Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Chain store rant
AUguy 03:00 PM 08-03-2010
At least you have stores to choose from. The only place in my town that has a decent selection of cigars is a package store. They have a somewhat small walk in humidor with some good brands to choose from and the prices are good enough. The only problem is that only one guy in the store knows anything about cigars. So the only way the person at the register can know how much each stick costs is for someone to follow you into the humidor and write down everything you get. It just feels uncomfortable when I am just looking around to have someone standing right behind me the whole time.

At least we have online shopping now.
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 08:31 AM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by bsmokin:
The only B&M I ever go to is Holt's in Philly.... they are phenomenal in there for the most part. Very knowledgeable, professional, and generally will respect a 'no-thanks' in response to the question of needing help. This is a _great_ shop, but I'm guessing there are only a handful of places in the entire country that can be compared.

I agree. City Tobacco in Kingston, PA is like that too. Very professional and knowledgable when needed, and they let you browse and smoke in peace. Great place with lots of comeraderie.

Steve
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 09:52 AM 08-04-2010
I can handle rude/aggressive clerks. It's the fact that the cigars are so often kept in terrible conditions that keep me away. Sometimes the cigars in the humidor are so dry they are turning to dust and sometimes they are molding and bursting due to sauna-like humidity. Treat me bad if you want but if you mess with perfectly good cigars, I will take it personal!

MCS
[Reply]
samt 04:34 PM 08-04-2010
fhrblig, totally agree. i am pretty picky with my cigars and now only shop online.
[Reply]
captain53 06:18 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by samt:
fhrblig, totally agree. i am pretty picky with my cigars and now only shop online.
:-) Unless I am traveling an visit a local shop for a single or two or in a location with a super shop (Corona for example) that is fun to check out I buy everything online now.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up