks like some great deals to me:-)
[Reply]
e-man67 10:30 AM 08-03-2010
I just don't feel right taking advantage of JR's misfortune....:-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:34 AM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by weak_link:
At least there are a couple boxes that got my attention. Usually these blow out 'whoops I made a booboo' sales are a bunch of dog rockets.
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Looks like some great deals to me:-)
No doubt. I did see a lot of stuff listed that is no longer in production, some of which has been gone for a long time now and he's been trying to move it.

I wonder how long the inventory will hold out on the good ones though...
[Reply]
The Poet 02:10 PM 08-03-2010
Dammit to hell, boys, I was trying to keep this on the QT, seeing as how I've gotta listen to so many of youse bash Lew alla time, while I just keep ordering and keeping my peace. :-)

Thank Gawd you didn't tell them that he also has set a new shipping cost of just $8.95/order.
[Reply]
stewshi 04:09 PM 08-03-2010
This is definitely a marketing ploy as I've seen sticks bidded at lower prices and also the catalog is not a complete list of sticks they sell.
[Reply]
Goldie 10:07 PM 08-03-2010
Definitely some solid smokes there. Jump on 'em if you can gents.
[Reply]
Chris. 05:14 AM 08-04-2010
The prices are good, but only slightly better than cigarsinternational...
[Reply]
thebayratt 02:35 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:

Yeh, good point.

I think they are trying to clear some shelves for new and upcomming IPCPR cigars. I suspect this week and the next few weeks, more onliners are going to be doing some sales to clear shelves some to make room.
[Reply]
Starscream 03:09 PM 08-04-2010
Lew is the man!
[Reply]
forgop 03:59 PM 08-04-2010
Reading this "mistake" seemed to sound too much like how much hype CI puts on each and every one of their $2/stick dog rockets.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:11 PM 08-06-2010
Dropkick, for DropTheE.
[Reply]
DropTheE 02:13 PM 08-06-2010
Ah, here is the post. Well I have just ruined my appetite over there today. I am about 300.00 shy of buyers regret, so another 259.00 and I won't feel bad at all!!

Man I got some great deals over there today. I feel all tingly!!
[Reply]
Chingas 02:30 PM 08-06-2010
Originally Posted by DropTheE:
Ah, here is the post. Well I have just ruined my appetite over there today. I am about 300.00 shy of buyers regret, so another 259.00 and I won't feel bad at all!!

Man I got some great deals over there today. I feel all tingly!!
It's one thing to buy them. It's a completely other thing to Store them...
[Reply]
DropTheE 03:36 PM 08-06-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
It's one thing to buy them. It's a completely other thing to Store them...
:-) Papa likes storing cigars and I have a lexington cabinet that isn't really even being used since I bought the tower. I would also add the tower still has empty spaces in it that should be shown some love. I tried to sell it but no bites. I am thinking that is God's way of letting me know it was ok to keep it.:-)
So yay for the big sale to fill up my furniture.
[Reply]
Brad 05:02 PM 08-07-2010
I got the catalog Friday, most of the prices I checked aren't wholesale. You can get the same boxes for less from other vendors. Nothing but a gimmick, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up